Grr! I am so mad at myself!

Options

Replies

• JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    eat better. youre a grownup.

agreed.

24 years old with four kids and one on the way. and with diabetes.

how many more reasons do you need to take care of yourself?

I'm 25. And married. Yes, I already have 4 kids. What exactly does that have to do with this topic?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Excuse me?! Rude comments are not needed.

That was the best advice you were going to get here, OP.

Really? Something that I already know?

What would you rather hear?
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    Also, gestational diabetes.

Since you've been diagnosed earlier in life, and now you're "manufacturing a human being inside you" as someone so eloquently put it, you should know better than to be eating like crap.

You can't get gestational diabetes when you're already diabetic. And yes, I do know better. But "knowing better" doesn't make it any easier to ignore cravings. And again... if you have no advice or anything positive to contribute, don't bother.

You didn't really want advice, did you? You wanted commiseration and a pat on the head saying "there, there... it'll be okay". Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. I take back my (helpful) comments.

Are you PMSing or something? Please... just move along. Bashing people does not HELP them. So if you (or anyone else) just want to make rude comments then why bother saying anything at all?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

agreed.

I'm 25. And married. Yes, I already have 4 kids. What exactly does that have to do with this topic?

you tell me.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

It was rather blunt, but true. Stop thinking of this as a diet. It's a lifestyle change.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

If you already know it, and refuse to do it, even for the health of your child, then no one can help either of you, congratulations on refusing to do what you know is right for a healthy child.

If that beautful soul inside of you isnt enough to get you to do the right thing, then nothing is.

you have pointed out very clearly that what you want to eat is simply more of a priority.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

agreed.

Ummm reread your question and then tell us. Doh!
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    In all the time that I have been a member of this site, I don't think I've ever felt attacked like this. I was looking for advice and encouragement... not rude and comments that are not helpful in the least. If you are going to be rude, don't waste your time replying.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Nobody attacked you, OP. You came in here looking for something in particular and when you didn't get it, you got angry and started calling people rude.

Best of luck with your pregnancy.
  • AbbyLynne2246
    Options
    Quote: In all the time that I have been a member of this site, I don't think I've ever felt attacked like this. I was looking for advice and encouragement... not rude and comments that are not helpful in the least. If you are going to be rude, don't waste your time replying.

I agree. You all have a problem with your weight.

That's why you are here.

She knows she has a problem, that is why she is here.

This is the Motivation and SUPPORT forum! She wants some positive support not a holier than thou *****y attitude.
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options

agreed.

his point is you have 4 reasons to be taking care of yourself, and another reason on the way.
    what do you want people to say here? youre asking for advice, to what, not eat crap? there is only one person who can help you with that.. yes you are knocked up, yes you are hungry. thats pretty normal. the only advice you seem to be seeking is how to not eat crap.
    here is some advice on that
    1) dont have crap in your house to eat
    2) if you can't not go out and get it, dont carry money, dont have a card you can swipe
    3) tell the people around you that you really want to have ___ as a goal and want them to help you meet it
    4) tell yourself everyday what your goal is and how you will try and achieve that goal
    5) always have good foods around that you CAN eat
    6) dont stress it so much - you are having a baby -- eat the best you can, forget and dont beat yourself up over times you didn't meet your goal.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Yup, it's a really simple solution. You just need to change your behavior. Easier said than done perhaps, but what more do you want to hear? This isn't rocket science. If you want it bad enough, you'll learn to control yourself.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    In all the time that I have been a member of this site, I don't think I've ever felt attacked like this. I was looking for advice and encouragement... not rude and comments that are not helpful in the least. If you are going to be rude, don't waste your time replying.

no one is attacking you.

maybe we're just telling you things you need to hear and telling it to you bluntly.

stop being a sensitive little angel, and start getting fit for your family and for your sake.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

agreed.

Yeah, what on earth does your family of little ones have to do with you behaving like a grown wife and mother and leading by example. It's totally fine if all five of them grow up eating crap, giving into all their cravings, treating their body badly while pregnant and getting diabetes. Cause their mom showed them that this was acceptable.

No one is here is attacking you, you are choosing to read it as an attack.

The truth is, you are mad at yourself because you lack the willpower to make good decisions even when your children are watching and you are growing another inside of you. And instead of realizing that you are right to be mad at yourself, and we are trying to help you see why its bad - you prefer to stomp your feet and go all teenager mode.

Good luck in life with this attitude. I see great things in your future.
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    Quote: In all the time that I have been a member of this site, I don't think I've ever felt attacked like this. I was looking for advice and encouragement... not rude and comments that are not helpful in the least. If you are going to be rude, don't waste your time replying.

I agree. You all have a problem with your weight.

That's why you are here.

She knows she has a problem, that is why she is here.

This is the Motivation and SUPPORT forum! She wants some positive support not a holier than thou *****y attitude.

Thank you!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    hahajha... I have been T1 diabetic for 28 years and why did u grab chocolate chips? KAY, welcome and this place rocks and i'm obsessed.......
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    <snip to>

Motivation comes from within. We're not supporting her bad behavior, we're encouraging her to just do what she needs to do. Again, not rocket science. Most people know what to do, they just can't find a good enough reason to 'just do it.' We can't supply that reason, that comes from within. Although, being around to watch four + kids grow up are some very good reasons.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Welp, if you already know, then why are you asking? People aren't going to tell you what you want to hear, they are going to tell you what they think if you ask them. *shrug*