What is THE sports bra for big boobies?

Options
Seriously - this isn't geared towards you ladies with sweet little B-cups (no offense, personally WISH I had that size). I'm a 36-D and currently wear a regular bra AND a sports bra to exercise, but jeeze... I just ordered Moving Comfort's Fiona Bra from Amazon because I researched a bit and heard good stuff about it, but I'm curious if any ladies here have a sizable chest and some miracle sports bra that was made on some other planet... I would really like to jog but the bounce is just too insane.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I want to hear about this too :)
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    I would LOVE to know this myself! I'm a 38DDD and if I even attempt to run they will jump up and poke out an eye!
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    This one: http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Bra/dp/B005X5FG2O

I know lots of Enell users are here as well, but I keep hearing how those are hard to get into. This one is easy like a regular bra, but OMG, the support. :)

I'm a 32H and the girls have never been happier while exercising.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Sorry but if that's you in your display picture, you're making it very obvious you don't wish you were a B cup, lol.

Anyway, I've always heard that the compression sports bras from Adidas are amazing!
  • cIaireBear
    Options
  • amills1152
    amills1152 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! (Lol, I totally spaced and didn't think to use the search function, however thank you ladies for replying!) I'll letcha know how this one I ordered works out!
  • cleomouri
    cleomouri Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I hear you. It's so frustrating to not find anything in my size at a store (I'm a DDD). I'm going to give this one a try:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RAKPTM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I've got my eye on an Enell too; but I could buy 3 of the Glamorise for the price of one Enell. I figured it was worth seeing it the lower cost one would suit my needs before jumping for the really expensive option.

Mine's still in route so I don't know how it's going to work out, but fingers crossed that it'll keep the girls in check and not bouncing all over the place.
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If you are bigger than a true DD you should go to a specialty store and get fitted for the first one. After that look on the internet for deals. I got mine from amazon.

I am 36G (UK) or 36I (US). I use the DD+ from Shock Absorber for more control and the Elomi sports bra for moderate control. The Elomi has underwire so they look better for walking/hiking, but would never intentionally run it.

The Enell bra should only be consider a bra of last resort.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    34 DD on last measurement (apparently workouts have changed me, I used to be a 36D, not that I'm complaining). I absolutely LOVE my Under Armour Endure sports bra (zip front). I used to have to wear two bras, but I can eve run a marathon wearing only this one. Its a little difficult to squish the girls into it, but they don't move a bit while working out.
  • wendylou224
    wendylou224 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I got the Lily of France in Action Sports bra from Kohl's. I think it was $20 or less (not like the $50 for most sports bras). I've been happy with it. http://www.lilyoffrance.com/Sport.html
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    CHAMPION has the best sports bras. I wear the 36 DD too, hooks in the back like a bra, comes in nice colors.

Champion Double Dry®+ Spot Comfort® Full-Support Sports Bra
  • LMHnanicek
    Options
    I don't know if they still make them, but the best sports bra I found was a Road Runner Sports bra. I am a 36 DD and this bra gives me great support.
  • megd726
    megd726 Posts: 31
    Options
    I know people that love the Enell (spelling?). I tried it out and could barely get the thing on! I'm a 36D in sports bras and absolutely adore Moving Comfort's Juno sports bra. I have at least 7 of them. It's a compression sports bra so it pulls over your head and also has hooks in the back. The girls don't move at all! Sometimes I have a slight amount of chafing during the hot summer months. If I use Body Glide on those areas, it takes care of it completely!

If you have a running store near you that does sports bras fitting, I would recommend going and getting fitted. That made a big difference for me and I got to try on a whole bunch which was very helpful.
  • cleomouri
    cleomouri Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping I'll be able to go down a few band sizes eventually. Right now I'm a 46 and it is next to impossible to find anything in stores in that size. More often than not I'm told that the store only carries those sizes online so they can't help me when it comes to fittings.

Thus mine buying one on Amazon. I bought my best guess based on what I normally wear. Figure is worst comes to worst at least Amazon has a really good returns policy so I can always swap for a better fitting one.
  • 1966betty
    1966betty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i'd go with Under Armour, they're series of sports bras go by band and cup size!!
    and another brand is Shock Absorber--their bras are rated by activity level intensity. so if you're running then get the bra rated for running.

i have both brands and love them! they are both worth their price tag to me.
    :smile:
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36G or H and I have a Freya sports bra and it's amazing. Actually it's near impossible in the US to get my size. I was shoving into a DD for years. I found a store an hour away from me that specializes in the bigger sizes where they actually fit you. It's called intimacy and you may be able to find one near you.
  • vara123
    vara123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Am 34H (was 38G before I lost weight - go figure?!) and I LOVE my Shock Absorber. I wear it in the gym and when out jogging, used to wear it to zumba too - did the job, plenty of support without underwires. Love the two back straps - mid-back and between-shoulder-blades - really makes me feel contained!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Ditto. I wear the rebound racer.