I'm Starting Over... Seeking new friends...

Options
13»

Replies

• queeenb2013
    queeenb2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    my names Gemma I am 20 years old weighing 16stone im the one never to give up and have loads of confidence. im fed up of being the size I am I have tried everything I have been on several diets so im starting agen n never gunna give up.
  • hurley109
    Options
    I just switched to MFP the other day after using Livestrong for two years. I have been on a journey to become healthy since 2004 by taking small steps (first step: switched to skim milk). Since then I've lost 30+ lbs, finished four half marathons, and am generally a happier and healthier person.

Being healthy is a lifestyle change for sure. I love food, so something that has helped motivate me lately is trying to make my favorite recipes healthier and discovering new healthy recipes. It's become a challenge that I really love. The good news is that as you start to cut down on the bad stuff, salt, sugar, etc., your taste buds change and something that would taste good to you before, will not taste as good to you anymore.

My best advice:

-Track what you eat, and be realistic about it! I overestimate what I have eaten and underestimate what I've burned. You're only hurting yourself if you're fudging the numbers to make it look like you are under your goal for the day (a mistake I made early on). I bought a food scale this past year and it is wonderful!

-If it's not in the house, you can't eat it. Go to the grocery store after a satisfying meal, don't buy what you will regret eating later, and make a grocery list so you don't get distracted by the good stuff at the end of the aisles. I heard that if you shop the perimeter of the store, you will avoid the processed foods. It's true, produce, meat, and dairy are all on the perimeters, so if you can limit your trips down the aisles, you're already making an improvement. Having your household members support you on your nutrition goals is essential.

-Find a local friend/family member to get you to workout and then pay it forward by being a motivator for someone else.

-Be patient - It took a long time to put it on, but it will take even longer to take it off. Your taste buds will change, you'll see changes in the mirror, you'll get into a routine. It just takes time.

-Have a "cheat" day each week - Nothing overboard, but a day to eat something you really like. I love pizza; I hit the gym hard on Sunday and then share a light cheese, thin crust pizza.

-Set a fitness goal. For me it was a half marathon in 2011; five months after running my first mile in 10+ years, I finished my first half marathon. Any sort of physical event that I have participated in is a wonderful, supportive atmosphere and gives you an incredible sense of accomplishment. I sign up for half marathons each year to give me goals to hit throughout the year and keep me motivated to train. If I can do a half marathon, ANYONE can do a half marathon. Seriously. My gym teacher in high school told me he had a grandma who could run faster than me. Actually, I picture his face every time I cross a finish line. He didn't know it then, but his comment has been a great motivation for me, ha!

If I can help anyone, I would certainly love to! My husband was my motivator and now I am trying to "pay it forward" by doing the same for my friends and family.

Amber from OH
  • Deeptisingh
    Deeptisingh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am starting over again...I think this might be my 7-10 time I have lost count. I have been with Weight watcher and I lost the first time but then they changed the plan and I didn't loose a lb in a year. So I quit the program and I am here as I have been using the app for some time.
    To be honest I have not been consistent in the weight loss plan. Many times I have fallen down for no reason and many times that I wasn't seeing any results. I am a Yoga Guru and also teach cooking classes.. I have too many classes and I feel tiered and do not put myself first when it comes to workouts, walks and many time my own practice of Yoga!! I have done that for 26 years I am flexible but I am fat.

I intend to loose at least 50 lbs if not more. I am sitting at 187 lbs after breakfast this morning :sad: .I need to go down as soon as I can. I need friends who motivate me not put me down. Most of my weight gain has come after my Post-Partum 7 years ago and I haven't been able to get it off.:mad:

Oh by the way I am a born vegetarian. I do not use any kind of animal body part. I do use milk products and honey. I do use eggs for my kids that are guaranteed sterile.

Please add me to your friend list and
  • Deeptisingh
    Deeptisingh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to mention I am from Chicago and I am 42 years old mom of two. 15- 8.
  • itsSEBRINA
    Options
    Hiiiii everyone!! I'm Sebrina---23 years young---from the New Orleans, Louisiana areaa!! The food here makes it terribly hard to maintain a healthy weight; however, I am trying!! I've been to the gym pretty consistently.. I wish I had a workout partner though; the gym would be sooo much more entertaining that way!!!

Also--some of my co-workers and I have been doing THE OMA CHALLENGE, which I came across on Instagram from one of my sorority sisters!! I've lost a few inches in my waist the first time I did it!! Try it out if you like.

The Oma Challenge (Jan 2nd-Feb. 2nd)

8 cups of water per day
    7 servings of fruit and veggies per day
    6 days per week get 8 hours of sleep
    5 days of working out per week
    4 non-food “treats” (do something rewarding: buy a new outfit, get a massage, mani/pedi, etc.)
    3 days of heavy weight lifting or body weight lifting per week (Including in the 5 workouts of the week)
    2 15 minutes walks per day (walking at work, walking a dog, walking in place, etc.)
    1 journal entry of the food and beverages consumed and exercise done (if applicable) each day
    0 “white” grains or starches; includes white bread, white potato, white pasta, white rice, white sugar, etc.
  • photogal375
    photogal375 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Sara, 37 yrs. Still needing to lose 50+. Feel free to add me. I'd luv to help encourage you all on this amazing life change! :wink:
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Started on MFP November 2011 and did pretty good for a few months. Got down to 96.5 kilo from 108. Then I started to get lax...but was able to mantain for months. But at some point I realized I was gaining back the weight I'd fought so hard to lose.

So I started at 101 kilo this time. Just logged my first .5 kilo drop, and aim to keep on track!

And support is so crucial...so feel free to add me. (just include a little msg)
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    I too am starting over...after a couple of years of being lazy and unmotivated. It is nice to see that so many of us have come back to what we know works...and that we haven't lost the desire to improve our health and our lives.

I could sure use some friends to help keep me on track...feel free to add me.

I just turned 50 yrs old. I am from Saskatchewan Canada, and am hoping to lose approx 70 lbs
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been here since Jan 2010 and I just added you. I am in OA, and at one point I had lost 40 lbs on here but as you can see from my current ticker that much of that came back plus I never got to where I wanted to go on my journey with weight loss. I think I did not do well in 2012 but feel I am back to losing weight.

I also try to do daily hill walking as it seems to burn cals like nothing else.
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request. I am always happy to add friends. I love seeing the motivating posts from others and I do my best to motivate as well. This is a journey to heathy new you and you are so worth it. Anyone can feel free to add me.