My 1 year anniversary!!!! 93 pounds GONE.

Options
Exactly a year ago today, I decided enough was enough. I was 23 years old and overweight my entire life. On January 7th, 2012, I set out to complete what seemed like an impossible task--to lose weight and make fitness/health a priority in my life. Though it has been challenging, it has easily been the best decision I have ever made and I have never looked back. I don't often post in the forums but I wanted to share my excitement over today being my 1 year anniversary of changing my lifestyle and losing weight! I have much more energy now and feel that my health has improved drastically. I am not finished yet but am happy with the progress so far. I am really thankful for all of my MFP friends and this process would be SO much harder without them--thank you guys! <3 Here are a couple of photos from my journey.

Height: 5'2"

Starting weight: 244.4 lbs

Current weight: 151.4 lbs

Goal weight: 120 lbs

At my heaviest, 244.4 lbs--

weightloss1.jpg

weightloss2.jpg

At around 180 lbs--

weightloss4.jpg

Currently, around 152 lbs--

me_2013_zpsfa95e3b7.jpg

I always welcome new MFP friends, so feel free to add me :)

Replies

• fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!! I'm 5'2 also and your success is very inspiring!
  • makahamama
    makahamama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing!!! Keep up the good work :):happy:
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    awesome job, so excited for you. I started similar to yours my loss just has not been as high yet. congratulation you look amazing!
  • gaston095
    Options
    wow, nice archivement :D
  • tiffanyjane71
    tiffanyjane71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Becca you look amazing congratulations, im from Australia and it takes me a bit to convert the pounds to KG . What an achievement i bet you are so pround and excited. Im 5ft 3inch so its inspiring to see some else my height with success.
  • tutti777
    Options
    Exactly a year ago today, I decided enough was enough. I was 23 years old and overweight my entire life. On January 7th, 2012, I set out to complete what seemed like an impossible task--to lose weight and make fitness/health a priority in my life. Though it has been challenging, it has easily been the best decision I have ever made and I have never looked back. I don't often post in the forums but I wanted to share my excitement over today being my 1 year anniversary of changing my lifestyle and losing weight! I have much more energy now and feel that my health has improved drastically. I am not finished yet but am happy with the progress so far. I am really thankful for all of my MFP friends and this process would be SO much harder without them--thank you guys! <3 Here are a couple of photos from my journey.

weightloss1.jpg

weightloss2.jpg

At around 180 lbs--

weightloss4.jpg

me_2013_zpsfa95e3b7.jpg

• babydaisy83
    babydaisy83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great work you look awesome
  • sb1219
    sb1219 Posts: 6
    Options
    You look wonderful. I'm so happy for you. One year and 93 pounds that's awesome.
  • tutti777
    Options
    Wow! Simply amazing! You look fabulous. Congratulations! I am 5' 3/12" and my weight seems to stick right to my hips, buttocks and thighs. Are you eating journals available to look at to get an idea how you are eating? You are an inspiration!

weightloss1.jpg

weightloss2.jpg

At around 180 lbs--

weightloss4.jpg

me_2013_zpsfa95e3b7.jpg

• clairegogogo
    Options
    wow that's a meaningful year! Amazing job you look great!!
  • sheriann1271
    sheriann1271 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic!!!
  • maryloucash1961
    Options
    you look marvelous. I am alos 5'2 and 51 years old struggled.. but I did my loos with healp from my doctors (back issues) once that was corrected I joined Jazzercis and do low impact whenever ness. and reg when needed.. It has helped me alot...My instructors are awsome, would not let me quit just showed me alternativ moves to keep the sweat going.. congrat on you wieght loss ..
    Marylou Florida
  • BeckyS32
    BeckyS32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Very inspiring!
  • SkinnyNails
    Options
    Congrats and happy anniversary!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look amazing!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Simply AMAZING!! awesome work..
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Amazing and very inspiring!
  • unsivilized6
    unsivilized6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!! Thursday will mark one year for me. I've lost 55 pounds. Your loss is inspirational!
  • JessMom79
    JessMom79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well done! I am 5'2'' - 163lbs right now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!