I have a COCA COLA ADDICTION!

Options

Replies

• zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    the symptoms sound like caffeine addiction, which is quiet possible drinking 8 cans per day. a lot of people have the same problem when they stop drinking coffee.
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I used to drink diet coke like that. I could drink a 12-pack a day. It's all bad for you. Regular coke is loaded with sugar which i'm sure you already know and the diet stuff is loaded with crap. It's all bad for you. I'll have one every once in a while but otherwise i just drink water.
  • CarolX99
    Options
    Coke make me feel better...it settles my stomach if I'm nauseous and helps zap those migraine headaches. I don't drink it everyday, but if I have access to it I, like, can't get enough! I'm trying to limit the quanity for now. I have quit many times, but a stomach upset or headache gets me to drink 'just one' and then i start all over again. I'm not sure when it started, but didn't really notice it until the last year or two.
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I used to be a major Coke lover too, but.....for those here that think diet is BETTER than regular Coke, that's not the case. I suggest you do your research on what Diet coke does to you. It's of course no secret that pop is bad for you. Yes, with diet you don't get the calories if that's what you're mainly worried about. But drinking Diet pop brings on a whole host of other problems that are even worse than the weight gain. If you want a good doc to watch i highly recommend "Hungry for Change".

So that being said i highly suggest keeping a pitcher of water in your fridge with things in it. My fave is limes, fresh ginger cause it's a little sweet, strawberries or cucumber that way you don't get sick of the water!!! Plus putting living foods in your water makes it alkaline :)
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    when people drank water 8 glass a day I drank coke 8 glass a day, for years. but I stopped drinking coke, replaced it by water. it's been months, now every time I drink coke, it makes me nauseated and bloated. the reason why I started drinking more water is because my lips were chapped so didn't notice any weight change but drinking water is far healthier so don't worry about it. and shanmackle is right, you will not want to drink soda of any kind or any flavored beverages other than tea.
  • Fitstephy
    Options
    getting off carbonated drinks was very easy for me But I suggested to start with only two cans a day and build from there
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Being a true Texan, Dr. Pepper was the problem for me. I could drink Dr. Pepper all day long. I quit it cold turkey, it was hard at first, but now I don't even miss it. :D
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    I'm sure that was very hard to stop. Good for you for putting your foot down and taking better care of yourself :). p.s. the other person who mentioned that diet is bad for you too was entirely correct, stick to water you will be fine :)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I puffy heart Coke..down to 1 diet a day now..I don't drink coffee and need my caffeine :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I have given up sodas pretty much...I started slow though....replacing a caffeinated soda with a non-caffeine version. But I only have one soda now....and that is a 7.5 ounce of Mountain Dew on Saturdays as a reward for sticking to my workout plans. But, I am strict with it...if I miss even one day I don't get the reward at the end of the week. One 12 ounce can of Coca Cola is 110g of calories, and if you drank up to 8 a day...that is 880 empty calories you are getting rid of. Keep up the good work! Stick to it!
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I was raised on coca-cola. My mother gave it to us for dinner, instead of milk. I grew up to drink it at every meal (yes, even breakfast), and sometimes for snacks, too. I was an extremely heavy child, and a three-hundred pound teenager. About a year and a half ago, I was diagnosed with cancer, and my doctor recommended a book to me called "Anti-Cancer: A New Way of Life". I followed the dietary recommendations in that book, in an effort to help myself recover from cancer. The coca-colas were tossed out, cold-turkey, and so was all processed foods and all junk foods. Since then, I have lost 172 pounds. That's right, I lost one-hundred-and-seventy-two pounds! Now I drink green tea all day, and eat lots of vegetables! I can't tell you how much better I feel! Dump the coke overboard, and never look back! It doesn't have a single redeeming value!
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was raised on coca-cola. My mother gave it to us for dinner, instead of milk. I grew up to drink it at every meal (yes, even breakfast), and sometimes for snacks, too. I was an extremely heavy child, and a three-hundred pound teenager. About a year and a half ago, I was diagnosed with cancer, and my doctor recommended a book to me called "Anti-Cancer: A New Way of Life". I followed the dietary recommendations in that book, in an effort to help myself recover from cancer. The coca-colas were tossed out, cold-turkey, and so was all processed foods and all junk foods. Since then, I have lost 172 pounds. That's right, I lost one-hundred-and-seventy-two pounds! Now I drink green tea all day, and eat lots of vegetables! I can't tell you how much better I feel! Dump the coke overboard, and never look back! It doesn't have a single redeeming value!

Wow that's awesome!! Good for you. It's amazing what we unwittingly put into our bodies not knowing how bad they are for us. I mean for crying out loud we're not even supposed to drink milk anymore even though our parents made us drink it before we could leave the table.....You just don't know what you don't know i guess. But if you are faced with having to fully immerse yourself in your health (like you) it's amazing what you can learn, how the body can heal and how much energy and life you gain. I don't even feel like im on a "diet" because I have no fear of gaining my almost 30 pounds back....simply because I can't unknow what I know now!!! Eye opening stuff!!!
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    so I didn't have it with coca cola but with Monster, which I believe is a worse addiction because of the high amounts of caffeine.

I don't think this is a competition to see who has it worse then who.

To OP, you're just going to have to get ahold of yourself and if you really want to stop, stop. There is an easy solution--quit buying the crap. The only thing you're going to get as far as "withdrawal symptoms" is being moody and having some headaches for a few days, but eventually they will pass. I stopped cold turkey with it and I rarely ever drink pop now, I feel better drinking water. I'm not trying to come off as unsympathetic, but I'm not going to sugarcoat it ya know. When you're already getting a certain amount of calories from food, and then you add like 500+ from drinks..? That is just a no-go with weight-loss. Wishing you the best of luck.
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I was able to quit by first substituted with black coffee and turbinado. Then I worked at eliminating coffee from my diet.
  • Livewire13
    Livewire13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    any carbonated drink is fulil of empy calories and should be something we all stay away from. Lemon water or plain water is the way to go. Starting putting cucumeber in my water... any other ideas out there for drinking more water?
  • chavaaguirre
    chavaaguirre Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Buy club soda, I usually squeeze half a lime on it, with lots of ice! is so refreshing!
  • Lizzyhwhearts
    Lizzyhwhearts Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm really glad you brought this up.

I'm ADDICTED to Dr Pepper, I drink at least 4 litres a day (no joke) I've recently cut down but Id love to quit as 4 litres is pretty excessive. I know I could switch to diet but I want to stop with the fizzy drinks as I'm starting to get issues with my teeth and I always feel bloated. The thought of water doesn't excite me :/ any tips on how to quit? Last time I went cold turkey I got headaches for 4 days and the headaches got so bad I gave in. I drink hot tea to replace some of the caffeine but it doesn't touch the sides, any help or ideas?

Thankyou for making me feel like I'm not the only one with this addiction

Xxx
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i had to drink a bottle of water an hour after my kidneystone surgery.
    and basically when you've had nothing but water constantly for 2 weeks and that's all you can have,it looses its taste..
    but i have gone back to coke.. but, i DONT keep it in the house anymore..
    i NEVER drank water.. i drank coke like it wasnt nothing,no tellin how many calories i consumed drinking it.
    Oh girl, trust me i know its hard to kick! ESPECIALLY ROUTE 44 CHERRY COKES from sonic<3
    but, by me not making it avalivalible to myself, i cant drink it.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    coca cola zero?!!!!!!!!1
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Migraines are probably because of caffeine withdrawal. You could take caffine tablets. If you dislike water then you can buy some of those zero cal water flavourings to make it taste better.