Period regained after anorexia. What does it mean?!

Options
13»

Replies

• DuhhMuffin
    Options
    OP, I know people here sound like they're being hard on you, but we really just care about your health and well-being.

Good job for wanting to be healthy! But I also think you should see a doctor, as his or her opinions and suggestions would be far better than ours c: Seriously, though, great job!

Thank you very much for the refreshing positivity! And I know I should and I am working on finding one.

I really hope you don't think we're being negative here. Many of us are just being very real; it's just not healthy for someone so young, in early stages of recovery, to be here, especially if there's no professional, "real person" help. Focus the time you'd spend on here trying to find someone to help! It's the best decision you'll make.

I hope my post didn't make you think they were being negative, OP. You just seemed like you were getting a little defensive ^___^
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the replies and really as a single guy I know very little about the topic but just dropped in to congratulate you on your success. From what I hear it is a tough demon to beat.

From my understanding, a period is a very natural thing so you gaining something that is natural to young women (judging by your profile pic) is signs of getting better health I think

As for losing fat and gaining muscle, since you're recovering, you might want to consult a physician or a nutritionist however in my opinion, eat atleast 1200 calories and workout hard. Weight lifting is awesome for gaining some muscle but you can do many other workouts too including body weights (pushups etc)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    It's her upping of calories and a sufficient energy availability, not body fat percentage, which caused her period to return.
This discussion has been closed.