Ladies share your beauty tips others may/may not know..

Options

Replies

• changingforthegood
    Options
    for longer, stronger nails!!

this was a ritual for my family .. native american nails is what we called it!!

You take a knife and you scrape the very most outer layer of your nails. push your cuticles back, and then take nail polish remover and rub over your nails. do this every day. and in 10 days your nails will be so much stronger, and longer. my nails NEVER break unless i hit them on something really hard.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I am in love with my Clarisonic - this plus the No 7 skincare range has given me the softest skin ever! x
  • LK0321
    LK0321 Posts: 25
    Options
    Clinique's 7 day scrub is mostly coconut oil. Jojoba oil is great on the face, very light. Asprin masks make your skin feel so amazing. It plumps your skin quite nicely. I like to make my own sugar scrubs for in the shower, just granulated sugar mixed with either olive oil or coconut oil. I like to shave first then use them, you can scent with drops of your favorite oils. Legs feel so soft after.
    I make my own pineapple enzyme masks with fresh pineapple juice from leftover core, kaolin clay, and avocado oil.

If you mix hydrogen peroxide 1 part, to 3 parts water and gargle with it at the onset of getting sick it can shorten your illness. You know when you start getting sick and your throat hurts and tastes kinda funny, gargle a few times a day. (not a beauty tip, but saw a few people opposed to peroxide in mouth)
  • vikingheart
    Options
    Face wash: 1/2 water 1/2 apple cider vinegar

Squeaky clean, no residue!

Hair mask: 2 eggs 1/3 cup olive oil

Will leave it shiny and moisturized.
  • destack
    destack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I take off my makeup with baby oil, and I use witch hazel as toner. I swear by both!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I have tons of these

Hair
    -not for everyone, but I barely ever wash my hair with shampoo. It gets rinsed with water and condition. For drier hair types this works wonders
    - Morrocan argan oil is a godsend
    -If you have dyed hair wash with cool water. The colour lasts much longer

Skin
    - Mineral foundation is excellent. I got horrible acne before I started using it and now it's all gone
    - vitamin E is great for scarring
    - toothpaste on a pimple can bring it right down and reduce redness
    - as much as I try to avoid chemicals Benozyl Peroxide zaps zits in a day
    -coconut oil is a great moisturiser

Lips
    -brush your lips with an old toothbrush before bed, then apply Vaseline or lip balm. Makes them crazy soft
    - powder foundation dusted over lipstick and topped with another coat will make it last longer

Eyes
    - there is an eyedrop brand called Clear Eyes. If you get redness it works really well
    - Gel eyeliner. Try it. You will never use liquid or pencil again
    - Vaseline is great for taming eyebrows and makes a good clear mascara

Other makeup
    - learn how to contour and buy a good brush. It makes a huge difference to your appearance
    - so does shaping your brows
    - use a primer under your foundation
    - squeeze some of your liquid foundation into the lid of the bottle. It makes a good concealer in a pinch once it has dried out a bit
    - eyeshadow + Vaseline = coloured lipgloss
    - essential oils in 'food' fragrances like orange and vanilla make a great perfume
  • riselleescudero
    Options
    i heard about using peroxide to help whitens the teeth.. i also suggest using baking powder that works too :)

for the beauty tip were using papaya soap to helps whitens dark areas
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    WAX WAX WAX. You have *kitten* hair. Everyone does. Don;t believe me? Have a look
  • danafoxx
    Options
    sometimes i make an exfoliating scrub because i have really sensitive skin and a lot of pre made exfoliants make me break out.
    i mix white sugar, honey, olive oil and water together in a small bowl and sometimes add water to thin out the sugar.
    i use it on my face and neck and legs (before shaving) in the summer and it makes my skin SO soft and shiny plus it smells really good :)
  • kathy329
    kathy329 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Where do you all buy coconut oil ?
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1/2 C white sugar
    1/2 C brown sugar
    1/2 C grapeseed oil
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

mix and store in an air tight container. Makes a fantastic body scrub and moisturizer

Also for those who wear primer under your make-up. Monistat chafing lotion is the exact same stuff and considerably cheaper!
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I swear by the beauty products in the Lacura range from Aldi - the best anti wrinkle cream in the world is from there and contains Syn-Ake which is a synthetic snake venom. it works like botox on the outside of your skin!
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Where do you all buy coconut oil ?

you can get it in most grocery stores. I bought mine at wal-mart. It was next to the olive oil. (which also works great as a hot oil treatment once a month if you heat it for about 30 seconds in the microwave. ) it was around 7 bucks. But make sure you get organic.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    im told that sex can make her glow
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Neat tricks!
  • ejbraun
    ejbraun Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bump

Definitely going to try a bunch of these :)
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Avoid wobbly liquid eyeliner by leaning your elbow on a table while you're putting it on. (This may be common knowledge, but when I learned it a few years ago it transformed the way I did my eye make-up!)
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump...great tricks
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Never, ever go to bed with your make up on. Let your skin breath and replenish during the night when the repair process is at its best. Remove makeup, specially eye make up, and apply a night cream.

Always moisturize your face in the morning with a cream/lotion with SPF 15, at least; even if your don't wear makeup.

These little tricks make sound silly but in the long run (aka when you get older, and yes, you will eventually get older), your skin will look and feel better.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Bump. Few tips I haven't tried yet/haven't done in a while.