My new favorite breakfast!

Options
So I've loved overnight oats for some time, but this is the first time that I loved them enough to post about them! My sister in law mentioned using chocolate protein powder, but I guess I never thought about it, since I don't consider chocolate a breakfast food. Here goes the recipe:

20g Rolled Oats (1/4 Cup)
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/2 cup skim milk
1 banana

Mix the first 3 ingredients really well, the night before you plan on eating these. Slice up the banana and put it on top!

Replies

• demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of overnight oats before. I'll definately have to try this.
  • KristenF101
    Options
    They're amazing if you don't mind eating cold oats, and you don't have a lick of time in the morning!

They're also quite filling!
  • erinalysa14
    Options
    thank you!! I never thought to add the protein powder either
  • CherylBov
    Options
    Sounds yummy....and could save time during our hectic mornings getting out the door!!! Thanks!
  • Nyhart03
    Nyhart03 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Since I have a lactose intolerance, can I substitute the milk with say SILK or something similar?

edit: I also just read that you can do this with water as well. I'll have to try it out! Thanks for the idea!
  • dhickey73
    Options
    @Kristen - sounds delicious? Are you using steel cut, old-fashioned or instant? Thx for posting. Hoping to try this and knock out some running around in the morning.
  • dhickey73
    Options
    Sorry, my eyes clearly skipped over the "rolled" oats part! LOL
  • x_Shruti_x
    x_Shruti_x Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    awesome! what brand of protein powder do you use? Also, any idea approximately how many calories the recipe is?
  • adinacolgan
    Options
    I will have to try sometime, just learning to want to do recipe's and this is very few ingredients , excellent for me :) Thank you
  • KristenF101
    Options
    awesome! what brand of protein powder do you use? Also, any idea approximately how many calories the recipe is?

I use Lifetime Fitness Chocolate protein powder (my Sister in Law didn't like this one, so I took it off her hands!)

Calories: 325
    Carbs:51
    Fat: 2
    Protein: 31
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of rolled oats. I will have to check it out!
  • KristenF101
    Options
    as an FYI, I ate this at 9, and I'm just getting hungry. I'd call this a win, since I'm usually starving by 11:30.
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree! I make mine with almond milk and strawberry protein powder..it's wonderful and a great time saver since I fix breakfast for 5 every am :-)
  • sl0622
    sl0622 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yum! Great idea. Fiber and protein in the morning - perfect.
  • adinacolgan
    Options
    cant wait to try! :)
  • adinacolgan
    Options
    Wow, 91 lbs. awesome!!:happy:
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I make this with 1/2 cups oats, 1/2 cup skim milk, tbsp cocoa powder and tbsp of honey. Sometimes I add a tsp of ground flaxseed as well. Yummy!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Yes i have overnight oats for my brekky at work. I add chia seeds to mine but might also look at a protein powder. Never used protein powder before, what do i look for to make sure I'm mot getting one loaded with bad stuff?.
  • Casspage7
    Casspage7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 91lb weight loss :)
  • jbromhilda
    jbromhilda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I will have to try this.