I hit my first short-term goal today.

Options
13»

Replies

• CrazyAdventures
    CrazyAdventures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Chris, I am so proud of you, you are going to do it! I adore the WiiFit, I like how gentle it is and it keeps you moving playing games and you don't even realize it, you're going to love it, too. Have you used the EAS Active at all? That is also another fave.

Keep on keepin' on, and you're going to do it, I have absolute faith in you!
  • diana4kids
    Options
    Chris, Did you still lose wight eating subway?
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    WOW! You are such an inspiration! =D

Its great to hear about your success, congratulations! And don't worry about what others think, YOU know the changes taking place in your life, and YOU are proud of them.. That's all that matters =)
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Chris, Did you still lose weight eating subway?

I did ... I would eat a 12" ham on wheat (usually) with pepper jack cheese, with just a whisper of light mayo, mustard, and loaded with veggies (all but jalepeno and olives).

That got me through the first month, and I lived for that one meal each day. But then I seemed to hit a little mini-plateau for about a week, so I decided to look for some alternatives. Also, I realized that I was getting 3600mg of sodium from that one sandwich!

Also, when I started, my daily calorie allowance was around 2200, so taking an 800 calorie hit from subway was no big deal. As I readjusted my goals, my calorie allowance decreased (I'm at 1750 now) so It worked out well to move on from subway.

I went through a tomato sandwich phase after that.

Now I'm on a homemade pico de gallo kick. Ever few days I make a new batch and at least one meal per day (lunch or dinner, sometimes both) I'll eat two 10" flour tortillas, each loaded with pico, 1/2 ounce shredded cheddar, 2 tbsp fat free sour cream, and as much lettuce as I can cram in there. Each one is about 200 calories.
    Have you used the EAS Active at all? That is also another fave.

I have that as well, but I've not started a 30 day challenge yet. So far I've just created a lightweight workout (Dancing, Tennis, Boxing, Dancing, Volleyball, Twisting, Dancing) that lasts about 11 minutes. It's enough to work up a little bit of a sweat, and it's fun.

I made a conscious decision to not jump full boar into dieting and exercising at the same time. I just didn't feel like I could do both initially. Now that I've got the diet thing under control, I've been slowly increasing my level of activity. Also, now that I'm nearly 40 pounds lighter, I feel like I have a lot more energy. I'm also and just plain feeling healthier and more active since I'm not eating junk food all the time.

So ... I guess it's time to start that 30 day challenge! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!