Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for March

Options

Replies

• tobysjrzgrl
    tobysjrzgrl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Information Request. Would appreciate knowing what kind of HRM's you think are best and where did you find them.
    Also, anyone use a pedometer. I have a Sportsline and for some reason it won't work on my waist, so I hook it to my Bra. It looks like a have a tumor and doesn't work great there either.
    Thanks in Advance - Jersey
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Alot of people have gotten a Polar F4 or F6. There's few more polars that are more expensive. I've heard some good things about other HRM's, but whatever you buy, make sure you get one with the chest strap.

irismoon - Have fun. I had so much fun playing EA sports. I created a custom workout where it was all sports/dancing and didn't feel like I was working out.

Elysant - Sounds like a great competition - have fun.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Information Request. Would appreciate knowing what kind of HRM's you think are best and where did you find them.
    Also, anyone use a pedometer. I have a Sportsline and for some reason it won't work on my waist, so I hook it to my Bra. It looks like a have a tumor and doesn't work great there either.

I have the Polar F6 and love it! I actually wear it all the time... I put the chest strap on every morning just like I put on my bra. Then... if I'm out and about and find myself doing something aerobic or "exercisey" I can count it.
    There are higher levels of Polar HRM's that you can get - but for me... I just wanted something that would let me see how many calories I've burned... it's perfect. My husband bought mine at ****'s Sporting Goods.

Edited... lol - I didn't know it would flag that... any good sporting store should have them... lol
  • irismoon
    irismoon Posts: 83
    Options

I use a sportsline pedometer too. One of mine worked fine on my waist, but my newest one doesn't. I have to attach it to my pocket instead. Not sure why it doesn't work as good as my old one as they are both sportsline. My old one just finally died on me. Dropped it too many times I guess. Oh and my new one doesn't work correctly on exercise shorts or pants. I've considered finding a way to attach it to my ankle or something. There is a brand out there that has some that you can wear like a necklace and another that goes on your wrist and acts as a watch too.

To make sure it's counting right try moving it to different locations and count out 100 steps and then check the pedometer. Find a spot where when you place the pedometer you get the closest reading and use that location on your body. I'll do this with all new pedometers until I find just the right location to keep it at.

Hope that was helpful.
  • heather19th
    Options
    I would like to join your group! I love my Wii Fit Plus! I'm thinking about getting Biggest Loser but want to know what everyones thoughts are or is there something better for the Wii for excercise? What do I need to do to join?
  • tobysjrzgrl
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Just went out and got a Polar FT4.
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Hi Heather, you're in!! Welcome.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Mine is crazy hectic and work is hell, but I am sticking to my goals. Yesterday was my rest day, I am back at it tonight. Again going to box my socks off. :bigsmile:

tobysjrzgirl - Let us know how much you like your HRM once you have had a chance to get used to it. I am in awe of your weight loss btw. Wow!
  • heather19th
    Options
    Great, Thanks! I'm really interested to hear what ppl are using for the Wii other than Fit Plus that are helping? Ones that can be short times like 20 mins?
  • irismoon
    Options
    I would like to join your group! I love my Wii Fit Plus! I'm thinking about getting Biggest Loser but want to know what everyones thoughts are or is there something better for the Wii for excercise? What do I need to do to join?

All you need it seems is to use your Wii for exercise. That includes your Wii Fit Plus. If you want to get more games for it check out amazon.com for games. You can also go to youtube.com and type in the names of the name of the games in to find reviews for them. That way you can see which ones you like best before buying. Other games for the Wii include:

- My Fitness Coach
    - Biggest Loser
    - Gold's Gym Cardio Workout (boxing game)
    - EA Sports Active
    - EA Sports Active: More Workouts
    - Your Shape (comes with a camera you use while working out)
    - Yoga
    - Daisy Fuentes Pilates
    - Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009
    - Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010
    - Walk It Out

That's the all the games I've seen available for the Wii at least. Wii exercise really seems to be the newest hot thing.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Great, Thanks! I'm really interested to hear what ppl are using for the Wii other than Fit Plus that are helping? Ones that can be short times like 20 mins?

I've been using EA Sports Active for the past 3 weeks and I LOVE it. The workouts range from 20-30 minutes depending on the combination of exercises for that day, and the schedule is workout 2 days, rest 1. Altho I've deviated from that to go to the gym on Tues and Thurs so I've been using Sports Active about 4 times a week. For the 20-30 minutes, it tells me I burn between 150-200 calories depending on the workout. And it works arms, legs, cardio, etc. I'm planning to get the EA Sports Active More Workouts once I'm done with the 30 Day Challenge on this one. It has a different workout every day if you do the Challenge.
  • tobysjrzgrl
    Options
    Jane, I think I like the HRM. I just have to get used to wearing it. I hope it's close to accurate as I've already burned 500 calories and I got it after my 30 minute workout this am. I did do another 15 minutes and went for a walk.

How do you all record the calorie burn from the HRM on your exercise chart. I don't know how to record the daily burn, what to put it under. I was lumping my my wii burn but I'm confused now. HELP.

My weight loss is due to LapBand Surgery 10 months ago.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how many posts since the last time I had the time to read! It's fantastic.

Welcome to everyone new.

Finally, I got on the Wii for a whole 30 minutes tonight. I did some of the new Wii Fit Plus routines. I like the marching and the cycling ones. My son got on after me and tried to beat all my scores.

We are still on overload trying to get everything in place for the trip to Vail. I hope the weather will be good as we are driving up from New Mexico. Our insurance company is driving me crazy with details and stupid things to do.

When I get back I want to get one of the risers for the balance board. I'm glad to hear ther is a 3 inch one: not too low and not too high.

Have a great evening everyone,

JAM
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I can't believe how many posts since the last time I had the time to read! It's fantastic.

Welcome to everyone new.

Finally, I got on the Wii for a whole 30 minutes tonight. I did some of the new Wii Fit Plus routines. I like the marching and the cycling ones. My son got on after me and tried to beat all my scores.

We are still on overload trying to get everything in place for the trip to Vail. I hope the weather will be good as we are driving up from New Mexico. Our insurance company is driving me crazy with details and stupid things to do.

When I get back I want to get one of the risers for the balance board. I'm glad to hear ther is a 3 inch one: not too low and not too high.

Have a great evening everyone,

JAM

The 3 inch riser sounds like a good idea to me too JAM. Eventually I am going to get arond to getting one myself I think.

Hey, I feel for you having to jump through hoops for the damn insurance company, as if you didn't have enough to deal with!
    Hope that all goes smoothly for your daughter, and you, including the drive.
    Glad your enjoying the Fit Plus, and your son!

I probably will not be doing my full hour tonight, since it's one of those 10 hour work shifts, but I will certainly get on it for a little while, for some jack knives and expert boxing.

Hope everyone's week is going well.. here comes Friday !! :happy:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Just got my Wii fit plus upgrade. I like the new games but it really goes to show me what a clutz I am. I hope I get better. I have gotten better on EA Active so I guess practice does help. I don't know how you guys hula for so long it just kills me and I am still at 3 minutes.
  • TGKing
    TGKing Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi - I have been using the Wii Fit Plus going on 3 months. I am getting bored with the exercises so I think I will look for some of the other workouts I saw posted here. I usually average using the Wii Fit Plus 5 times a week and have just recently increased my time to 60 minutes. I really love doing step aerobics. Is there a particular program I can purchase for step aerobics? I enjoyed reading the messages everyone has posted.
  • MusicAngel415
    MusicAngel415 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to be included if I am not too late. I have wii fit and wii fit plus.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I would like to be included if I am not too late. I have wii fit and wii fit plus.

Never too late MusicAngel. I use the Wii it Plus myself.

Sadly , this is the first time in a coupe months that i have not reached my weekly goal. Work has been just draining every ounce of energy out of me. Frustrating! I am determined next week to get back on track seriously, and this weekend get in some extra time to make up for the missed days.

Here is to a refreshing weekend!
  • irismoon
    Options
    Did 20 minutes of free step on Wii Fit Plus today while watching tv. Also did 15 minutes of my EA Sports Active. Didn't burn as many calories as I wanted too, but that's what I get for not exercising early in the morning when I was full of energy. Will do better tomorrow.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Jane, I think I like the HRM. I just have to get used to wearing it. I hope it's close to accurate as I've already burned 500 calories and I got it after my 30 minute workout this am. I did do another 15 minutes and went for a walk.

How do you all record the calorie burn from the HRM on your exercise chart. I don't know how to record the daily burn, what to put it under. I was lumping my my wii burn but I'm confused now. HELP.

My weight loss is due to LapBand Surgery 10 months ago.

I don't calculate a "daily burn". I only track my calories burned when I'm exercising or doing extra physical activity that I wouldn't normally do... mow the lawn, shovel the driveway, help a friend move, or even spring cleaning. To record my calories burnt in the exercise log - I find what I was doing in the database (or create my own) and then add the minutes and calories burnt from the information my HRM tells me.