instead of cheese

Options
124»

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    They can pry the cheese from my cold dead hands. Go for reduced fat/low cal or exercise so you can fit it into your day. Everything in moderation.

THIS!! i usually buy the cheese made with 2% milk, and be sure to measure out a reasonable portion. for example, tonight's dinner was a bowl of homemade chili, topped with exactly 2 tablespoons of the 2% milk shredded cheese (40 cals) and 1 tablespoon of reduced fat sour cream (23 cals). TOTALLY worth it to me. long live the cheese!! :drinker:
    Exactly, I had homemade lasagna last night and added skimmed shredded mozzarella. 70 calories for 30 grams (and I added 90 grams :blushing: ). It was delish!
  • tymberh
    tymberh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into the cheese made with 2% instead of whole milk? Also, try moderating your portions instead of cutting it out completely. You do need to be getting your dairy. If you don't go overboard, cheese is great for you!

Also, using stronger cheeses, like feta or bleu, can make it easier to keep your portions smaller.

l LOVE Feta and blue cheese! Great suggestion, Plus stronger cheeses can be healthier and low cal for lots of flavor!!