gained 10 pounds in 10 days

Options
2»

Replies

• AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    You are probably constipated and retaining water. Unless you went way over calorically you didn't store fat. But, there is no way to gain 10 pounds of muscle in 10 days.
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm going to disagree with the poster above (two up).. There is no way you will have gained substantial muscle mass in 10 days. None.

What I suspect is happening is that you have a lot of retained fluid on board - both from the additional strain on your kidneys that a high protein diet can produce, and from generalised swelling of muscles that are adapting to increased loads. Swelling is a natural response to micro-damage of muscles, and swelling is fluid. Once your muscles start to heal the fluid will be excreted, but keep drinking plenty of water in the meantime. Swelling is there for a reason, so let it run its course.

I suspect your BF total mass is identical. BF scales measure total body water, and by subtraction estimate body fat percentage. More mass with identical BF mass makes for a proportionally lower BF percentage reading, but given that your extra 10 pounds is almost certainly water, this is a specious decrease.

Keep working and you will certainly see changes, but you are in a transient state right now that won't last.

This^^^^

Your body will retain anytime you make a substantive change to your routine. Give it a week or two and it will normalize.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

jesus christ, at least i was never 140 overweight...

What a horrible response
  • Pont32
    Pont32 Posts: 8
    Options

That is rude and Uncalled for you come on this board asking for a discussion and bash on others that have done a heck of lot more than you to better themselves. Just rude
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My bad
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Clearly, you're doing something horribly wrong.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I can't believe you said that! Do you really not realize what a douche that makes you sound like?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my 'ignore user' list.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    What an eye opener January is on MPF is. Bad information and rudeness. Most awesome. NOT. I think when people go to an effort to answer your post and help you out it's kinda nice to be polite in return...call me old fashioned but hey that's just how I roll.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    you people. Thanks for the laughs.
  • Jers43
    Jers43 Posts: 100
    Options
    Ummm no ya didn't.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I gained 6 pounds in 48 hours. Leg day. Plus running. My legs feel like lead.

Poop + water retention in stressed muscle.

Thank you for this!

I did legs and running on Wednesday, and on Friday weighed in with a 2lb gain. Today, I'm down that gain plus 1.5. Phew! I was in full on panic mode.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my 'ignore user' list.

Agreed. Seriously uncool OP...