What's for dinner tonight?

Options
It's Monday morning and I'm about a week late getting on the New Year's band wagon. I know planning helps me a lot. I am wondering...what's for dinner? photos, recipes, etc would be awesome, if you have them. Doesn't have to be tonight's meal, can just be a favorite too. Have a great day!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Baked macaroni and cheese and a big side salad. YUM! It also demonstrates that the "everything in moderation" mantra works, so long as you measure out portions!
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Monday is always soup and salad here..tonight the soup is "baked potato soup" from skinnytaste.com
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/02/baked-potato-soup.html?m=1

Nobody but me knows it has cauliflower!
  • sally414
    Options
    Monday is tikka masala at my house! We use chicken and add peas, and sometimes paneer.

I only use a half cup of rice with mine, though!

Cup of grapes for dessert.
  • kelfhouse
    Options
    We tried meatless Mondays for awhile and it went well. Need to go back to it! Good luck I love the website emilybites.com and skinnytaste.com
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Big salad with chickpeas and olive oil. Same as always. lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Steak, rice and green beans.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • oneder080
    oneder080 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
  • salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Tonight it's chicken korma from the Hairy Dieters cook book. Only 294 calories per portion.

http://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/chicken-korma/1615
  • LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    http://www.marthastewart.com/904229/pasta-fresh-tomato-sauce This is what I am cooking for dinner. It is so yummy and healthy and easy to make. I add grilled chicken to it cause my husband likes to have his meat with it.
  • Annabel89
    Annabel89 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    https://sites.google.com/a/aglugofoil.com/a-glug-of-oil/linguine-with-prawns-chorizo-sun-dried-tomatoes-and-chilli

This!! It's ridiculously yummy. I scrap the oil and just use the chorizo oil to fry in, and then think about portion control :)
  • SophinMaine
    SophinMaine Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Tonight?
    Artichokes, steamed, with balsamic vinaigrette
    Pork loin cooked with red peppers, mushrooms and saffron
    Basmati rice or spaghetti (we'll see what the majority wants).

Dinner HAS to be easy and yummy if I'm going to cook it ;)
  • tbarnard02
    tbarnard02 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love skinny taste. So many great recipes and low in calories. I like the Santa Fe Chicken and the Parm Chicken recipes the best!!!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Chicken and sausage gumbo. Hubby made it from scratch so I don't have a recipe, but it is delish.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Pulled pork(made in the crockpot) quesadilla's.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    stir fry with quorn chicken n a wee drop of soya sauce !
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Was meant to be homemade Quorn cottage pie with veg, but now it's cod rogan balti from M&S as it needs to be eaten!! I'll have it with tenderstem broccoli, and Greek yoghurt for dessert.
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    beefy lentil vegetable soup from allrecipes.com :) My favorite go to soup. Plus a spinach salad with chicken grilled (just a tiny bit) on top.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Pasta with Spicy Sausage, Baby Spinach and Creamy Butternut Sauce
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 5 • Size: 1 1/4 cups • Old Points: 7 pts • Points+: 9
    Calories: 362 • Fat: 8 g • Carb: 55 g • Fiber: 5 g • Protein: 20 g • Sugar: 1 g
    Sodium: 419 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

11 oz (4 links) spicy chicken Italian sausage
    1 lb butternut squash, peeled and diced
    1 tbsp light butter
    10 oz casarecce, or pasta of your choice
    1/4 cup shallots, minced
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
    2 tbsp fresh shaved parmesan cheese
    4 sage leaves, sliced thin
    kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add butternut squash and cook until soft. Remove squash with a slotted spoon and place in a blender, blend until smooth.

Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions for al dente, reserving at least 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.

Meanwhile, in a large deep non-stick skillet, sauté sausage over medium heat until browned, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks. When cooked through, set aside on a plate.

Reduce heat to medium-low and melt the butter, sauté the shallots and garlic until soft and golden, about 5 - 6 minutes. Add pureed butternut squash, season with with salt and fresh cracked pepper and add a little of the reserved pasta water (I used about 1 cup) to thin out the sauce to your liking. Add baby spinach and stir in parmesan cheese and sage.

Toss in cooked pasta and sausage and mix until well coated.

Serve with additional parmesan cheese on the side if desired.

Makes about 6 cups.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options

I made this last week and it was amazing!! Also got the seal of approval from the boyfriend (it's not easy!).
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I plan most of our meals ahead of time so I'm not doing multiple trips to the grocery store. So excited for dinner today! I'm making chicken and black bean stuffed poblano peppers and white rice with peas, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno. Can't wait!