How do you deal with comments on your loss?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    "Thank you," works for me.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I say, "thank you."
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I tend to not believe them and just tell them "you're kidding, right?" lately though I've been saying Thank you when someone tells me I lost some weight lol
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I find that much of the time, after someone compliments and I say " yes, I have, thank you" or whatever my line is, they go on to ask how I feel now, (energy-wise, confidence-wise, pride-wise, I guess) and I think that means so much more than a comment on my physical appearance.

What you're doing is amazing! Take, and appreciate, the compliment, and keep it up!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I say thank you and quite often end up discussing ways for that person to make healthier choices. I love to encourage people and if my loss helps them want to make changes in their lives, I'm all over that.

I would never take that as an insult and don't find it rude or awkward in the slightest and like someone else said, it helps me keep perspective on days when I'm feeling fat and don't see the difference.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I swear at them and punch them in the neck.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I love when people comment on it, it's really hard trying to lose the weight and I never feel like I look any different so hearing that it is being noticed by others makes me really happy!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I love it, it makes me feel good. I always say thanks. The only time it was super awkward was when a woman I work with commented on it and started asking me a bunch of questions in the break room surrounded by a bunch of guys i didn't know. I gave her a quick response and walked away but later went back and talked to her more, i just said "sorry I was a bit short before you caught me off guard there."
  • Rrrroxy777
    Options
    I'm the same. I don't mind it a tiny bit in the beginning, because it obviously proves my hardwork is paying off, but never am sure what to say and get all awkward and change the subject. I don't need to be reminded how fat I have let myself get and told that I look so much BETTER now... Thanks for telling me I looked **** before. :-/ lol.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I flash a smile, say thank you, and strike a pose.
  • cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I say "I Know Right!!" then put my hands on my waist and do a model spin and walk... lol... its super fun and we end up laughing lol
  • luvScott
    luvScott Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love it when people notice! I don't think it's rude to comment on weight loss at ALL. I don't think anyone in the history of the world has ever intended it to be a mean thing when they ask if someone has lost weight.

I have to disagree with that. I went through a period where I lost about 30 pounds a few years ago and I got a lot of "Have you lost weight? Don't lose any more, you look like you're dying." This was when I was 135 pounds. Hardly starving. I also had other people tell me I looked good. By the end of the day I was exhausted and confused by all the people who wanted to talk about my weight. It all made me very uncomfortable.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have never told anyone that I am in the process of getting healthier. The comments started coming at around -40 pounds. The first one was "Are you losing weight?" My reply, "I am trying to, thanks for noticing". I am still getting comments daily, especially from people I don't see every day. I like the acknowledgement, but, don't really like to talk about it. I don't really like it when people say I am getting so skinny, because I am not skinny, far from it. I will never be skinny.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    I just say an honest thank you.
  • Vassyness
    Options
    say 'oh great, thanks, i've been wishing to trim down, that genie paid off'.
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I say THANK YOU! I'm proud of every pound I loose and every person who notices.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Just say "THANKS!"
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I swear at them and punch them in the neck.

^This. Or I say thank you and then proceed to babble on at length about how hard it was, how my parents and wife were totally against me, how fast food kept attacking me and forcing me to eat it, how the metabolism fairies were set against me, and how much I wish people were nicer . . .

Seriously, smile and say "thank you" and leave it at that.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I say "I Know Right!!" then put my hands on my waist and do a model spin and walk... lol... its super fun and we end up laughing lol

:heart: :heart: :heart: I love it.