Biggest Loser - Would you if you could

krash999
krash999 Posts: 476 Member
My question is would you participate on the show the Biggest Loser if you could?

Replies

• justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    no because one, i'm not big enough
    and two, it would be really embarrassing for millions to see me sweating, crying, panting, etc
    and 3, i want to lose weight on my own, i don't need to be on a show to do it.
  • mrmrsgumby
    mrmrsgumby Posts: 3 Member
    Would love to! My knees limit my mobility a lot so don't see it happening. Would be hard choice between Bob and Jillian. Love Jillian's in your face attitude but Bob seems to have more compassion!
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    NO. First, no way my work (or any place I've worked for that matter) would give that much time off. Second, no way in hell I let the whole world watch me deal with any emotional baggage they may uncover. And 3, I hear the camera would put that 30 lbs I lost right back on.....that scares me
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Yes.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    I met a chick at my gym last year who tried out with her husband. They went through a LONG process of auditions, and in the end they lost out to another couple who ended up on the show (she claimed the other couple was more "dramatic' for the producers).

Even at my heaviest, I probably wouldn't have qualified, but I can't imagine any greater motivation than to be doing it in front of the whole world to see!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    No. I could not take that much time off work, I am not baring my fat and my emotions for the whole world to see, and Jillian Michaels would make me cry like a little girl. I will just keep doing this my way!!
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    No, I'm a very private & shy person. I wouldn't want my life to be shown on TV for millions to see.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Even though I wouldnt qualify I would love it! Any chance for bob or jillian to kick my *kitten* would be totally worth it! PLus the ranch looks like a pretty awesome place!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    no there wouldnt be enough money in the world for me to wear spandex shorts on tv lol
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    I would in a New York Minute!! I would LOVE the intensity and isolation!
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    No thanks!

Would love to have Jillian as a personal trainer (and not just via DVD), but I don't want to air my personal baggage for all the world to see and judge!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    probably not....im annoyed by crying
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    No, but Dolvett could work me out anytime. :wink:
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    I got through the 1st stages of interviews for the UK version 2 years ago but they said my ''sports background'' was not good for the show and unfair on the other contestants (I played Rugby League at a high level) but when I was messed about and had to get a real job thats when my weight gain crept on gradually leaving me at 23.7stone, around 330lbs, so I now think the show thrives on exposing peoples weaknesses more than helping them lose weight

*obviously its tv and they go on ratings but still, I was in the same boat as all them other people wanting to be on the show and was turned down because I played Rugby once upon a time ago.

Im glad I didnt though, I was in a desperate and lonely place at the time, I wouldnt even consider it now, I will stop editing this now lol
  • I really wanted to at one point but then the contestants just kept getting bigger and bigger and I felt like I wouldn't be able to get on the show. But now I would not want to subject myself to that. Being in a sports bra for millions to see? No thanks lol
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    As much as I love Jillian, Bob and Dolvett, I think I'd rather just do what's working for me without them yelling in my face. lol
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Not a prayer. But I wouldn't mind spending a week or two at their resort if I could afford it. (http://www.biggestloserresort.com/)
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    No way. But I love watching it!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Nope, I couldn't take that much time off of work and be away from my family that long. That, and I definitely don't want my emotional baggage aired on television for the world to see. No thank you!
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    I definitely would if I could. I'm technically not eligible for the show, but it would be nice to have someone push me to the next level and get me down to my goal weight. I've been struggling with my last 20ish pounds for 2-3 years & it would be nice to get it off once and for all versus bouncing back and forth.