Is this website for American people?

Options

Replies

• roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    ITS FOR EVERYONE BUT I DONT KNOW IF OTHER COUNTRIES HAVE INTERNET, IVE HEARD THEYRE ALL COMMIES
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site, hoping for inspiration...having a browse around it, I can see that its full of lovely American people...is there no one from the UK on here, am I in the wrong place and lost? Not that mind talking/chatting to anyone regardless but it would be nice to hook up with like minded people struggling with weight/dieting from near to me too.

Loads of UK and Irish on here
  • BrokenBarbiexoxo
    BrokenBarbiexoxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I am from the USA but have a goodly number on friends on here from the UK. It seems to be a good mix of the two and a few other countries thrown in for good measure.
  • IndyMario
    IndyMario Posts: 236
    Options
    We are really trying to keep the foreigners to a minimum on the site.
    We've discovered that non-American people tend to make Americans feel fatter, and we're already suffering from low self-esteem as it is. For your convenience, we've placed exits on both sides and the back of the theater. Thank you for Flying American Airlines.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    uhhhh NOPE uk'er here too! :bigsmile:

wiltshire farmer Giles at your service....anyone seen my tracor???? lol oh ar! :wink:
  • Ashleyyyb93
    Options
    It's an American site...You can tell by the spelling of particular words and the way the date is shown....

But...there are lots of English/Australian people here!! And people from many other countries!!

:) Most of my friends are American but I have friends from the UK and other countries too :D x x
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    UK here, Luton. Support is support though regardless of location, some of my biggest inspirations on here are from across the Atlantic while my best friend on here is 4500 miles away in Colorado.
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It's completely full of UKers too, I'm from southwest so feel free to add me and I have a load of UK friends.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I think the only sort-of xenophobic limitation is that forum posts are required to be in the English language. Non-English forum posts are removed by moderators . . . which obviously isn't so much an issue for NZ, AU, UK, etc.
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    UK, Cheshire here, feel free to add me, and anyone else if you want
  • missymuffet
    missymuffet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Lots of UK and European people too! :D But we Americans don't bite ha ha and when it comes to losing weight.........people are people.

Welcome to MFP!! Feel free to add me! ;)
  • jpenningtonuk
    Options
    I'm from Manchester UK
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request, most on my list are active and from UK
  • princesselle1
    princesselle1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm from uk!!
  • beckarini
    beckarini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi from Bristol :)
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    ... hi from sunny South Africa :)
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Sheffield, UK here! Feel free to add me x
  • mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am in the US and have lots of friends on here that are in the US also... I think this is for anyone in almost any area.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    There's people all over the place here! Sure, there's a lot of us Americans around, but there's plenty of other folks, too. I've got Irish people, English people, Canadians, Aussies and I think one New Zealander on my friends list. :)