Can kettlebells get you ripped?

Options
Hi there,

Having a conversation with my mate who just sent me this - believing that this woman got this figure with ketllebells.

What do you think (or know) ?

Thanks!

kettlebellsorly_zps1ef59d9a.jpg

Replies

• jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    She could've used kettlebells but I doubt that she used kettlebells exclusively.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what method she used...that figure took a lot of hard work and dedication to obtain and maintain.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I believe you can get as swole as you want to with kettlebells excusively. But if your only goal is getting ripped, I'm not sure it's the best way to go about it. I use kettlebells regularly, but my goal is overall functional strength
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    LOL photoshop!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    diet had more to do with it i bet
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    While using kettlebells she obviously dieted and went to the tanning bed or spray salon.....Most people who compete on those type of competitions have trainers and use lots of different equipment while maintaining a very strict diet
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    That's what I thought - but I don't know much about kettlebells. I've always done dumbells / barbell work.
  • Sockimobi
    Options
    Regardless of what method she used...that figure took a lot of hard work and dedication to obtain and maintain.

That goes without saying. Not what I'm asking though.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    A specific diet gets you more ripped than one exercise or piece of equipment alone.

She most likely did use kettlebells, I'm sure they had great results for her. They may even have given her better results than when she used another piece/s of exercise equipment. They alone did not get her that body though. She would've had to at least have had a great diet / eating plan alongside that too.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Combined with an appropriate diet, you can use kettlebells for HIIT/exercise instead of running, Zumba etc so yes it is possible to get ripped (ie burn fat).

Also, to build muscle, it's possible she used very heavy kettlebells. Her muscles aren't exceptional. She has abs because she has a low BF% and her thigh muscles aren't huge like some female bodybuilders - she may have just done ****loads of Bulgarian squats holding a couple of 40kg kettlebells.
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    You know you're too obsessed by fitness when you see a woman in a very revealing bikini and you study her like a judge studies a dog in Crufts... rather than nursing a semi.
  • Sockimobi
    Options
    Combined with an appropriate diet, you can use kettlebells for HIIT/exercise instead of running, Zumba etc so yes it is possible to get ripped (ie burn fat).

Also, to build muscle, it's possible she used very heavy kettlebells. Her muscles aren't exceptional. She has abs because she has a low BF% and her thigh muscles aren't huge like some female bodybuilders - she may have just done ****loads of Bulgarian squats holding a couple of 40kg kettlebells.

Hmmmm I may have the wrong impression of kettlebells.

Appreciate this woman has a low bf%.

Who knows a good site with info on kettlebell workouts? I'm curious now. I just assumed they were a fad type thing.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    You know you're too obsessed by fitness when you see a woman in a very revealing bikini and you study her like a judge studies a dog in Crufts... rather than nursing a semi.

I did both.
  • Sockimobi
    Options

Haha - she has an amazing body though.

Yay I'm going to Crufts!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

I did both.

Multitasking FTW!
  • Sockimobi
    Options

I did both.

It would have been rude not to.
  • darrensurrey
    Options

Haha - she has an amazing body though.

Yay I'm going to Crufts!

Yes, she has a great body and she's clearly worked hard. I just spent a bit too much time examining her musculature rather than staring at her breasts.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    LOL photoshop!

That's what it looked like to me too. Her face is off
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    LOL photoshop!

That's what it looked like to me too. Her face is off
    She didn't put a tanning agent on her face.
  • ellenyates
    ellenyates Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love functional training. That is what I am after too! I use KBS!