Hipbones or curves?

Options

Replies

• taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I looove how hip bones look, but curvy is really sexy..I know I'm never gana be the thin thigh gap and hip bone girl, so I am happy with curvy:) as long as I lose about 10 pounds, lower my body fat, and gain some muscle I eel be extremely happy with whatever the outcome is!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm a high hip hourglass & I rather like my shape. My hip bones also stick out, so I guess I have both? But I dont really love how I look. I wanna be leaner. I'm ab 25% BF. My goal is 17%, so I got a ways to go. And I just dont give a flying flip ab a thigh gap lol I want a strong body, all my lifts being over 100lbs would b amazing. And being able to do pull ups and push ups like a beast.
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Uhh.. You do realize hip bones will like stab your man in some uncomfortable places when y'all are getting down?

lol more or less...
  • btayl506
    btayl506 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have hipbones and a thigh gap and I consider myself to have the body of a twelve yr old boy because my boobs are an A. I guess it may just be true that "the grass is greener on the other side" but I think curves are so sexy and beautiful. Curves are mature and make you look like a lovely lady, whereas being skinny(as I'm told daily) can make you look like and 11 yr old girl. Being a short and skinny teen doesn't really do much in the looking like a grown up category.

I know exactly what you mean! I also have that body type and I often get called a "bean pole" ha... not exactly the best compliment to receive! I also get mistaken for a 15 year old daily and when I tell people I am a freshman they always assume high school.. never college! I think curves are so beautiful but you just have to appreciate the body you were given! :p
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I want the body that will bench 75% body weight, squat 150% body weight and deadlifts 200% body weight,

I want this too! I can deadlift around 150% of my bodyweight, I need a lifting goal not a weight goal ;)
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My desired body type is the kind that can do a few pull-ups and run at 8 mph on a treadmill for a half an hour. Also, benching 100 lb would be cool.

^^ This!:drinker:

My ideal body is the one I feel good in, no matter the weight. The 100 lb bench I want (actually I want the 110 lb 1RM that I did in high school again). :smile:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I have really weird hip bones, they jut out a mile. But I still have a huge mommy-tummy. So I'm going to say that counts as 'curves'. So I get the best of both worlds?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    ...An hourglass figure has nothing to do with hipbones. It just means that your hip to waist difference is 9 inches or more and your bust is about the same as your hips when measured.

is that really true? ive never heard that, but cool

Yeah, it's also always bizarre to me when people don't realize you could be a 36A-26-36 and still be an hourglass; generally, an hourglass distributes fat more towards breasts/hips/bottom, but it'a really the hip/waist ratio (close to .7) that makes an hourglass... hips bigger than a 9-10 difference slides into a "pear shape," and having a bust/chest equal to hips makes the hourglass "shape."

Ultimately though, as I've said before, these were long ago indicators of "fertility," which we know today don't actually hold any more fertility... it was just outward signs to those silly outward hominids (and there's theories that breasts have gotten larger as a result of...er... changes in how homo sapiens mated, though obviously homo sapiens don't limit a position ;)) So small hips, big hips, small breasts, big breasts, femininity is subjective, as is beauty. Embrace your body and love it for the things that make it different from others, while loving it because it's YOURS, it's becoming healthy or is healthy!
  • sarahmcp3
    sarahmcp3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have an hour glass shape and normally it doesn't bother me but I'd like to have a little thinner thighs and a smaller belly. Even when I lose weight I never get twiggy, which kinda sucks because people who are naturally slim look great in anything.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I like the normal BMI curvy look. I have like 8 more pounds that I want to lose but I am also doing weighted squats to make my butt bigger. Based on your photo, your butt and boobs look like you could get a really nice hourglass if you lost some weight. I think it is definately possible for you but as you lose weight you may need to do butt and chest exercises. :flowerforyou:
  • jiggy66
    jiggy66 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I hate being an apple shape....no bust, big belly and slim hips.I want to shove my belly either to my bust or my bum ;-)

THIS!! Seriously!!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Well curves and hip bones are not mutually exclusive unless you are implying that curves = fat...which it shouldn't as hour glass has to do with bust-waist-hip ratio not weight or fat.

At any rate as much as I love hourglass curves. My body will never look like that...I can build up my butt...and try to give a more curvaceous impression but I guess I'll just have to continue to poke my man with my sticky out hip bones...

He doesn't seem to mind....and frankly neither do I.

I just want to look and feel the best that I can!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    My desired shape would be slim and fit with a fair bit of muscle. I want to be curvy in that I have as much of an hourglass as I can get - building up my legs / butt and upper body, while my fat low enough to not have lots of fat on my waist and stomach.

I also want a low enough body fat to see my muscle definition, but not too low as I'd like to remain a little soft.

Also, curves and hip bones can go together you know? Even at higher weights my hipbones show slightly, more so when lying down. At lower (still healthy) weights they show more. I just don't have much fat on my hips. It's mostly on my belly.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    my desired shape is 'good shape'. I want to be the best can be!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    To be honest I've always preferred bigger girls, not just "big", but properly fat.

Strange I know :)

I like you ...
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    When I was in shape (the look I'm trying to get back to), I had the hourglass and the bones. I've got a generous bone structure. I know, I've seen the bone scan. (Picture Wolverine with all that metal in there, it's thick)

I still have an hourglass but I call it my fat hourglass, little too much sandbagging. haha My grandmother used to call them my "Good German breeding hips" Yuck anyone?
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I like hipbones. I'm more of a "boy shape" as magazines describe anyway. Not really any curvage going on but I like my body shape :) I'd just like to lose more weight and tone up...also to eliminate the saggy post-kids belly skin :-0 Seems like it only gets worse the skinnier you get! I don't think it's possible for me to be curvy, when I gain even 5 lbs, it all goes to my hips and belly like a muffin top...not exactly sexy, haha. Some women can carry weight beautifully, I cannot.
  • TisMissyKIA
    TisMissyKIA Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Whoever agrees, please join me in a body roll!

s6vh9.gif

Agreed! Love the graphic, it made me laugh.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I have an hourglass shape. Problem is, I have a saddlebag of excess skin hanging on my stomach from having kids. So, this hourglass shape ain't so sexy. ;) lol

How the heck do we get rid of this????

According to the two cosmetic surgeons I had consultations with, we don't. :( Skin removal surgery is the only option. Sucks!