Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Percy jackson series ... kinda like harry potter with Greek gods
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    wheel of time! re-read lotr...or His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman.

i'm about to read tesla, man out of time.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Elder Races Series by Thea Harrison. The first is Dragon Lord. Paranormal romance. Compelling characters. Good plots. Fun reading.

If you've never read it, Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children Series) by Jean Auel. Amazing read. The later books not as good.

thanks for the thread. I've been needing new titles to put on my Nook.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    50 Shades of Grey.

Goddammit Tyler.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    The Fever Series - AWESOME!!!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I love the "In Death" series by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts). It's a little bit sci-fi (set in future), and a little bit romance but mostly crime drama
    http://jdrobb.com/PDF/Chronological List of In Death Series.pdf

The southern vampire series mentioned above (aka Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris) is also good but if you watch True Blood, it can get confusing because the books and show have absolutely nothing to do with each other. The first couple books are sort of along the same story line but they go in very different directions after that.
    http://www.charlaineharris.com/bibliography/bibliog-sookie.html

The Gretchen/Archie series by Chelsea Cain is pretty amazing too. It's a bit icky in spots but if you've ever read Stephen King or Dean Koontz, they're not any worse than those kinds of books.
    http://www.chelseacain.com/
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Anything by David Sedaris, Chuck Palhinuik, or Augusten Burroughs.

*not series, but awesome nonetheless
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    The "Dexter" book series is pretty good too!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Janet Evanovich starts with One For The Money and there are about 15 or so after that. Funny, easy read...great for a cruise!!

Do it! I read all of them in 3 weeks!!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games Trilogy

yup
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    The Fever Series - AWESOME!!!!!

Also awesome and the 3rd book comes out next month. Holla!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series I started this series in the middle, then went back & read it from the start.

James Patterson's Alex Cross Series I read these books while waiting for the next Stephanie Plum book to come out.

Robert B. Parker's Jesse Stone Series I started this series last month & love it!!
  • amandazylstra
    amandazylstra Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, The most amazing books I've ever read. Have re-read them all. you won't be able to put it down. Just thinking about it makes me want to re-read.
  • elleru
    elleru Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Aspiring_Inferno
    Options
    I'm about to go on a 3 night bahamas cruise, and should be getting a Kindle Fire in the mail anyday... Any suggestions of a good book series to put on it for the trip?

Ummmm... why are you reading on a cruise in the first place? Shouldn't you be gettin your groove on? Dancing, drinking, etc.? Save the books for riding a train or a plain. Go work on your tan, and have fun meeting people you're never gonna see again. :)
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Elder Races Series by Thea Harrison. The first is Dragon Lord. Paranormal romance. Compelling characters. Good plots. Fun reading.

If you've never read it, Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children Series) by Jean Auel. Amazing read. The later books not as good.

thanks for the thread. I've been needing new titles to put on my Nook.

I love, Love Dragon Bound! (Elder Races by Thea Harrison) Sooooo good!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options
    I'm about to go on a 3 night bahamas cruise, and should be getting a Kindle Fire in the mail anyday... Any suggestions of a good book series to put on it for the trip?

Ummmm... why are you reading on a cruise in the first place? Shouldn't you be gettin your groove on? Dancing, drinking, etc.? Save the books for riding a train or a plain. Go work on your tan, and have fun meeting people you're never gonna see again. :)

Maybe she wants to read by the pool? That's what I do on vacation. I have my drink next to me and a good book in front of me while working on my tan :glasses:
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

^That all sounds like a lot of work and effort.

I'd be by the pool, drunk, reading a book the entire time :)
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options

^That all sounds like a lot of work and effort.

I'd be by the pool, drunk, reading a book the entire time :)

I want to be your friend :laugh: