SMART PHONE USERS GET THIS APP ASAP

Options
12346»

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    So basically it reads the label for you?

The app goes into more detail and breaks down the ingredients that you may not understand. It also gives you healthier alternatives. Its more of a tool to help educate you. Makes you really think about what you're eating.

But nice sarcastic rude quip.

You realize you just gave the definition of reading, right?

Just because you read something does not mean you understand it. The app helps with confusing ingredients that you may not know are unhealthy. I think this app is helpful for when I am at the grocery store and want to quickly see what exactly is in a product and to see if its worth buying

I'm off to add 100+ languages I can 'read' to my resume.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wow. This merely summarizes the nutrition label for you and lists pros and cons at a glance. It's actually much faster than reading labels and will make you aware of some potentially harmful lesser known substances in the ingredients list. I don't put much weight into the "grade" the item is given, but if the app suggests a healthier option, I may check into it by COMPARING labels of the two "like items", (I actually process the findings myself, using my BRAIN.). It's a gadget, not a textbook.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Edited because I'm an adult and choose not to argue with other people on forums.
  • myana1
    myana1 Posts: 27
    Options
    Just got it and cant wait to use it. Thanks!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    So basically it reads the label for you?

The app goes into more detail and breaks down the ingredients that you may not understand. It also gives you healthier alternatives. Its more of a tool to help educate you. Makes you really think about what you're eating.

But nice sarcastic rude quip.

You realize you just gave the definition of reading, right?

Just because you read something does not mean you understand it. The app helps with confusing ingredients that you may not know are unhealthy. I think this app is helpful for when I am at the grocery store and want to quickly see what exactly is in a product and to see if its worth buying

Oh, I get it. You separate reading from comprehension. To me, these skills are one and the same, but I guess that's just my personal preference.

I know all the words in a calculus textbook, doesn't mean I understand them when put in that order.

Do we really have to start getting snotty with each other about this?

Edit to say,y particular issue with this app is I don't want someone whom I don't know to tell me what THEY believe is healthy. I prefer to educate myself, simply because a goodly proportion of diet "fact" is complete BS.
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options
    Does it work for iPads too?

Yes...... I recently download it to my ipad
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Your food shouldnt have a bar code to scan!!!! Eat clean!!! :) Its healthy!
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Foods without a bar code is your best bet