5 Pounds A Month March 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all who lost their 5 lbs this month. Kudos to all. I'm slowing down. Need a jump start. Anybody go cables?
    Actually I'll weigh in tomorrow and see. I'm only expecting a pound though. I keep counting and chugging away, but my weight seems to be evening out right now. Maybe a surprise is in for me in the morn. I need to lose about 3 lbs for March challenge. I need to see 137 on the scales tomorrow.
    Jacque
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Terri,
    I agree with you. Any loss is a loss and even a week that you stay the same it good news because you are not gaining. Everyone has done great this week if you ask me. I miss Jenn. Have you heard from her? I hope she is o.k. I
    I am with you, in that I am not quitting until I get to my goal weight. NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES. But I am happy with the support that I have received so far and I find that the weekly check in keeps me on track. It's great and I am so happy that I found this group. Thanks for starting it up.

Megan, I am proud of you. Hang in there and just keep logging in all your food and exercise. Little by little you will see the progress. `I am sure next week you will see the 190"s!! I'm cheering for you. GO MEGAN GO !!

Jacque, will you report your weight soon? I hope you see 137! I'd be so happy to see that number too but for today 145 was a happy moment. I don't exercise on Friday and so when I finished my totals of the day it was only around 950. I need to eat more but I have already gone over in CARBs. Don't really feel hungry cause I ate a peanut butter sandwich for dinner and a tangerine. I might just go to bed and start again tomorrow. The big run is on Saturday again so I will have lots of calories to eat tomorrow.

I ate Thai food last night at a party we were invited to so I was glad not to see a gain. I heard that Thai food is high in sodium so I tried to drink plenty of water. We also had ice cream and fresh strawberries for dessert and I can not pass up ICE CREAM. so I had a small scoop and lots of strawberries!! I don't buy ice cream though because it is too hard for me to stay away from.

So we have a few more days in March to meet the goal! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE:flowerforyou: Phyllis
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    March 5th 207.3
    March 12th 206.4
    March 19th 204.3
    March 26th 203.9
    Well a loss is a loss however little! -.4 :)
    I am down 3.4 on the month.
    MAYBE I can get another 1 lbs in by the end! wish me luck!:laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So the weather eased up and I went and helped my Dad's 68 year old significant other with 3 hours of gardening. Then we went for a Thai lunch for my Dad's 88th birthday today. (he looks and acts much younger) so tonight I need a drink or five :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and lots and lots of water for all the sodium I had today. Well, tomorrow is a new day. Have a great weekend everyone. :ohwell:
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Way to go everybody, Terri - you're absolutely right about everything you posted, especially "no loss = no gain"
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all who lost their 5 lbs this month. Kudos to all. I'm slowing down. Need a jump start. Anybody go cables?
    Actually I'll weigh in tomorrow and see. I'm only expecting a pound though. I keep counting and chugging away, but my weight seems to be evening out right now. Maybe a surprise is in for me in the morn. I need to lose about 3 lbs for March challenge. I need to see 137 on the scales tomorrow.
    Jacque

I hear the closer you get to your goal weight the slower it comes off! Its also because as you get smaller it gets a little harder to burn calories. Just keep working it at it and you will do great!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Saturday morning and I feel like it is way to early to get up but the dog decided otherwise. I plan to take the day off from exercise today. I need to run some errands. I am going to go to Famous Footwear and buy a pair of Reebok Easytones. I need to replace my walking shoes because they probably have close to 1000 miles on them (I wear them almost every day for work and for walking). My feet are starting to hurt which is new so time to try new shoes. I know most people say they are pricey, but I have had foot trouble in the past and am willing to splurge to keep my feet healthy.

Have a great Saturday.

Be Healthy!

Terri
  • kalmf
    Options
    Terri, I love my Shape Ups, I wear them everyday too. Hope you found what you wanted.

I'm off to mulch my butt off.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • phyljen
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I have had a good Saturday. I did my jog this morning and then went to school and did some work even though it is the week end and Spring break. It is kind of nice to be there without KIDS!
    My husband wanted me to go look at furniture in Cairo so we took a drive down town and parked the car and started to walk around looking for this particular furniture store. We finally found it and it took a while to walk there so I got in more exercise tonight too.

Tomorrow I am going to an amusement part with my daughter and a little boy that she tutors. She promised to take him during the Spring break so I am tagging along. It is nothing like Disneyland but I can pretent!

Hope you all have a good day and have fun shoe shopping Terri! I probably should buy a new pair too when I visit the states in the summer. Mine are getting well used.

Phyllis:laugh:
  • kalmf
    Options
    Two and a half solid hours of wheelbarrowing!!!!

I'm fried but feel great.
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, spring is in the air. Albeir a little cool here. I'll be getting out to do yard work tomorrow.
    Thanks Terri and Phyllis for the kind words of encouragement. Maybe I can make my 5 lb. goal for March. I do have a couple of days yet.
    Phyllis, furniture shopping. How fun. Any your hubby suggested it? Wonderful. I drag my hubby along looking for a new floor lamp. It's a tedious process since I am picky and not all stores are accessible for him. Sometimes he sits in the car and I go in a take pics with the cell phone and send them out to him. It's a riot, but it works. He's so easy.
    Having a blonde moment here, but I forgot who was going shoe shopping. Was it Terri? Anyway, I love to shop for new shoes. Can I come. I've liked Spira and New Balance. Lately I've been shopping Endless.com for my shoes. They have a big huge selection, and I go mostly by the reviews before I buy. The best part is shipping is 2 day free. And if you need to return, still free. Check them out. My daughter got my tuned in to them. Competitive prices.
    Sorry didn't mean to advertise....I just get excited about good buys.
    Well, here's to the rest of March and on to April. :wink:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Kim, thanks a million.

My son came home, and today was a good day - a really, really good day.

Glad to hear it!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I have had a good Saturday. I did my jog this morning and then went to school and did some work even though it is the week end and Spring break. It is kind of nice to be there without KIDS!
    My husband wanted me to go look at furniture in Cairo so we took a drive down town and parked the car and started to walk around looking for this particular furniture store. We finally found it and it took a while to walk there so I got in more exercise tonight too.

Tomorrow I am going to an amusement part with my daughter and a little boy that she tutors. She promised to take him during the Spring break so I am tagging along. It is nothing like Disneyland but I can pretent!

Hope you all have a good day and have fun shoe shopping Terri! I probably should buy a new pair too when I visit the states in the summer. Mine are getting well used.

Phyllis:laugh:
    Phyllis, have so much fun at the amusement partk today! Sounds like you had one of your inspiring runs on Saturyday! Good job, I am so envious! Enjoy vacation!
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Yay. The scale was good to me today. I am sooo relieved. It had been sticking still for a couple weeks.

So I started this challenge at 174, and now 168.9

Just about exactly 5 pounds, and a few days left to keep it there. Phew! Its my first solid 10 so it's a good day today.

Thanks everyone for the support , and for this challenge!!!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Yay. The scale was good to me today. I am sooo relieved. It had been sticking still for a couple weeks.

So I started this challenge at 174, and now 168.9

Just about exactly 5 pounds, and a few days left to keep it there. Phew! Its my first solid 10 so it's a good day today.

Thanks everyone for the support , and for this challenge!!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: So awesome for you! Losing feels so good. Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    So I ran out of time yesterday to get to the store but I got there today. I tried on some shirts. I actually tried on some mediums and they fit except for the boobs I don't think I have lost anything there. I have bought smaller band sizes but had to get a bigger cup:noway: :noway: I did score big time on my Reebok Easytones. They actually had them at Kohls. They were on sale for $79.99. That was $20 less than the store I was planning to buy them at and I had a 20% off coupon. I bought 9 headbands and neck warmer and my shoes and spent $83. I was patting myself on the back. I came home and put on my new shoes and walked 1 hour on the treadmill. Time will tell if they actually do anything different than other walking shoes.

3 days till our final weigh-in. Its the final push to make our goals. I was hoping for 170 but will be happy with 175. My downfall will be next weekend at my parents house. Easter means lots of treats and home cooking. My mom makes an awesome cinnamon roll. We are taking the kids there Wednesday after work. 2.5 hours to their house and then turning around and driving back because I have to work Thursday and Friday and my husband has to work Thursday. It will be a long day!

For now relaxing with a glass of cabernet or maybe 2. Time to watch the Simpsons with the kids.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Terri
  • kalmf
    Options
    I am so completely sore from lifting stuff today - it's fantastic! Terri, I'm glad your shopping spree worked out so well. I need to go grab a glass of wine and a bag of epsom salts.

You know, my goal was 129, and I think I'll end up at 130-131, but I think I'm okay with it. I feel like, with your guys support I'm really learning to just eat like a "normal" person.

By the way, did anyone see Jamie Oliver's show this weekend (Food revolution) I made my white flour/tomato sauce/cheese teenager watch it. i could have been wrong, but I thought I actually saw him thinking about it. You never know.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    So I ran out of time yesterday to get to the store but I got there today. I tried on some shirts. I actually tried on some mediums and they fit except for the boobs I don't think I have lost anything there. I have bought smaller band sizes but had to get a bigger cup:noway: :noway: I did score big time on my Reebok Easytones. They actually had them at Kohls. They were on sale for $79.99. That was $20 less than the store I was planning to buy them at and I had a 20% off coupon. I bought 9 headbands and neck warmer and my shoes and spent $83. I was patting myself on the back. I came home and put on my new shoes and walked 1 hour on the treadmill. Time will tell if they actually do anything different than other walking shoes.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Terri

Yeah, Terri!!! What a success. I am going to Kohl's today to buy the shoes...I was lucky enough to pull a 30% off coupon...so excited!!!!:drinker:

I am also going to take my bike in for maintenance so that I can ride my bike and run errands in the neighborhood

I don' think I am actually going to lose any weight this month d/t the trip and all...so hard when they are delivering free cocktails everywhere you go...plus, eating out for nearly two weeks pretty much sabotages all the effort put in.

So, I am starting fresh today...have groceries and no booze in the house...should be a lot better
  • phyljen
    Options
    Jane - Congratulation on the 5 pounds lost already this month! You are on the way down, down down. Don't you just love the feeling? Glad that you joined the group and feel the support.:flowerforyou:

Ireed - we did have a fun time at the amusement park. Actually ended up going today instead of yesterday. The little boy that we took happened to know the owner of the park since his mom's brother married the owners daughter so he let us in FREE! Can't beat that price! We rode a bunch of rides and played some of those games and ended up getting lots of tokens or prize tickets so this little boy got stuffed animals and gifts for his mom and grandma. I packed a lunch to take with us so didn't end up eating any junk food. Got home and had about an hour, ( just enough time to shower and get re dressed) and then went out to a HS musical OLIVER. It was fun. Just got home now and it is about 10:30. I'm about ready to drop off to sleep.:yawn:

Terri - WAY COOL shopping spree! I LOVE KHOLs! Must say I am way jealous that you get to go shopping there. I go in the summer and buy cart loads full of clothes to bring back here with me. Then they send me discount coupons all year and my mom uses them. They send them to my moms address since that is the one I use when I am in the states. So she lucks out on those coupons. I don't mind though, just glad that some one can use them. I am so going to hit KHOLS when I get to the states this summer. :wink:

Kim - Good on you getting those groceries stocked up and NO booze. You are on your way to a successful week. When I don't have healthy food in the house it is so easy to just grab anything and then I feel bad after I swallow! Healthy food makes me feel so much better. It is amazing that I have been eating junk for so long and thinking it was o.k.! :ohwell:

Karin, - Didn't see Jamie Oliver show and don't even know who he is. I know you probably think i am out of it. Sometimes I feel I live in outer space! But he show did sound interesting. You say funny things about your teenager! I bet you have a good relationship with him. Glad you are fine with 130 0r 131. I would personally be thrilled to see 130! You must be tiny, tiny, tiny! And all that lifting. You must be strong strong strong too.:smile:

and Jacque - HI hope all is going well with you today too. How is IDAHO? :bigsmile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I hope you had good weekends. I am feeling a little bit out of it today. I was up a little weight wise and I a sure it is hormones. (its hard to tell anymore with menopause coming on) I am glad that I made my 5 pound goal for the month. I am just going to focus on not gaining anything back for the next few days. I am also really stressed about the Unemployment thing that congress didn't finalize before they recessed. I cannot survive without the unemployment compensation. You would think an intelligent MBA in finance with years of experience could get a job but things are tough out there. Any way. trying to keep my chin up.