Alli?

Options
Has anyone tried Alli along with MFP? I know it has some "undesirable" side effects, but I eat a low fat diet, so hopefully those side effects wouldn't hit me. Anyway, has anyone had a positive experience with it? I'm wondering if it really does help to lose more weight. Thanks!!

Replies

• lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it....anal leakage doesn't appeal to me at all! lol
  • mpeace1406
    mpeace1406 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it....anal leakage doesn't appeal to me at all! lol

LMAO me neither.... That's why I am a bit leery hahaha
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're doing pretty well without it.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're doing pretty well without it.

Yeah, 66lbs without a pill and now you want to take something?

Another member referred to it as "dieting by fear" one time. I can't think of a better definition.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just as an FYI, low-fat diets have been proven to be the least effective. And in all reality, fat is very healthy for you.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    if you eat a low fat diet then why bother? It would do nothing for you except waste your money
  • mpeace1406
    Options
    Yea, I am definitely going to keep doing what I'm doing. Just wondering if it helps boost the losses :)
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Just as an FYI, low-fat diets have been proven to be the least effective. And in all reality, fat is very healthy for you.

^This! And because of what you have already posted, I am sure you know that there is NO magic pill or quick/quicker fix!
  • WendyFlynn
    WendyFlynn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi

I understand why you have asked this question. I too eat mainly low fat and have lost 72lbs but I still wonder if Alli would help, or XLS medical (fat binding pill), which seems to suggest for every 1lb I lose I could be losing 2 more!

I once knew someone who tried Alli and basically the fear factor of having to be close to the loo made them come off the tablets pretty quick.

Fortunately, I DID find MFP and this is the only thing that has kept me on track, counting calories in and calories out.

You are doing great without the pills but I just wanted to say I understand why you have asked the question.

Oh and btw, I eat at least 3 very high fat meals per week so that's why I decided against Alli. I know I can do it without tablets.... and I think you can too x
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well anything that causes ANAL LEAKAGE is nothing I want to voluntarily sign up for. But even their commercials say you'll only lose like 1/2-1 lb more than if you didn't have grease dripping out your backside. So totally not worth it.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'd rather the odd slip up means am extra week before my goal weight than I sh!$ my pants in public.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Alli along with MFP? I know it has some "undesirable" side effects, but I eat a low fat diet, so hopefully those side effects wouldn't hit me. Anyway, has anyone had a positive experience with it? I'm wondering if it really does help to lose more weight. Thanks!!
    So Alli absorbs fat...............................even good fat. So now you have to take in good fat because Alli takes it away. Without fat you don't burn fat. Fat is essential.

Hope that helps. Dump it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mpeace1406
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I am going to hold off :)
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Low fat and no side effects my *kitten*. I tried it out of desperation and after having a fruit salad I was leaking some weird oily discharge for 2 days and all because of A FRUIT SALAD!!! The average weight lost is 4lbs in 12 weeks so whats the point of all that embarassment?
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    ALLI WORKS GREAT!! THE FAT LITERALLY MELTS AND DRIPS RIGHT OUT OF YOU!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It helps with losses, for sure. Of bowel control. Which is kind of awesome.

I've been thinking about taking it with my husband and then having sh!tsplosion contests to see who can wreck their pants the fastest.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I prefer to be able to trust my farts.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You've lost 66 pounds. I think you know what you're doing.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    33025990.jpg
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    33025990.jpg

There is nothing more beautiful than seeing the most recent post: "Alli?" by PoopSnacker.