DDP YOGA

Options
Anyone doing or starting DDP YOGA. I am starting it tomorrow.

Replies

• egrigsby1979
    Options
    Yes, I am and I just finished my first week back. I lost 5lbs this week and challenging myself with Phase 3 of his nutrition program. No gluten and dairy. Really this concept is similar to Primal/Paleo. Are you on teamddpyoga.com?
  • manwithpans
    manwithpans Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yep signed up over the weekend
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    It's a bit of a weird concept having a yoga teacher that yells at you to do more, but maybe that is more like the original yoga before it became Westernised? I've only seen You Tube extracts - would be interested to read a few more opinions.
  • stormy_eyez742
    stormy_eyez742 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just found this post through a search. Hopefully more folks are doing this and aren't just on teamddp...I started this program last week and LOVE IT! I had spinal fusion surgery a couple of years ago and I'm looking forward to becoming more flexible. My husband did his first workout yesterday and loves it. I think he was a bit skeptical until he actually did the workout. He was surprised by the level of workout you get without moving all over the place. lol

Anyway, we're going into Phase 1 on the eating plan. I think the recommended eating plan (no you don't have to buy anything from DDP) is the most intimidating. Especially when you've been eating a certain way all your life. However, most of us wouldn't be here or on DDP's site if we weren't ready to change our lives and the way we eat. So our family is going to take it one step at a time. We're going to eliminate gluten first and get away from so many processed things. I would and do recommend this program to everyone. There are no excuses(unless your doctor says otherwise). You don't have to have fancy running shoes, weather isn't an issue, age isn't an issue, your size/weight isn't an issue, etc..
  • Britfitnessjourney
    Britfitnessjourney Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What is DDP yoga, and is this a class?
  • InfinitePoss
    InfinitePoss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What is DDP yoga, and is this a class?

DDP Yoga is a fitness program created by former professional wrestler Diamond Dallas Page. He developed it after he suffered a pretty severe back injury during his professional wrestling days. I have been doing it for about a month and I love it!

I don't know much about Yoga but my understanding is that most of the positions he uses are traditional yoga positons but he gives them a different name and he strips out all of the spirtual stuff. In addition, there is a real emphasis on what he calls "Dynamic Resistance" which essenttially involves engaging all of your muscles through the movements to get a good cardio work-out.

Since I lost my initial twenty pounds doing Power 90, the precursor to p90x, I was a bit skeptical because there is no weight bearing resistance training but I am actually starting to see more lean muscle mass and definition. I have not really lost much in terms of new weight but this is totally because I have not really beem staying on top of my diet at all, which I need to change. You can go to DDPYOGA.com to check it out. There is a very inspirational story about Arthur Boorman and this is how I found out about DDP.
  • Britfitnessjourney
    Britfitnessjourney Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I broke my pelvis from an accident about 2 years ago, and also had spinal surgery. this sounds awesome! Thanks
  • InfinitePoss
    InfinitePoss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I broke my pelvis from an accident about 2 years ago, and also had spinal surgery. this sounds awesome! Thanks

Then you should definitely check it out. I herniated a disc in my lower back a couple of years ago and this exercise has been perfect for that. What's also kind of nice is how much DDP really emphasizes making the work outs your own and modifying things as needed. I also like the fact that because of it's low impact nature you really can do it every day if you want to, which is what I have been doing lately.
  • desertowman
    desertowman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get back into DDP Yoga and I'm adding weight training with it as well. I follow the no gluten part of the diet, but I'm sticking with my diary.
  • Foraanda
    Options
    My doctor actually recommended DDP Yoga to me. I need a low or zero impact workout. Though it is yoga, he teaches you how to get your heart rate up to burn calories. I am looking forward to starting the program :)
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My partner-in-crime and I started DDP Yoga earlier this month, and we both love it. We both admit we're lazy and hate working out, but this is something we've thoroughly enjoyed. The fact that DDP emphasizes making the workout your own and modifying if necessary helps, because the discouragement of not being able to do a movement is greatly diminished when you know you can get halfway there :smile:
  • shadiagha
    Options
    Plz kindly,can someone send me the workout schedule for ddp yoga

13 Week workout grid
    Workout Journal

Highly appreciated ..

Thanking you in advance
  • mlindsey0304
    mlindsey0304 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I emailed it to you! :) Good luck!
  • shadiagha
    Options
    Thanks a lot mlevescy
  • fat2fitb430
    fat2fitb430 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Im starting ddp yoga this week and have the videos but no work out or meal plan? could anyone help me out with that? :)
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If someone has a workout plan, that'd be great as well!! Thank you! Just started DDP today :)
  • manwithpans
    manwithpans Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well I started this post when I started DDP Yoga and now that I am done with my first 13 week grind and starting the next level I can say that it is awesome. I love it. I have lost over 80 pounds from and mixture of DDP Yoga mild cardio on the side and watching calories and I am doing phase 2 of the diet program with occasinal cheat days. starting weight 327 current weight 247. BANG :glasses:
  • Ravenfang
    Ravenfang Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing DDP yoga for about a month now and love it. I'm using that and watching what i eat and walking around while at work.. though not the diet program.

question i have is if the diet program is really worth it? or should i stick with what Im doing, since i am seeing results?
  • mfreeman1975
    Options
    I just picked up DDP Yoga at a garage sale over the weekend. There were no "instructions" with the discs. Can anyone send me the workout plan?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Sportaholic013
    Options
    Hey :) I've just started DDP yogo but don't have the workout plan or the nutrition. Could anyone send it on to me please? naomicarroll01@hotmail.com . Thank you :)