Question, what is/was your goal "timeframe"?

Options
Question, what is/was your goal "timeframe"? Did you meet it?

Replies

• gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Before I die, and yeah I meant it.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Before I die, and yeah I meant it.

I can dig it.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I hoped to be under 200lbs by the new year but that didn't happen.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    When I started in May, it seemed implausible to me that I would hit my 'ideal weight' (according to all the charts) of 152-155 pounds by Christmas. That's what all those statistical 'models' said I should hit if I hit my calorie goals. I hadn't been under 170 for at least 14 years, and then only when I was nursing (when I can't keep on weight).

But I thought I'd give it a try, I figured I'd aim for 165 and be happy if I hit 170.

I didn't make 152 by Christmas, but I DID hit 159. I expect to hit 150 - where I'm going to stop - by early Spring.

I feel great and I am only mad at myself that I didn't do it earlier.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    When I get there.
  • RussellMagni
    Options
    I started at 290 in August 2012. i was 250 on November 5th but i took a break for the holidays. I hope to lose 75 lbs by the end of july!
  • lovingrn
    lovingrn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't have a time frame, just taking it day by day.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Putting a time frame on it can be setting yourself up to feel like a failure if your body doesn't respond how you hope it will. You can't actually change the rate at which your body is prepared to burn fat.

What you can do is choose a desired rate of weight loss to start with, stick to that calorie target daily, eat 5 or more servings of fruits and veggies daily, eat .8g protein per lb of body weight daily, drink plenty of water, exercise most days of the week, pick up and put down some barbells, and get lots of rest. The scale will move how it wills, but you can rest assured that you are doing the right things and you will eventually get there.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm at 200 right now. I want to be at or under 190 by the end of February because I'm going to Disney Land. Other then that, no time frame. The end of the year would be nice to be at goal weight, but I'm not worried about it. I know I will get there at some point!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    My timeframe is forever-but my "goal" isn't a number, it's to eat well & exercise and the number will take care of itself. So yes, everyday that I meet my food & exercise goals-I've met my timeframe.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I am trying to be 125 by 2014....145 by April 30th....
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Let me rephrase...I will be 145 by April.....
  • grnqueen
    grnqueen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well, I restarted at 232 on Jan. 1, 2013. Honestly, I wasn't sure this was going to work so I never set a goal. So as of 1/4/13 I'm 7 lbs lighter. My doctor predicted this but I sure didn't so I'm not setting a goal date just have my goal weight of 130 and some mini goals, like under 200, weighing what my license says and no longer in plus size :) When it happens, I'll be happy, but I'm not going to stress, I'm just going to meet my daily goals of eating right, no added sugar etc and watch what happens.
  • Fat_Cat_Bride
    Fat_Cat_Bride Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think initially I wanted to see what kind of results I saw within a 3 month period but I did have a realistic goal of 12 months.

Both of those timeframes have now been thrown out the window and I'm focusing more on positive, healthy lifestyle changes rather than short term gains that will probably be unrealistic and send me back to square one.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I'll get there when I get there.
    My overarching goal is to eat and exercise in a sustainable manner, one day at a time.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Well, my goal was to be under 200 by March 4th, my 30th birthday, but to be there I would have to lose 27 more pounds and I lose about 5 pounds a month. Ultimantly I want to be 132 pounds by Christmas. I started my ticker over Christmas day and I am going to see how far I get.
    sw 264
    cw 227
    gw 132
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I started on August 6th at 225, and around the beginning of December I weighed 185lbs and have stayed there. I wanted to be to 170 by the new year but that didn't happen because I took like 2 months off in there hahah. But now I am back on course, by the beginning of April I want to be 160ish (or less) and I AM GOING TO DO IT!!! MUAHAHAHAH. lol ;).
  • IWantToo
    IWantToo Posts: 162
    Options
    My goal is 10 pounds a month.. I have no time frame.. I came to that realization the other day when i got on the scale to weigh and thought for what, if you dont see any change it will just make you want to stop, so whats the point.. i'll weight once a month only to see if i reach my goal honestly i'll be happy to see any change even if its not the 10..
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I never set a hard date for losing weight.. It adds unnecessary pressure I think. I'd say roughly 6 months?
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I started January 1st, 2012. I had 108 pounds to lose. I planned to lose 2 pounds a week. So I honestly thought I would hit my goal weight by the last week in December! :laugh:

Theoretically I could have, but I did not count Lady Days (the weeks of period time I would lose like .2 of a pound that week if anything at all) and I did not realize that I could do everything 'right' and still not lose 2 pounds that week. So I quickly realized that my goal was unreasonable for me.

Now I have 36 pounds to go and I think I will hit it sometime in June 2013.