Question, what is/was your goal "timeframe"?

Options

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    My weight loss goal was set at 1 year. I made that goal.

My fitness goals have no end date. It's an ongoing process, there will always be room for improvment.
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've set a goal weight and will reevaluate in June at my six month mark. I have quite a bit to lose but getting in shape is just as important. If I set a big goal it can be intimidating and I don't want to set myself up for failure.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I decided not to set a time goal. Mostly to avoid a mental block or thinking I failed if I didn't meet it.

A few months ago, it popped into my head that I maybe could lose 50 by my birthday (January 30) but I let that go and I'm glad I did (looks at date...looks at ticker...) LOL. No reason to think I've failed if I've 'only' lost 40 by that date instead.
  • SingeSange
    SingeSange Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I had set a goal in August to release 20 lbs by Christmas and I met that goal.

I now have 3 more pounds to release and I'll be halfway to my ultimate goal. That goal will take longer I think because I won't only be focused on on weight loss but on increasing my exercise and exploring healthy ways to eat. I'm hoping to meet that goal by the time I'm 40, so 2 years.
  • sammichPG
    Options
    One year to get a normal bmi (started 8 months ago), another to become more muscular?
    Honestly I have no idea, I'm quite happy with myself right now.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I was thinking 18 months for my full goal. Im 11 months in and on track to meet it. However, the weight loss sure has slowed down as soon as i hit 185. Not as easy as it was when i was in the 200s! My goal is 155. So hopefully by summer.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have certain mini goals set up to keep myself on track. I eat 1770 calories a day, work out once a day for 30 mins at least. Hoping to be 160 by the end of May. I have trip planned that I would like to be able to buy new summer clothes for. I have a mini goal of St. Patricks Day, hoping to be down 20 lbs (so 185 ish) by then. IF I am not I will adjust my calories and work outs accordingly. The overall goal is to be 140 by September for a concert I have tickets to. So If I don't meet my second mini goal I will yet again adjust calories and workout times accordingly.

To me this is a lifestyle change. And I am not going to lower my calories to a number I can't sustain on a longterm basis. For me 1770 is the perfect number. Some days I eat less than this, some days I eat a little over it. But I NEVER beat myself up about it. So far I have lost about 5 lbs in two-ish weeks. That's great to me.

GL everyone!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    you need to change your outlook or you will fail.

there is no timeline for success. it's an ongoing work-in-progress.
  • downpound
    Options
    my goal time frame is to be at 210lbs by nov. 1sy 2013
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    First I wanted to get rid of 10kg in three months (I was severely obese) + make exercising a part of my everyday life. Did that :)
    Now I just try to lose 15kg before my birthday (June 1st). Once I reach that goal I'll set a new one.
  • AllenWins
    Options
    My goal is be active and healthy and my timeframe is for life.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    My first goal is to be around 40 lbs lighter by May or June, so I can have my back surgery. After that, there's pretty much a year recovery before I can be as active as I want (have to give my spine time to make enough bone to be stable); for the next year and half (before the surgery and during the recovery time) my activity is somewhat limited. I'm not supposed to lift weights, have high impact exercise, do things that involve twisting motions, or walk/stand for long periods of time. For the next six months, I can swim, sometimes I can walk, and I can use a recumbent bike. After that, we'll see; I know I won't be able to ride my bike outside after the surgery for a year due to risk of falling.

Whatever time it takes to be fit and healthy (once the surgery's done) is fine; my best guess is around a year and a half for the last half, so by 2015 sometime I hope to be at (or close to) my goal weight.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I never set a goal date, as I knew that taking it slow and making it a life change more then anything else would work best for me. That being said, I am about 4 lbs from my goal weight and it has taken me 9 months (with 4 vacations taken during this time).
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I dont have a goal I will be happy when I get this weight off and yes it would be nice to get it off sooner rather then later but there is no rush. I would like to lose 50+ this year.
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    No time frame. I just accepted that this was going to be a long journey.
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When I started in Sept. 2010, I thought I'd be at my goal weight by May 2013. I'm still about 30 lbs away from that. However, I have a LOT of major life changes going on before then and I'm JUST getting off of a 6-month plateau, so I've readjusted my "timeframe" a bit.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be at my goal by the end of the year (I didn't make it) but I almost did. I'm happy with where I am and am sure I'll meet my goal shortly. I've also done more than I ever imagined when I found MFP in July so all in all, I'm pretty happy
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I aimed to reach 140lbs (a healthy BMI for me) by Christmas. I achieved this. Now I aim to lose 14 more lbs, no rush with them though.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm thinking maybe the end of summer? maybe? My weight loss goes in 10 pound spurts it seems.
  • NattieJoan
    Options
    I started this at New Year and would like to complete it by the same time next year (: