PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    reverse-1253886001_office-no_zpsce199fd0.gif

tumblr_m96s9f7FXA1qaqk32.gif
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I too believe everything I see on TV

It's only true if I first read about on the Internet. They are not allowed to put things on the Internet or on TV that aren't true.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I too believe everything I see on TV

It's only true if I first read about on the Internet. They are not allowed to put things on the Internet or on TV that aren't true.

Bonjour
  • maryjopatricia
    maryjopatricia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    GREAT idea! good luck!!!:wink:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing these threads on juicing but would someone at least talk about using clean needles? Anyone? Please! I mean we need to be concerned about the spread of communicable diseases and no one seems to care.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    so wow it's toxins that make people fat?
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I've tried it. I kept mixing up the ratio of ingredients and putting "too much" vodka in. HA! as if there was such a thing as too much vodka. :drinker:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I just watched it a few days ago. I was shocked by the results of the documentary. I want to do it for myself, mainly to get healthy. I have health problems and I honestly don't like to eat my vegies and fruits, most just taste gross. I thought If I did this juice fast for just 1-2 weeks it would change my taste pallet and detox me and make me want to finally eat something besides meat and carbs. I just need to wait til next month when I have money to buy produce and the juicer.
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    this is really interesting as I was about to start a post about juice/water fasting... any tips for making this happen at work? and where I can get easy recipes? looking at doing a 5-6 day fast

I have a really good book called the juicing bible. I highly recommend it.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    The only problem I have with juicing is the cost. It IS expensive if you don't live in a place with a great food market. Not to mention that little drink isn't going to fill me up for as long as eating everything I put into it.

This is VERY True! Jucing organic veggies and my eating organic fruits with my juicing canbe/is SUPER expensive! Also, I've learned NOT to buy more veggies than I need for a couple of days at the max, because all of the greens and veggies take up so much room in my fridge and you need to use them almost immediately as well, if not in a day or two the veggies greens start to wilt.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    The only problem I have with juicing is the cost. It IS expensive if you don't live in a place with a great food market. Not to mention that little drink isn't going to fill me up for as long as eating everything I put into it.

This is VERY True! Jucing organic veggies and my eating organic fruits with my juicing canbe/is SUPER expensive! Also, I've learned NOT to buy more veggies than I need for a couple of days at the max, because all of the greens and veggies take up so much room in my fridge and you need to use them almost immediately as well, if not in a day or two the veggies greens start to wilt.

With most greens you can just cut the very bottom of the stems off and put them in a bowl of water. I keep them for many days like this either in the fridge or in my kitchen just so long as it's not super hot. Just change the water daily. Kale and collards are especially easy to keep fresh this way. Also works for leaf lettuces and celery.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

This is a FABULOUS idea! Thanks so much for sharing:flowerforyou:
    With most greens you can just cut the very bottom of the stems off and put them in a bowl of water. I keep them for many days like this either in the fridge or in my kitchen just so long as it's not super hot. Just change the water daily. Kale and collards are especially easy to keep fresh this way. Also works for leaf lettuces and celery.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I just finished a 30 day juice fast. Coming back to food was difficult because my body wasn't used to digesting so I was super tired for about 3 days. I am back on the horse again and feel fantastic. I exercised throughout my fast and had a lot of energy. I am still at the lowest weight I have ever been here even though I gained just a few back after the fast. Losing weight was impossible for me till the juice fast and the weight came off quickly :). I lost about 20 lbs and gained back about 5. I am very happy with that and keep juice in my daily life still. It is a great and healthy way of life as long as you are prepared to continue eating in a clean and healthy way. I gave up gluten about 2 years ago because I knew I could never keep my weight off with it in my life and it makes me tired. I feel fantastic and definitely recommend juice fasting to all who will listen. My hubby did it with me over the holidays along with a friend. It ended my year here with a bang :) Even if you don't want to drink juice, eating enough fruits and veggies is something I have noticed most people here do not do.
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Not juicing because I can't afford a juicer yet, but I do drink green smoothies for my first and last meal every day, with usually two servings of fruit and 3 servings of vegetable per .5 liter smoothie. I eat 4 or 5 other meals consisting of greek yogurt, whole grans, veggies, and lean protein, with a fatty treat here or there. I've been doing this a couple weeks now and I feel awesome. I have also lost weight, I feel more energetic and sleep less, and my skin is clearing up! I want to do a week long juice fast as soon as I can buy a juicer because I was really inspired by Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. I'm curious to see what other benefits I can reap, and am considering this my healthy build up period towards my fast!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I just finished a 30 day juice fast. Coming back to food was difficult because my body wasn't used to digesting so I was super tired for about 3 days. I am back on the horse again and feel fantastic. I exercised throughout my fast and had a lot of energy. I am still at the lowest weight I have ever been here even though I gained just a few back after the fast. Losing weight was impossible for me till the juice fast and the weight came off quickly :). I lost about 20 lbs and gained back about 5. I am very happy with that and keep juice in my daily life still. It is a great and healthy way of life as long as you are prepared to continue eating in a clean and healthy way. I gave up gluten about 2 years ago because I knew I could never keep my weight off with it in my life and it makes me tired. I feel fantastic and definitely recommend juice fasting to all who will listen. My hubby did it with me over the holidays along with a friend. It ended my year here with a bang :) Even if you don't want to drink juice, eating enough fruits and veggies is something I have noticed most people here do not do.

I agree with you about juice giving a BOOST of lots of energy. I've never been a drinker of alcohol really--but have had some in my life, and today when I had my juice, afterwards, I felt a surge of energy and a really wonderful boost that kinda reminded me of drinking somehow. I may have had a drink called bloody Mary a couple of times in my life...my juice today reminded me of that today. I added tons of stuff and it was absolutely delicious!
  • SouthGippyGirl
    SouthGippyGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love juicing. It has changed my life!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    If you want the benefits of fasting (and fasting does have some benefits, like giving your digestive system a break), just drink water. Fasting is not a good strategy for weight loss, though, for reasons that are well-known on these forums having to do with metabolic changes.
  • crystaliva
    crystaliva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love juice fasting, you can do it one day, a week or longer, so far I am up to 3 weeks and I have lost 20 lbs. Even when I am not juice fasting I juice all the time, and either add it to a meal or replace the meal. But when fasting you have to juice fresh fruits and veggies to make at least 40 oz if you want to be satisfied, and normally I make even more than that, adding water and a lemon tea (I hate tea but when you juice in the winter you get colder than usual so the heat in the tea helps). You will gain a few lbs back after the juice as your body and you get used to food, but I never gained more than 3 lbs and I kept the extra weight off when eating as I did before but watching calories a little.