tea drinkers?

Options

Replies

• buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love my tea, I drink it all day long with a little milk but no sugar. I could never give it up, but I do drink decaf at home, and I don't really notice the difference!
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Love tea!! I have to have 1 sugar and I usually drink 2 cups a day, going to change to decaf now, I actually prefer it :)
  • graciemom828
    Options
    I lived in Australia for 3 years right out of college a LONG time ago and even though I had drunk tea for a lot of years, the way it was made and tasted there was the best! Nothing more comforting on a rainy day than a good "cuppa" with milk and bread and strawberry jam! I still often drink my tea that way.
  • AmyJade_mfp
    AmyJade_mfp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Tea is the best! I now tend to drink 1 in the morning and then an evening tea by pg tips in the evening to help me sleep! But I'm very tired by this point these days! I usually have mine with 1 sugar and semi-skimmed milk!

IF YOU HAVEN'T TRIED EVENING TEA BY PG TIPS, TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!

It's basically normal tea AND decaf! It's lovely!
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Give up tea? Why would we do something so crazy?

I love my tea. I look forward to it in the morning. Nice and piping hot, with a wee splash of milk. It's like Heaven in a cup. Sometimes when I'm feeling really saucy I'll have flavoured tea. Like orange spice. Yum!
  • lazymochabear
    Options
    I love chai! I don't tend to add anything to my teas though...
  • creekwarriorprincess
    Options
    i worked at starbucks for two years and then worked overnights for a year at my current employer and drank at least one red bull and one cup of coffee every day. usually more than one of each - it was really bad.

i haven't had coffee in 3 weeks almost and it's been pretty miserable, i'm not going to lie. i'm not huge on hot tea usually but i do enjoy the awake tea from starbucks. i buy the tazo tea bags at the grocery store and make it myself with a stevia and a bit of honey. i usually also take the teabag out after 5 minutes so it doesn't get too dark.

my other thing is chai tea lattes. i make it with oregon sugarfree chai tea concentrate. i use the liquid kind since it has no carbs/calories/anything. one serving i believe is about one shot of espresso. servings are 1/2 a cup. i mix that with one cup of light plain soy milk. it's about 70 calories and super tasty! sometimes i go heave on the chai for that extra boost - and because a strong soy chai latte is one of my favorite things in existence.

one box of chai is $3.38 at walmart, soy milk is about $3ish. that's $7 for about 4-6 chai lattes. i used to get them at starbucks for $5/each. between this and awake tea, i manage to do okay. i miss coffee a lot but i'm getting used to it. if you really want coffee, it's not that bad for you by itself. just add a stevia for sweetener and you'll get used to drinking it black (if you don't already).

someone also recommended getting a B complex vitamin, and i'm considering taking a caffeine pill like nodoz on days when i really need it. it might not be the best thing but i would imagine it has to be considerably better than red bull and all that sugar. i've yet to try the vitamin suggestion though so i'll probably start with that.

hang in there! it gets easier over time for sure.

<3 TL;DR - hot awake tea with stevia and honey, chai tea lattes made at home for super cheap, B complex vitamins and no doz :P
  • ClarityPeace
    ClarityPeace Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like good earth caf or decaf original. It is sweet so when I have a sugar craving I drink it instead. Doesn't have artificial sweetners.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just spend a lot of money on Teavana. Dang that's good stuff. :drinker: Oolong is my favorite. All plain.
  • fiorim
    fiorim Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    not yet, but i ordered a BUNCH of flavored green teas from the ART OF TEA so when they get here I'll let you know how they are!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I drink plain iced tea all the time. I love the lipton cold brew teabags and I don't feel there is enough caffeine for it to be an issue for me.
  • kayholt2012
    kayholt2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea when im home. When we go out to dinner you can bet your buttons that I drink sweet tea!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i'm the local tea witch. i'm always mixing up really funky brews of whatever medicinal and/or nutritive herbs i have lying around. i buy loose stuff mostly and brew it in my little cast iron japanese pot.

yerba mate - mental boost like caffeine, with differing properties
    alfalfa - vit K for digestive tract
    thyme - antibacterial
    spearmint - anti-gas
    ginger - anti-nausea

i could go on all day.
    'Traditional Medicinals' is the best brand for pre-packaged medicinal blends!
  • zacharymars
    Options
    "tea witch", lol, so true.
  • mkookies
    mkookies Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I drink Chamomile Citrus herbal tea at night to help me sleep. I like a little black tea during the day, sometimes - I have maple tea that I like to add a little teaspoon of brown sugar to, earl grey (sometimes I add frothed warm milk and a touch of vanilla syrup to make it into a London Fog), hibiscus, lemongrass, green tea with dried strawberries... I love tea! :)
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ORGANIC GREEN TEA:

❤ hot or iced

❤ unsweetened or sweetened- (with organic coconut nectar or raw honey)

❤ squeezed lemon slice

❤ organic matcha- (optional)

ORGANIC GREEN TEA VANILLA LATTE:

❤ hot

❤ homemade organic vanilla nut milk

❤ organic coconut nectar or raw honey

❤ organic matcha

ORGANIC WHITE TEA VANILLA CARAMEL LATTE:

❤ hot

❤ homemade organic vanilla nut milk

❤ homemade organic caramel sauce
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have to have my tea in a morning and throughout the day, it keeps me going at work! I take it quite strong, with a little skimmed milk and 1 cal free sweetner.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Teaoholic here. Regular black tea with a little low fat milk and no sugar. Drink it all day, a few coffees also.
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    iced...plain
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have just started drinking tea again after only drink diet coke and orange/pineapple squash all summer, now its cold and raining im downing Earl Grey and semi skimmed milk (only a splash of milk and two 0cal sweetener drops) I find I drink more tea in autumn/winter for comfort and warmth! I am down to my last 3 bags so need to buy more!