George Foreman Grill

Options
Well well, I must say, this is probably my must have gadget of the year. This time last year I was drinking too much, smoking waaaay too much, not eating healthily at all, and laughed at the idea of exercise. Spending money on a Geroge Foreman wouldn't have even crossed my mind!

A year down the line however, I've given up smoking, only drink on weekends, exercise regularly and am trying to eat healthily (even though I'm not a great cook)

I ended up purchasing a George Foreman grill in order to cook chicken mainly....amazing! Mine arrived yesterday, and I cooked my first chicken breast on it today, I have to say, it's absolutely wonderful, particularly for someone like me who generally has a phobia of anything that's daunting to cook.

Does anybody else have one of these? Perhaps any recipes to share?

Many thanks everyone!

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I love my Foreman grill. I cook everything on it. I lightly season shrimp with spice islands spicy seafood seasoning and throw it on the foreman cook for about 2 minutes. I even cook bacon ( well cooked bacon I have had any for a while) on it. it comes out flat and crispy. Steaks are awesome on it as well. simple seasoning and maybe a little Pam ( after a while things may start to stick) Enjoy cooking!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    bump I love my forman grill it is so fast!!
  • nataliesaunders2470
    Options
    Sounds delicious, I'm definately going to be trying out steaks soon!

My boyfriend was saying how if he ever had bananas that had brown skins and had gone soft, he'd put them under the grill. Worth trying perhaps.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    If you eat a lot of sandwiches, this thing is key. You plug it in and can toast your sandwich in about a minute. It makes the cheese all gooey and warm...MMM! It elevates the humble sandwich to a whole new level :)
  • nataliesaunders2470
    Options
    Yum. I love toasted sandwiches too, but I find when I've used a sandwich maker the crusts end up too hard. Looking forward to giving them a blast on the old Georgey instead!
  • kratrina
    kratrina Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love chicken on the George Foreman! We always marinate the chicken breasts for a little while then cook them right up. It's a great purchase! Congratulations!

Really love hamburgers on it, too. Makes it very easy!
  • mswing7674
    Options
    I have used it for chicken, turkey burgers and turkey bacon... everything comes out great on it :)
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I WANT to buy fresh organic chicken breasts but usually I end up using frozen chicken breasts that come in big bags. If you have frozen breasts on hand, before you head out for work in the morning take a breast (or two if you're cooking for two) and put it in a plastic baggie with some of your favorite salad dressing, and leave it in the refrigerator. When you get home it will be ready for the grill.

I've used Barbecue sauce and honey mustard, plain balsamic vinegar, lemon juice or orange juice... YUM!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I love mine too, this reminded me that my Mom borrowed it a few weeks ago, I need to go get it back :D
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Love my George :)

We make wraps, paninis, grilled chicken, grilled salmon, even some grilled veggies! Don't think I would have been as successful without it, honestly. For me, it basically eliminates the need to add extra fats, oils, etc.!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I bought one for my daughter as a home-warming gift - she loves it and uses it for almost everything. I've actually thought about making a purchase for myself - just haven't yet... LOL... :flowerforyou: Sounds like everyone is happy with theirs! :bigsmile:
  • nataliesaunders2470
    Options
    It does indeed! I had mine delivered to work yesterday, as soon as everyone saw what it was they started raving about what they love to cook on it; it just seems so handy for anyone, students, parents, busy workers - and it appears that everything is a lot healthier, what more c an you ask for?? I adore chicken, so I think I'll make a chicken sandwich tomorrow, perhaps with some tomato, mushroom and cheese...
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    My BF is OBSESSED with it!!!!!
  • rtrautmann
    Options
    George Foreman is my hero and makes me a nice toasty wrap or sandwich for lunch on occasion. :smooched:
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    bump
    I'm always looking for new ideas!
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey, I never thought of using my GF Grill for grilling sandwiches before! Thanks :happy:
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    how long does chicken take to cook on the GF?
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me :flowerforyou:

I totally forgot I bought one... :laugh:
  • nataliesaunders2470
    nataliesaunders2470 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    how long does chicken take to cook on the GF?

Chicken breast takes about 5 minutes. You can even cook it from frozen too, although I've not tried this yet.

Today for lunch I mixed some BBQ powder with garlic olive oil and marinaded the chicken breast, and cooked some mediterranean vegetables (cooked these in the GF too)
    To finish, I used lots of black pepper and a little salt. It was absolutely delicious, and less than 350 calories.
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    love, love, LOVE my george! we cook lots of stuff on it, but my fave is probably just a good 'ole burger! i find that it's hard to pan cook or BBQ the lean ground beef...either it doesn't end up "done" enough or it's dry and hard as a hockey puck. but not george burger!!! YUMMM-YYY!!!