Any mamma's of young children out there?

Options
13»

Replies

• tawnyaosborne
    tawnyaosborne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 4 boys 4, 5, 5 and 8. I'd love to connect and stay motivated.
  • Rsmiley07
    Rsmiley07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi this is my 1st day on MFP and I have a 7mth old and a 4 yr old...I am motivated to use MFP so I can lose weight before my wedding May 2013. Currently I am 170lbs and I need to get to 145Lbs by begging of may
  • erylie
    erylie Posts: 34
    Options
    I am still in the process (almost 17 months later) of adopting 3 young children... they were 3yrs 3 months, 22 months, and 3 months... now they are 4 1/2, 3, and 19 months... It is hard but a couple of "suggestions"...

1. routine... whatever works for you, keep the same plan... whether it's first thing in the morning, or during naptime, or right after work, or after they go to bed... for me, I get home first and TRY to make myself work out right away, because I have a little time before I have to make dinner for the family

2. 30 day shred is AWESOME... when I am able to consistently do it it 3-4 times a week I see me getting "smaller" immidiately... might not be the fastest number drop, but, I like the way I look very quick, and feel great after too!

3. Much more important is watching what I eat, more then working out... both are important, but, watching the "intake" is super crucial especially with little kids and not having a TON of time to work out... the calories just "stay on me" if I'm not careful :-)
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have two .... my daughter will be 4 next month and my son is 2.5. To say they keep me busy is an understatement! I'm a SAHM although rarely home between pre-school, playdates, errands, etc.....

I never thought I'd ever be able to fit excercise into my routine, but with the support of my husband, I am able to get myself to the gym 6 days/week, and 2 of those days I work out with a trainer. I've lost nearly 60lbs since last January and have totally turned my eating habits around.
  • hamilton040
    hamilton040 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know how u feel I have 4 kids youngest being 9months. It's hard to get motivated but if u set reachable goals it makes it seem a lot easier, feel free to add me :) good luck
  • daydreee
    daydreee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I am a Stay at home momma with a almost 2yr old. I'm starting over on this I got off track in November and never got back on the wagon. I'm eating no more than 1475K and I'm beginning the 30 day shred again and walking for at least an hour when possible. I really need to loose this weight. I have about 80-90lbs I need to work off.
  • MTjessi_marie
    Options
    Thanks mamma!
  • JessWolf1002
    JessWolf1002 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kiddos, my girl is almost 2 and my boy is 6. It's definitely hard but doable. I also work full time and go to school. On the days when I really just cannot get up at 5 am to work out, I do 2 mini workouts. I do a high intensity 15 minute workout before I get in the shower and then another 15 minutes before I get ready for bed. I take the weekends to prep and meal plan and workout longer and harder if my week was particularly busy. Good luck and add me if you'd like!
  • AprilLBradley
    AprilLBradley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Me! I am a mom to 4... 11 year old, 5 year old, 4 year old and a very active 20 month old little boy, and I work full time also! I know how crazy it can be!
  • kristinhills90
    kristinhills90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've got a 5 year old, 3 year old and 3 month old. I've been a member of MFP for over a year but got pregnant with my youngest and had to stop for awhile so I'm on 'day 4' of my lifestyle change. Feel free to add me!
  • ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    First off...I am super excited to see all the mums of 3,4 and more kids! Bigger families aren't so unusual anymore!
    I'm mum to 5...ages 10, 8, 7,3 and 3. I am making a recommitment to getting fit like I was btwn my 3rd and 4th/5th kids.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Man...stay-at-home-dada's don't get to have any fun.
    Off to try and explain this to my 22-month-old Son wihle cursing my Y chromosome...
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I do the exact same thing early morning when my 2 year old is sleeping lol... otherwise he climbs on my back during push ups or sits on my stomach during crunches.
    I have a 4 year old girl and a 1 year old boy :) I found the 30 day shred great (didn't actually finish it) but because it is only a 20 minute workout, I could fit it in when my little boy had his nap also had time left for a shower :) x
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi Iam stay at home homeschool mom of 6 kids ages 11, 9, 6,4,3,2, so i could use some motivation too feel free to add me any of you !
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a young at heart 38yo mom of three sons; a 22 year old firefighter, a 6 year old first grader and a 2 1/2 year old busy button! I am also a full time college student and companion to my husband Jason. I have really put it on the last couple of years- 40lbs in 2 years. I'm so bummed whenever I look in the mirror. I have become horribly self conscious and I'm suffering from a lot of back/hip/joint pain. I really want to lose about 60-80lbs, but honestly I would be happy with 20 at this point. I can just imagine how much better I would feel. So, today is my first day here- I have heard good reviews. Nice to meet you. Good luck!
    Anyone is welcome to add me.

Holy crow this sounds like me! I gained exactly 40 lbs. Not sure of the time frame but, quick. I am almost 39 and am a mother to an almost 21 year old man and 4 year old girl. Nice to meet you. I have had it with myself and know exactly where you are coming from. I have been avoiding going anywhere for fear someone will see me and jaw drop. Not going to dwell on it though. Moving on and will get fit for me. Feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated. I work full time but usually check in at night to log my food and keep myself going by listening to others going through same experiences.
  • jconnolly528
    Options
    You can friend me! I also have 2 little girls, 3 and 9 months =)