Soul Mates - Real or Not

Options

Replies

• eris1981
    eris1981 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Could there be someone else out that that I would be equally happy with? Probably, but I'm glad I don't have to look any longer.

THIS!
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    There's nothing but me at the end of my rainbow, so I have to be happy alone.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Real, but i didn't realize the concept was limited to just one person.

I don't necessarily think it is but if something happens to mine I'm not going looking for another one. B!tches be crazy and I'm too old to go through all that *kitten* again.

Seriously. I'm really happy that my wife and I got together before Facebook and interwebz and cell phones and texting and all this craziness. It was a lot simpler.

Totally agree! My husband and I were just talking about this. We both said that if one of us dies that we would want the other one to be happy, but then we both said that we can't imagine being with anyone else. I've been with him since I was 19, almost 20 years now.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    no matter who you are with or married to its is an almost 100% certainty that there is a better mate out there for you.

and before you say you know you found the perfect mate just think about it statistically. do you really think out of the small sample of people you have dated you found the 1 person on the planet who is the best fit for you?
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I do believe in soul mates. I dont believe it always happens in a Fairy Tale ending though.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Real to an extent.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Only one person that you are destined to be with in all of time, in the whole universe?

No, I don't think so!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    You become soul mates after you meet and grow close. There is not one person you are destined to be with.

It was definitely destiny for my husband and me. If we had met at another time and place, we probably would not have gotten together. It was the right time for both of us.
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I thought I was married to my soul mate - 'till I found him in bed with another woman...

Now, I'm not so sure about 'soul mates' anymore.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    You become soul mates after you meet and grow close. There is not one person you are destined to be with.

It was definitely destiny for my husband and me. If we had met at another time and place, we probably would not have gotten together. It was the right time for both of us.

Me too. My wife and I were actually in the same graduating class in high school. She was sitting right behind me at graduation. We never knew each other. We would probably not have liked each other if we had met then. We met on a blind date 5 years later. We were married one year to the minute after that. That was 16 1/2 years ago.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Me too. My wife and I were actually in the same graduating class in high school. She was sitting right behind me at graduation. We never knew each other. We would probably not have liked each other if we had met then. We met on a blind date 5 years later. We were married one year to the minute after that. That was 16 1/2 years ago.

That's awesome! My husband is almost 16 years older than me, and we met when I was 19. We were introduced by my ex-boyfriend, of all people, because when my ex met my husband, he was like, you are *just* like my ex-gf. haha

If we had met much earlier, I would have been jail-bait. :tongue:
  • TheStefanieJ
    Options
    "And the Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a companion who will help him."

I think were all destined to find someone
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Not real.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I believe in it. Yes, the notion is cheesy. But if you are fortunate enough to find yours, all of the sudden the concept doesn't seem that foreign
    [/quote

I second this.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    not sure about soul mates but I found someone who is my perfect match and we are different but compliment eachother well in the most important areas. We are both dedicated to one another and are completely in love and faithful. I guess that is as close to perfection as it gets. We made 3 gorgeous kids together too and have the same morals and values. I don't label it, I just feel really lucky :). We also have the same initials, the same amount of letters in our first and last names, and one letter difference in our first names. Funny coincidence.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I think there is most definitely a peanut butter to everyone's jelly.

However, I think that a lot of people try to force that with someone who isn't their jelly because everyone WANTS that so much. Lots of unhappy couples out there.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I think not. There are lots of people you could be compatible enough with to spend a lifetime in their company.

I read somewhere once that people who DO believe in soul mates are more likely to get divorced because they feel they made a mistake in choosing a partner that wasn't their soul mate afterall. Or they found someone else they believed WAS their soul mate.
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    "And the Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a companion who will help him."

Soooo hope and pray this is true...!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Imo, the concept is ridiculous that there is one perfect person for u...or I'm just a negative bleep.

What r your opinions?

in a world of 6+ billion people, it's fairly pessimistic to assume that there is only 1 soul mate for you on the whole planet. if that were the case, the odds of anyone ever meeting, much less dating and falling in love, with their soul mate would be astronomically small.

however, on the odd chance that this theory is correct, i have insider information that tells me that Stephanie Seymour is my soul mate.

Stephanie, if you're reading this, call me. ok? :flowerforyou:

Hi, my real name is Stephanie Seymour. :wink:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Kinda how the Lord God came down and knocked up a married chick and then sent an angel to tell her husband how it was gonna be?