thoughts about piercings? (other than ears)

Options

Replies

• cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If you are a woman that has not had a baby and plan on it. They hurt and they leave terrible scars! Yuck!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Depends on who you talk to - some people love them, other people hate them.

Me personally, I have had a vertical labret (lip) piercing for 10 years with out it I feel naked, and I am always looking for it (I had one job I had to take it out for - I only lasted at that job for 2 days). I have had my septum done for 5 years, before that both nostrils, 2 in my eyebrow, my belly button. I went through a major piercing 'phase' I am however thinking of getting my nose done again. My ears stretched the lower holes are a 4g right now but I am working towards a 0g, and the one ear has another one at about 12g. Oh and I had a Microdermal.. but that got ripped out at work and I just never went and had it redone.

I have tattoos too. I love them they are me - none of them have a particularly deep meaning for them either. My employer doesn't seem to care if I have blue hair or tattoos or anything and my family has learned to accept it - and the rest of the world, well I really don't care.

Edited to add something.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Are you asking because you want one? If that's the case, I suggest you make that decision for yourself- seeing as it's your body. You have to live with it each day.

I have tats and have been pierced, but that's because I wanted them. I don't really give a rats as$ about what other think of them.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    People with facial piercings are clearly superior. :)

599835_281670271931851_1971973596_n.jpg

Cardio Kitten speaks the truth!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    my nipple rings give me great pleasure.

<snort>
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    If you are a woman that has not had a baby and plan on it. They hurt and they leave terrible scars! Yuck!

my navel piercing and nipple piercings have lived through two pregnancies and are no worse for wear.
  • 101hellokittys
    Options
    despite the fact that some may look strange, hey, that person wanted it, so who are you to lecture them? the only one i would tell people not to do would be eyebrow piercings because if the person piercing your eyebrow messes up, they can hit a nerve and paralyze your face. but if all goes well, then good for you.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I am planning on getting my belly button pierced as a reward for getting the abs I want...not there yet. But I do have six tattoos...all dragons..and am planning my seventh...and I LOVE tatts on guys...it is just hot.

Note: my bf does tattoo work, and has owned his own shop before (not currently) but he does NOT have any tatts that are visible with clothes on...he says he has to stay professional....I too have to keep mine under wraps...but I wish I didn't.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

untrue. I had navel and nipple prior to pregnancy with no issues at all.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    hmm my best friend suggested I go for nipple piercing...tempted, but the pain and idea of possibly losing sensation worries me.
    Navel piercing is a reward at my UGW, possible nose piercing after my surgery in feb.

I don't mind piercings (some guys look amazing with a tongue or eyebrow piercing!)
  • katisabanana
    katisabanana Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    r91h00.jpg

i have 3 tattoos and 8 piercings.
    i only get tattoos that mean something to me, but if i had more money, i'd definitely have more.

to each their own. :)
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Of the 12 piercings I currently have, 5 of them are in places other than my ears. My first holes in my ears are at a 8 gauge right now, which I know some people consider to be weird. I love them all, but won't be getting too many more... MOAAAR INK!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    the answer you are looking for is yes.
  • changingforthegood
    Options
    I have a labret piercing, and 3 tats. I love them. Now there are some that may scare me.. Sorry im not trying to get my (y) pierced or my nipples or anything like that.. Im not that riskay.. but hey to each their own, and its your own opinion as to what you pierce or tat , or whatever you want..
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

my navel piercing and nipple piercings have lived through two pregnancies and are no worse for wear.

Mine have survived through many food babies and are still truckin'.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    As someone with snakebites(had the labret too, but I took it out) and a tattoo(a bad one that will be getting covered by something better eventually), I LOVE body mod.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    If you like them go for it
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Mine survived pregnancy, too.. Unfortunately my abs didn't.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Back the 90's as a teenager i loved piercings, grew out of it and now think most facial ones look silly/ugly.
    Still like tattoos but wouldnt get any on places the outside world see- arms/legs/face/feet
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    A little extra piercing here or there or a small tat is nice. Some sleeves / body tats are attractive - but IMHO should not become the norm for professionals. I guess I'm old school that way. I'm considering a tattoo - but it will be somewhere hidden by a casual short sleeve shirt to only show off when I want. I guess I'm old school a bit.

Oh, and 'grommets' in the ear and other 'mutilations' are disgusting to me. Again - just an opinion.