Freaking Girl Scout Cookies

Options

Replies

• emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    carmal delights oooohhhhya, my daughter was a girl scout, use to buy $$$$$$$$$$$$ now only have to buy from the local kids and the 5-6 boxes I buy, I get three cookies thats my limit, the rest are going over to my daughters house, to to tempting
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My wife always gets me a box of white fudge covered Oreo's for Christmas. I haven't even opened them yet. Talk about control!!! They are 100 calories per cookie.

Oh my god, you are gooooood!!
  • bladesmom
    Options
    My son insisted on buying some the other day... I gave in and we came home with 4 boxes. I've had 2 cookies and I think there are 2 boxes left. So far so good! :smile:
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    We always buy Caramel deLites, Thin Mints, and Peanut Butter Patties ~ the Caramel deLites are my personal favorites. I only bought one box of them this year & managed to ration them carefully. THAT is progress! :wink:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I hate that they changed the names of the cookies. It kind of annoys me.....but I :heart: my do-si-do's and tag-a-longs. I resisted the samoas FOREVER until my BF made me try one and now I like those too which sucks because they totally are the worst ones for you!
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I dont know why i bought so many. Thank goodness I can send them to my husband and his guys. lol. It's hard to decide which are my favorites, why do they ahve to put so many calories in the tiny things????
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I Don't know but in my opinion. Nothing beats a good old homemade chocolate chip cookie. The girl scout cookies have nothing on those.
  • 2723obriens
    Options
    I thought I was teh only one. My wodnerful Fiance brought home about 8 boxes the other day. I almost died!!! But so far so good. I have had some, but I always log the calories and try to keep it in moderation.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread--reminded me I forgot to log THREE of those pesky Do di Do's that snuck up on me at work 160 calories--phooey!!!
  • kimberly_diane2008
    Options
    yummy thin mints , it broke my diet and have not got back on track with my eating , and yea i think how hard they are working and want to earn things , so i have to buy them , so i get it believe me :smile:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I always buy whatever little kids are selling (yes I'm a sucker :blushing: ) but when it's cookies, or those chocolate bars, I take them to work. We're a 24/7 environment and goodies never last very long, especially when the IT guys discover them :laugh:
  • mouser79
    Options
    Samoas I am addicted to them!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Tagalongs all day .... I can eat a whole box if I let myself in one sitting
  • Vallandingham
    Options
    Stopped buying them. I'd love to help out the Girl Scouts, but the price they charge now is outrageous.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see a girl scout selling them, I buy one box of the thin mints for me because I love them. I do portion them out, and when that box is gone I try not to buy another. I do buy the Peanut Butter patties for dh because he loves them, I don't like them so it's no problem for me if they're in the house.

For people who have girl scouts: what I do whenever the kids are selling something from the school or the Boy Scouts are selling their popcorn, instead of buying what I don't want or need, I give them a donation. I remember when my children are doing fund raising, they only got a percentage of their sales. However, if someone made a donation then the school got 100% of the money (and I don't have something that is outrageous expensive that I don't really need or want). Is it the same way with the Girl Scouts? If I were to give them a flat out donation rather than buying the cookies, would they get all the money?
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    my daughter was doing a cookie booth and i almost bought a box of tagalongs.....thank god i didnt cuz i know i woulda ate them all in 1 sitting!!! that was very hard to resist. now, they will be done selling in 3 weeks, so i just need to stay strong for 3 more weeks and i'll be ok!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    oh yeah....a whole box of tag-a-longs is SOOOOOO easy to do in a day! :laugh:
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Samoas are my favorite but I'm going to try and resist buying them this year!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Thought I was safe from these pesky things. No more of them appeared at work and I don't buy them--don't have anyone in the family or neighborhood waving them around to tempt me. Little did I know that a friend who invited me to dinner was going to place temptation in my way. Dinner was grilled chicken with rice and veggies and teriyaki sauce on the side.

THEN, she asks the fateful question. "Would anyone like some Girl Scout cookies?" I expected a box or two. Little did I know....

Out she comes from the kitchen to the living room with SIX BOXES of the E%%$$^^^ things!!:noway: :noway: :noway: :huh: Turns out someone at her job put the touch on her, so she bought 5 boxes, THEN her teenage son comes home, finds out she bought cookies at work, and has a cow because his girlfriend is a GS and selling cookies. So there went 6 more boxes. I escaped after eating about 4 of them. EDIT: Four COOKIES, that is, NOT four boxes!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Those cranberry munch ones are actually pretty good. The lemon sandwiches are just plain awful:grumble: --give me a Carr's Ginger Lemon Creme sandwich anytime.:love: Don't keep THEM in the house either, for obvious reasons!!:laugh: :laugh:

My friend actually has an identity on here, but I don't think she will be logging her cookies...I, however, did log mine, along with the 2 pieces of chocolate cake that attacked me during a team meeting today at work. Oh the humanity. I tried to defend myself with a fork, but the darn thing kept cutting off pieces of cake:noway: and putting them in my mouth!!!:laugh: :blushing:

Mercifully, the cookie sale season WILL be over. Just like my weigh in is going to be OVER what I was hoping for due to my transgressions.:frown: :ohwell:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I had my samoas this week and I still lost two pounds.....so I'm thrilled. :happy: