keep cheating? what do i do?

Options
2»

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Open your diary. Your friends are here to help. Its going to suck doing it, but once you let people in, its freeing.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have found that keeping my hands busy with knitting really prevents me from wanting to snack because I can't eat and knit at the same time! :)

We also tend to eat dinner later than I would prefer (from what I grew up with) based on my partner's work schedule.

If I think I'm hungry at night, I will first have a glass of water and wait 15 minutes. If that doesn't do it, even if I'm over my calories for the day, I can have any non-starchy vegetable I want, or 1 serving of fruit.

If I still think I'm hungry after that, I can have a (one) piece of string cheese or a serving of almonds. I have a hard time hitting my protein intake most days.

And if I STILL think after that, its time to go to bed, because I'm probably just "mouth" hungry and not "belly" hungry.

I also find that having "desert" type teas (vanilla, carob, licorice, etc) have been helpful in replacing my nightly hot chocolate ritual. Just as satisfying, but less sugar before bed.

There have been some days where I didn't eat enough vegetables (translate: had two doughnuts for lunch) and "ran out" of calories because I also didn't do much physical activity. A couple of those days I decided to let myself "go to bed hungry" because I had already had all the calories I needed for the day. Mind you, I wasn't RAVENOUSLY starving. It didn't seem to hurt, and in fact seems to have reminded me that I *don't* need to have a bedtime snack all the time.

This has been a difficult transition for me. I needed to take medication for an illness for a while that wreaked havoc on my appetite, especially carb cravings, and especially at night. It's nice to see that I've gotten some new skills under my belt.