Options

Replies

• lilteeraw
    lilteeraw Posts: 261
    Options
    but i love me my fiber
  • triing99
    Options
    Oh heavens, I heard the words FIBER ONE. I tried some of those products too, and I have banned them from my diet. I will eat Kashi products but only on days where I won't be working out or in public. LOL! I eat a lot of fiber and I'm generally ok, but I do know which foods cause me gas. Try keeping a close track on when it's better, when it's worse, if it changes at all, what you ate recently, etc. I also agree with what everyone else is saying-try beano, gas-x, change your foods, if it continues to be a problem-do see a Doctor to rule out any other potential problems.
  • alexandraei
    alexandraei Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I looked through your diary, and I might have noticed a combination that for me trigger the same manifestation: high calories + high protein + high sugar/sodium diet. Usually, I can fix this by lowering the sugar/sodium income. A solution might be to try to find the perfect combination between those. For me, the solution is to avoid eating sugar as much as possible, and also keeping sodium income to 1500 mg per day.
    Hopes this helps! Good luck ;)
  • awaterbuffalo
    awaterbuffalo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I fart everywhere and all the time. I do it when I am on the treadmill, even. No shame in gas... It is perfectly normal.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    but i love me my fiber

If you have the same problem as me, you can still have your fiber. I personally eat at least 25-30 grams of fiber almost every single day (sometimes more) with no issues. But, if one time I throw in a Fiber One bar all heck breaks loose (so to speak). It's that particular ingredient that they use to artificially bump up the fiber content in those foods that messes me up. Get your fiber from natural sources and you'll be fine.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    The only time it decreases for me is when I am getting a balance and more carbs than protein, oddly, I find that if I overdo the protein, I seem to get really intense gas, not sure why. Whenever I make my own meals, I get bad gas. whenever I eat out, I don't. Go figure, I must be getting something wrong. I also notice broccoli especially makes things worse, as do oats and protein powders. I seriously could have cleared the gym with what I was producing when I was having protein powder in my yoghurts. I certainly created my own rhythm on the elliptical.
  • SailerSiren13
    SailerSiren13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    According to Honey Boo Boo's mama, farting 12 - 15 times a day helps you lose weight.
    She should know as she is such a svelte little thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHw9kvArS3g
    hahaha

Oh my! LOL

best post tonight!!! i am lactose intolerance and had to cut out all dairy which sucks cause i love shakes and cheese. the first time i had a shake all year was about a month ago and i was in pain for 2 days. Also if i eat a fiber one bar my kids run for the hills so yeah none of those either. sucks but it is what it is.
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    okay... and also is too much gas bad>? :O

define bad? and bad for whom? My husband would kick me out of bed on those nights but I kick back. heh
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat a lot of broccoli and cauliflower, I get the poots. :embarassed:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    but i love me my fiber

It's that particular ingredient that they use to artificially bump up the fiber content in those foods that messes me up. Get your fiber from natural sources and you'll be fine.

Yup.
  • brajorie
    brajorie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a look at your diary and it didn't look like a lot of real food. Try phasing out all the fiber bars and get your fiber from veggies, also if you make a shake in the morning, put a tbs of psyillium husk in, which is pure fiber, that will be enough for a days worth of fiber. I phased dairy out of my diet all together so that could help too.
  • Yeah my sis had the same problem and she used Gas X and it totally worked for her :)
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    suggestion #1 try going off of dairy and see if that makes a difference
    #2 wheat often can cause gas pains after eating, try a day with out it.
    but most likely it is the high fibre which is good for you so take short walks out of doors :)
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Besides all of the extra fiber check the ingredients in the bars and anything else that might have sugar substitutes and see if there are any sugar alcohols (their names end in -itol)--they will certainly give you gas.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Absolutely sugar alcohol is just pure D fart juice!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I was having the same problem and through elimating certain things ( dark bread, eggs, dairy) one at a time, I've come to the conclusion it's the eggs, makes me sad, I love eggs. Next I'm going to try seeing how many eggs a week causes it, cause I've always eaten eggs in general, but since starting mfp had been eating them almost daily, which is obviously too much for my butt. My problem isn't at home with family, they can deal, but at work, that kind of stench is truly unacceptable.
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I applaud you asking this question.

I'm just a month or so in and yes, I've noticed I have more. JOY.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    whey proteins make me farty.
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    Sorry about your pooting problems... no words of wisdom but thanks for the giggles!
  • lilteeraw
    lilteeraw Posts: 261
    Options
    thanks for all the advice.
    guess ill keep having the toots...
    cuz i love my dairy and fiber too damn much!