Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have lots of UK and AU friends! Keep looking :wink:
  • Paul_Loader
    Paul_Loader Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yup to UK on site....Bristol calling!! viva la South West. Pop by and say hello some time
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Lots of UK people here, me being one of them. Also have friends on here from all over the place! Australian, Canadian, German, French... :-)
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Belfast here.
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    there are loads of UK and other countries here i have a few on my support group you can add me if you wish i'll also be happy to cheer for you on your journey (sorry i'm not a UK'er) :flowerforyou:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    We are really trying to keep the foreigners to a minimum on the site.
    We've discovered that non-American people tend to make Americans feel fatter, and we're already suffering from low self-esteem as it is. For your convenience, we've placed exits on both side and the back of the theater. Thank you for Flying American Airlines.

Ha ha! And this is why, despite being a Brit, I have loads of American friends on MFP - love the sense of humour!

I really don't notice much where my friends are from - all being in the same boat and having the same goals really does bring it home to you that people are pretty much the same the world over.

The food database also has just about every British brand and supermarket too, which really makes logging easy.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm from Canada. If you go to "Find Members" and search your postal code or area code or whatever it is in the UK, then use the drop down menu to give the distance of 25 miles, you should find a LOT of people around you. :heart: :drinker: CHEERS!!

Oh and I know what you mean about wanting some people on here around from where you are - I even started my own local city group because I'd like to meet people in person who have like mindedness as most of my friends aren't on the "health" train and I need to change that to overall better my life [as those people bring me down with saying things like "oh but you're fine the way you are, your not fat your just big boned] so you can see where those problems come in. Hahaha THANK god for this site!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU! *feel free to add me for support - I'm online every day!* :heart:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    uhhhh NOPE uk'er here too! :bigsmile:

wiltshire farmer Giles at your service....anyone seen my tracor???? lol oh ar! :wink:

Oh dear, going to have Combine Harvester by The Wurzels going round in my head all day now!!!
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    UK here. North Wales, feel free to add me.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am from Canada (west coast) and I have MFP friends from the US, Australia and Great Britain. As I write this, I am having my morning coffee and checking out my Australian buddy's diary...she has finished her day completely. One of my English friends is back from an 80 minute walk. Another has completed her aerobics class. I am feeling v-e-e-e-r-y slow here.:tongue:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I have MFP friends from all over the world....but I am from the US.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am from Canada (west coast) and I have MFP friends from the US, Australia and Great Britain. As I write this, I am having my morning coffee and checking out my Australian buddy's diary...she has finished her da y completely. One of my English friends is back from an 80 minute walk. Another has completed her aerobics class. I am feeling ve-e-e-ry slow here.:tongue:

Hey! I am from Vancouver Island! WOOHOO BRITISH COLUMBIANS!! :heart:
  • BettyBlueEyes
    BettyBlueEyes Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in London, feel free to add me! Lots of people from the UK (as you'll see from the number of Tesco/Sainsbury's foods), but yes, a lot of US people here too.
    Kate
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have several UK friends and a couple from elsewhere. If you send me a friend request I'll happily point out to you which ones they are :).
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am from Canada (west coast) and I have MFP friends from the US, Australia and Great Britain. As I write this, I am having my morning coffee and checking out my Australian buddy's diary...she has finished her da y completely. One of my English friends is back from an 80 minute walk. Another has completed her aerobics class. I am feeling ve-e-e-ry slow here.:tongue:

Hey! I am from Vancouver Island! WOOHOO BRITISH COLUMBIANS!! :heart:

I am on the mainland now but was in Fanny Bay till 2009. Heading back for a visit in a week or so. I miss the island.
  • jackielyn077
    Options
    Hello all! Trying something different: Eating healthy and exercise regularly. Building a better lifestyle and a new group of friends. Please feel free to add me :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Probably about 15% of my friends are UK; I usually don't find out until after I've accepted the friend request and once you get them they're like barnacles.

(Kidding with the last bit. Plenty of brits and scots etc here.)

......"they're like barnacles" ...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • homechillin
    homechillin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nope,English here,getting fantastic support from friends overseas..
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    uhhhh NOPE uk'er here too! :bigsmile:

wiltshire farmer Giles at your service....anyone seen my tracor???? lol oh ar! :wink:

Oh dear, going to have Combine Harvester by The Wurzels going round in my head all day now!!!

I drove my tractor through your hay stack last night
    (ooh aah ooh aah)
    I threw me pitchfork at your dog to keep quiet
    ( ooh aah ooh aah)
    Now somethings telling me
    That you're avoiding me
    Come on now darlin you've got something i need

Cuz I got a brand new combine harvester
    An I'll give you the key
    Come on now lets get together in perfect harmony
    I got twenty acres
    An' you got forty three
    Now I got a brand new combine harvester
    An' I'll give you the key.

:laugh:
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Im from the Uk, I have plenty of 'local' friends on here...Hunt around a bit and you will find them all! Theres a Uk group too :) Fell free to add me!