5"2 - 5"6 discus weight/size goals and opinions on others?

Options
I'm 5"5 and female, the heaviest I was-145 and now I'm 112, still wanna go lower, what's your opinions and goals?:-)

Replies

• lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'4.5"

highest: 177 lbs
    current: 155 lbs
    goal: 135 lbs, maybe 140

I havent seen the scale go beneath 150 since I was 12 years old! I'm not quite sure what weight I should shoot for =?
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    5"2, female, age 43, with a goal of 102 lbs of hard body. Course, with the rate I'm losing on bra size, there wont be nothing left but muscle! Why can't we pick and choose where we lose the fat!! LOL

I'm working on total body strength and muscle tone, doing lots of core exercises, and hoping for at least 4 pack abs (getting lower ab definition is probably hopeless after 5 kids incl twins.)
  • Morningstar93
    Options
    5'3" and 19 years old, heaviest at 170! and now weigh 138.. goal is 135 :)
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'5" and I would look sickly at 112 pounds. I currently weigh 146 with a goal around 130, but am not hung up on the scale number. I would much rather be at about 20% body fat and strong, even if that ends up being at a higher weight.

That being said, when I was younger I was obsessed with the scale number and thought it was everything. The older I get, the more I realize that isn't true. I can fit into a lot of the clothes I fit into when I was 20 years old and 120 pounds, even though I'm 10 years older and 25 pounds heavier.
  • er03bald
    er03bald Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5'2 current weight 177 my goal is 125-130. anything less wouldn't be sustainable for me without eating like a bird. (ive been close before lol)
  • 1990sophia1990
    1990sophia1990 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 and currently 114 pounds but I really want to be 110 pounds but most importantly I want to tone my body!!!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'' and I'm near my goal weight of 140, I started at 160. To be frank, anybody less than 120 would be scary thin. In High School I weighed 123 and looked one step above anorexic. In those days I was trying to GAIN weight. I know everybody has a different body type, but watch your BMI and don't go too low. I wouldn't mind being 130, but I'm on a weight training program and I'm thinner with a lower body fat % at 140 than I was the last time I weighed 125. There's more to life than the number on the scale. It took me a while to figure that out, but I'm loving my body these days. It's not perfect, but It's pretty damn good for a 30 something mother of 2.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    5'6 here, I feel the best at about 122 , I have been down to 120 but I felt constantly cold so ... 122 is my aim. After Christmas I am about 127 now so I need to loose those few ponuds and tone those abs :)
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", my heaviest was about 175. currently about 128 which seems to be a good weight for me, was once 116 looked disgustingly thin.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 and female, the heaviest I was-145 and now I'm 112, still wanna go lower, what's your opinions and goals?:-)

If by opinions, you mean our opinion on your goal weight? At 5'5" 112 is a little underweight, so I wouldn't suggest going any lower.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'5" and I would look sickly at 112 pounds. I currently weigh 146 with a goal around 130, but am not hung up on the scale number. I would much rather be at about 20% body fat and strong, even if that ends up being at a higher weight.

That being said, when I was younger I was obsessed with the scale number and thought it was everything. The older I get, the more I realize that isn't true. I can fit into a lot of the clothes I fit into when I was 20 years old and 120 pounds, even though I'm 10 years older and 25 pounds heavier.
    Exactly :)
  • hannah_alfie
    Options
    Ahh right;D see this is what I don't get, most people I read about who are my height way around 135 and are a normal healthy weight, but when I was 140 I was overweight, and I'm 8 stone now and I'm still chubby and have a body fat percentage of about 22/21, so I always get confused when people way more but are still slim, maybe I have really light bones?:') what's everyone's measurements? Like hips, waist, e.c.t???
  • 1Clueless1
    Options

Agreed!!!!!!!!!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3ish and I currently weigh 204. Highest wt was 252 while pg with my middle child and my lowest was 145ish right before I got pg with my 3rd. I was a size 8. That's a good wt for me, but this time around I want to be very fit and un-jiggly. I'd like to lose about 60lbs and be toned.
  • hannah_alfie
    Options
    See! @Laurend244 your lightest was 145 and you were a size 8, but when I was 145 I was a size 10/12, it just confuses me:')
  • snapril68
    snapril68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 .. Starting weight was 130. Now down to 113-115 and my goal weight is 105 lbs. I'm pretty curvy though but have not measured my hips and thighs but I have noticed they've slimmed down with the weight loss. I went from a size 9 pant to a size 5-7 give or take :)
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 116 and was 140 when I decided to lose weight. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to stop at 115 or try to get down to 110. When I was in much of my 20's, I was between 103-110 without any effort, so I have < 110 in my mind.
  • hannah_alfie
    Options
    @snapril68 oh cool! Well that helps:D even though your slightly smaller than me, you way around the same as me!:D woop;)
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    I'm 5'2
    SW: 156
    CW: 139.6
    GW: 125
    I've been around that weight (125) before, and while I may still evaluate to go lower once I hit there, I don't feel a real need to go any lower. I feel that any lower and I would be doing the gym every day, and I'm not too keen on that. I'd rather maintain my weight through normal every day activities with occasional exercise. Most of my weight loss has been diet controlled with very little change in physical activity. Now I'll be adding in some exercise several times a week to simulate every day activities (since I'm currently not in school or going out anywhere). Since my goal isn't presently to be building muscle, save for what occurs through the exercise I do, I feel my goal is realistic and maintainable for the lifestyle I want to lead, and that's really the core of all you'll be doing. If you aren't going to continue what you've been doing to lose the weight, you'll probably gain at least part of it back. And be healthy about your body, of course. I get sick when I hit the 113 area, so I don't even have it in my goals to get that low.
  • gail4721
    gail4721 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    in the past the charts were 5' tall = 100lbs and every inch over that was 5lbs so you are definitely where you should be...anything less would be unhealthy for you. 5'2' =110lbs 5' 4" = 120lbs etc