46 pounds lost and LOTS of muscle gained *pics*

Options
So my first pic on the left was about 13 months postpartum. My daughter was 13 months old and I was so sick of being fat, overweight mom. Pregnancy did me ZERO favors. I hadn't exercised in years, even prior to getting pregnant I never really stuck with anything. I started exercising in March 2012, when I took that first picture on the left, and haven't looked back. It's been about 10 months of working out and using MFP for dieting and portion control and WOW what a difference almost a year makes. I can't wait to see what I look like as the year continues on. I strive to always look better then my current pic and get leaner and meaner. You can do it too! Just stick with it, we all have our bad days, but then you pick back up and you move on.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Replies

• ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    You my friend are amazing and I'm proud to have you on my friends list :bigsmile: You're so encouraging!
  • xjanetx123
    xjanetx123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    the difference is astounding!! well done x
  • kimimila86
    Options
    Stunning! Great work! Did you stick with a specific program?
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You look Fabulous!!! And check out those guns!!! :love:
  • lesliaskew
    Options
    O.M.G.!!!
    You look fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many times a week do you exercise? and kind of exercize do you do?????

You look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yes so very amazing!!! How did you do it? Wow very impressive!!!! Congrats
  • Wendy140
    Options
    Impressive. You inspired me to keep with my plan today. :flowerforyou:
  • pebblesbuddy
    pebblesbuddy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started with 30 day shred (baby steps people, 25 minutes was a lot for me back then lmao) and maybe going for a mile walk, some days I did both, some I did none, some I only did one. I started off working out 5-6x a week. I also used MFP to watch my calories. Then I did insanity. I scaled that back and did it about 4x a week and would jog anywhere from 1-3 miles, again sometimes I would do both in one day, sometimes I would just jog or just do insanity. Then I did P90X (I actually didn't follow the calendar for this like I did for Insanity, I just did whatever exercises I felt like doing on the DVD). I did that about 2x a week, plus jogging (usually 5k's) and Zumba 1x a week. It got to the point in October I was doing WAYYY too much Cardio and I wanted real weight training. I checked out Crossfit in November and I am hooked. HOOKED. I go to crossfit 2x a week, Zumba 1x a week and I do jogging/p90x/whatever else I can fit in maybe 1-2x a week. I hope as I gain more muscle that I can go to crossfit more often but all I can handle right now is 2x a week (I never EVER knew you could be as sore as you could be doing crossfit). I also eat a lot better and make a lot of healthy flavorful recipes (skinnytaste.com rocks my world). I think the main thing is I have stuck with it. Sure I have had my bad days but I never let bad days turn into bad weeks or bad months and then found myself being lazy again. I have stuck with it the past 10 months and the results are astounding. I have only been doing crossfit for a little over a month and a half but I know just from this alone I will be gaining a crazy amount of muscle. Am I the fastest? Nope. In fact a lot of times I am one of the last people done in my cross fit class. But I don't let that bother me. I see it as a challenge and strive to be faster, get stronger and hopefully be one of the faster ones in the class. It's been a crazy 10 months and I hope to continue to get leaner and meaner. You can do it too!
  • slimforparis
    slimforparis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look great and you are a total inspiration to a newbie like me. Thanks for sharing your pics.
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    You look INCREDIBLE!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Shoulders are well defined. Nice.
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Great work,, can't wait for my pic to join yours :)
  • jillakd
    jillakd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    how many carbs do you eat per day?you look amazing!
  • emmad2
    emmad2 Posts: 59
    Options
    WOW!!!!! You look fantastic!!!! Well done you - your truly inspirational :-) xx
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Looking good! keep it up :smile:
  • Karintjie
    Karintjie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you look great! well done :D
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I started with 30 day shred (baby steps people, 25 minutes was a lot for me back then lmao) and maybe going for a mile walk, some days I did both, some I did none, some I only did one. I started off working out 5-6x a week. I also used MFP to watch my calories. Then I did insanity. I scaled that back and did it about 4x a week and would jog anywhere from 1-3 miles, again sometimes I would do both in one day, sometimes I would just jog or just do insanity. Then I did P90X (I actually didn't follow the calendar for this like I did for Insanity, I just did whatever exercises I felt like doing on the DVD). I did that about 2x a week, plus jogging (usually 5k's) and Zumba 1x a week. It got to the point in October I was doing WAYYY too much Cardio and I wanted real weight training. I checked out Crossfit in November and I am hooked. HOOKED. I go to crossfit 2x a week, Zumba 1x a week and I do jogging/p90x/whatever else I can fit in maybe 1-2x a week. I hope as I gain more muscle that I can go to crossfit more often but all I can handle right now is 2x a week (I never EVER knew you could be as sore as you could be doing crossfit). I also eat a lot better and make a lot of healthy flavorful recipes (skinnytaste.com rocks my world). I think the main thing is I have stuck with it. Sure I have had my bad days but I never let bad days turn into bad weeks or bad months and then found myself being lazy again. I have stuck with it the past 10 months and the results are astounding. I have only been doing crossfit for a little over a month and a half but I know just from this alone I will be gaining a crazy amount of muscle. Am I the fastest? Nope. In fact a lot of times I am one of the last people done in my cross fit class. But I don't let that bother me. I see it as a challenge and strive to be faster, get stronger and hopefully be one of the faster ones in the class. It's been a crazy 10 months and I hope to continue to get leaner and meaner. You can do it too!

U r wonderfull & thanx for being so generous to share ur journey & tips & tricks with us GOOD LUCK
  • pebblesbuddy
    pebblesbuddy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I don't really look at carbs but it varies. It says my goal with 1360 calories a day is 186 carbs per day. If I exercise, let's say I do crossfit and I burned 1300 calorie,s my goal went up to 365. I hope this helps. For dinner I usually try and eat a protein and a veg and eat my carbs during the day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!