5"2 - 5"6 discus weight/size goals and opinions on others?

Options

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    @shorty35565 thanks! I have a picture on my profile of me at 140, and a picture next to it of me at 8 stone 5(117) so you can look at that and tell me your opinion?:) and your comment has been very helpful, thank you, I do really wanna tone up a bit so I'm starting the gym soon xx

I think you look pretty good :) I wish my stomach was as flat as urs! If you want to look more muscular, I think you should consider a bulk.There might b another better way that I'm not sure of tho. Join this group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress- They're people in there who have helped me. They're already in shape. They can help u much better than I can. They will probably want front pictures too. But they definitely know what they're talkin about. Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • hannah_alfie
    Options
    @shorty35565 THANKS! :D ill give that link a try :) thanks a bunch! Ill send you an add xxxx
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    OP: At your Stated height and weight your BMI is 18.6 - at the extreme low end of the healthy range. Your body fat % puts you in the fitness range.

Description Women Men
    Essential fat 10–13% 2–5%
    Athletes 14–20% 6–13%
    Fitness 21–24% 14–17%
    Average 25–31% 18–24%
    Obese 32%+ 25%+

You do not need to lose any more weight as it will be unhealthy - if you do not like you shape - then you need to build muscle to change you measurements - not how much you weigh on the scale. losing more pound will mean losing more muscle which will not fix you shape.

Take a look at New Rules of lifting for Women http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-

or at strong lifts 5x5 http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4618-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
    very good advice here
  • prettypincushion
    prettypincushion Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and at my highest was probably 150(I refused to get on a scale). My highest weight on a scale is 145 and that was a little over a week ago. Today I was down to 141.7. I would really like to be back down in the 110-115 range that I was in a few years ago. But really regardless of the number I want my favorite pants to fit again and to fit in all my cute clothes....and my wedding dress. I would probably be okay getting back down to 120 but ultimately about 110-112 is what would make me ecstatic since I previously weighed that much and couldn't have been happier with myself. With you being and inch taller than me and already down to 112 it sounds like you need some toning up and strength training to tighten up some but you probably don't need to actually lose more weight.
  • kad050209
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' currently weight 155lbs. I just had a baby boy almost 3 months ago so it's time for me to start losing this baby fat lol... I weighed 125lbs before I got pregnant so that is my goal right now! I've gained some fat but, I have a lot of lose skin especially my stomach... I have a hard time toning up! Any suggestions or anything at all that can help...
  • LadyCastonguay
    LadyCastonguay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You need increased weight by muscle gain, the number is crap, muscle gained and toned at 130 is beautiful at your height.
  • pjunge11
    Options
    Good luck!
    I'm 5"2' too, highest weight of 160, current weight of 140, goal of 120.
    I once weighed 117 for about a week, but couldn't maintain it! :)
  • jevellgraham
    Options
    Hello,

Name: Jevell G.
    Beginning Weight: 296.4 lbs
    Goal: 190
    Height: 6' 2"
    Day: 26 (started December 10, 2012)

I would like to add more friends to keep me motivated. I am currently a graduate nursing student at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. Please feel free to add me. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jevell
  • unicornlair
    unicornlair Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Height is 5'5.5"

I'm currently 132
    Was 120 - felt the best here, but not trying to get back.
    I weigh the most I ever have but I'm also the oldest I have been.
    Looking to gain more strength and muscle so I don't really have a goal weight.

I am also looking for friends. So if anyone wants to add me :)
    Thanks!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 229 pounds. My lowest weight when I met my husband was 145 and I wore a size 6. I DO have big bones ~ not using that as a fat girl excuse...but I wear a size 11 in shoes and when I got married wearing a size 6/7, I wore a size 8 on my ring finger. I carry my weight differently :) Even at 229, I wear a size 16.

I would LOVE to get down 145, but hitting 160 would make me jump for joy!!
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and I'd like to be around 130-140

I don't think I want to be super duper skinny. Just fit :3
  • angelacooper3
    angelacooper3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    See! @Laurend244 your lightest was 145 and you were a size 8, but when I was 145 I was a size 10/12, it just confuses me:')

You need to remember that there are women here posting from the UK and the US. If memory serves me right a US8 is the same as a UK12?

I'm 5ft 5". My heaviest post baby weight was 175lbs 11 years ago. I was 112lbs all through my teens and early 20's but if went back to that now at my age I would look ill.

Currently 152lbs, looking to get down to 140lbs and see how I look at feel at that. May then look to lose a further 10lbs to get down to 130 but no more, as losing too much weight would probably age me and at 44 that's the last thing I want :)
  • lisacarr2
    Options
    Im 5'5 and two years ago I was at 180lbs and in a size 16. In 6 months I got down to 134lbs with proper diet and exercise and discipline. I managed to gain back 11.2lbs in a year and am now back on the fitness train to get back into my size 6!!! Lost 2lbs already. You can do anythin you put your mind too! After babies I didnt care that I was overweight as long as they were healthy and happy but you do get to a point as they get older that having a mom that can get out on the soccer field and run instead of sitting on the sidelines made me want to change!
  • btayl506
    btayl506 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am currently about 5 foot 3 inches tall and weigh about 120
    my goal is to be back down to 110.... but my main focus is to just
    gain muscle and be toned! I used to weigh 98 pounds and that was not good,
    so my goal is to just stay at a healthy weight and add muscle .. and to do it the
    healthy way this time :)
  • _mrsgigi_
    _mrsgigi_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    5'4
    my heaviest flux between 157-160
    my starting weight for my weight loss was 158.
    my weight as of today is 149.
    my goal is 135 (for now).
    I just really hope to slim my stomach and tone up my arms.
  • FLdreamin
    Options
    Hi, brand new here :-).
    52 y.o. female
    5 ft 3 1/2 in
    136 lbs.
    For years could eat whatever I wanted & weight held steady at 116. The last couple years the weight has been creeping ever upward.
    Right now my goal is 126. Not sure why I picked that #, just seems like a healthy weight for someone my height & age :-)
    Anyway, i'm really glad I found this site, people here seem real encouraging & supportive! Best of luck to all of you!
  • clarey265
    clarey265 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" 29yrs and at one of my highest weights currently of 153lbs, I started last Tuesday (8 Jan) determined too shift some lbs. I was doing well before Christmas without tracking and in November I was 7lb lighter than I am now! I will be the first to admit that I just ate and drank everything in December but with a holiday booked for April I hope I have some much needed motivation!

I haven't had any children so cant blame it on that, it is just all my own doing and although friends say that I am not fat the scales with body fat analysis say that I am 35.5% body fat which scared me!

I think my first goal is 10% weight loss by 17 April which would take me to 138lbs and then I will see what I think. Just to get to sub 140lbs would be a dream!

Please add me if you are similar or think that we could work well together. You can see my start pics on my profile.
  • QueenJaneRoughly
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and about 112, down from 220 in 2005. I'm happy here.
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am 28yrs old, 5'2" and my current weight is 156. My goal right now is 130. When I get there, then I will decide if I want to lose more or stay there.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    5'1.5" and 106 lbs, I think I'd go no lower than 98. My BF % is 21% and i'm looking to hit at least 18% but i doubt that will ever happen. :/