Cute hair for the gym

Options
My hair is long enough for a decent ponytail, but I have longer sideswept fringe. SO annoying when they get in my face (or when I wear a headband-tickle my ears.

How do you pin back your fringe when you're running etc

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Usually with the sweat that builds up on my head. It sticks it right back, haha. Seriously, I stopped caring about cute hair and am concentrating on rocking body now.

I'm growing my hair back out now from being bald, so I look completely awful in the gym or when I'm running. If I'm in a particularly self-conscious mood, I throw on a ball cap.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Why not use a headband???:smile:
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    Braid the front ala lauren conrad:

lauren_conrad300.jpeg

or just use some pins to pin it back.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I put on a bandana. I'd do a headband, but they're too tight and give me a headache. When my hair was really long, I pulled it into a bun and used the bandana.

I don't care about cute. I'm going to get very sweaty and then wash it when I'm done, anyway.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I either rock a cute hat, a bandana, or I sometimes braid the front...I really dont care if it looks that cute as I am there to workout not attract others! plus the hat puts me incognito so I can workout not socialize!
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    Hey I figure I already look scary enough whilst huffing and puffing around the gym. The least I can do is keep my fringe out of my sweat

Love the braid idea. Will try later
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Just get a butch cut.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I gave up on cute a long time ago (I work out at home or run outside), but I've twisted my bangs and pinned them to the side, kind of like LC's braid, but easier.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

My sweat works like hair gel basically, keeps it all slicked down.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Cute hair at the gym? I've never heard of it.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

My sweat works like hair gel basically, keeps it all slicked down.
    yup this is what I find as well. No worries.
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have a tight Bun and then pin the fringe back in a mini quif type style. The tight bun stop it dropping and smacking my in my face mid huff!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I either pin it back with snap clips or wear my ultra cool pink and black zebra bandana. Awww yeah. :)
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Braid the front ala lauren conrad:

lauren_conrad300.jpeg

or just use some pins to pin it back.

I'm sorry . . . am I supposed to be looking at her hair?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    When I first started running I cut all my hair off.

Failing that, kirby grip it out your face and get on with it.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, and, for some reason (I must have a weird-shaped head, too), hair bands won't stay on when I am running.

I usually do 2 pony tails (a little one closer to the front, on top of my head, to hold the bangs, which then goes into a regular one in the back) or I use snap clips (not barrettes/kind of like a paper clip for hair) just to hold my bangs.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    One word... "Mohawk"

You're welcome..
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Is this question serious?

Generally, when I'm busting my hump and working up a sweat, I give not one single crap about how my hair looks.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Just two bobby pins criss-crossed. Either pull bangs to one side, or draw them straight back. They stay!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Cute hair for the gym? What? You are going to be sweating and perhaps getting some serious swass (sweaty *kitten*) and you are worried about your hair? Ugh. Go get a fckn hairband.
    What's next, makeup?!

Why are you so angry? She said it's annoying how it gets in her face, and needs a fix. Who cares if she wants it to look cute?