First ever post, and one hell of a rough realization

Options
12346»

Replies

• kkayecarlson
    kkayecarlson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yep, life happens, now how are you going to move forward. Watch your food, cut out sugar, move when you can. You will be fine!:love::flowerforyou:
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    well anyway, i got my answer lol
    Your answer? I'm sorry, I don't understand?
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Our current weight is about the same. Add me if you'd like.
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    A lot of us are right there with you. I lost 35 lbs and gained about 10 back over the past 12 months. I knew last year I should log as much as possible to keep my-self in check, but you're right, life gets in the way. I just started logging again this week. I figure I will face it one day at a time. The one thing I have continued to do no matter what is yoga and a walk a few mornings every week. Some forms of yoga can really get your heart rate up and burn more than a few calories, but if done properly are very quiet. It's not the same as high intensity arobics, but it might be something you can fit into your morning schedule. It's good for muscle tone and balance as well. It is also the only thing that really helped my TMJ just purchased an elliptical machine to insure I would be able to get a bit more cardio than walking provides and to get some in during bad weather or when it's too dark to walk in the morning. It was the one cardio machine I really liked (bad knees). It's very quiet as well. I good one is not cheap, but it might be a solution for you as well. You could also look at an exercize bike. You can often get used exercize bikes and elliptical machines pretty inexpensively. Don't go for a treadmill though. They are very loud and disturb everyone. Good luck!
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    The issue of child and downstairs neighbors does pose quite an issue...but keep in mind that you can do it!

Key think for helping on not gaining back--make sure you take your lunch and have healthy, but filling, snacks all the time at work. That way you don't double your lunch intake with cafeteria/fast food junk and a package of chips from the vending machine! I eat about 350 calories at work, unless I don't bring my own...then is about 700 (and don't eat their breakfast either!)

Be true to your diary, even on your bad days!

But to lose, you may be able to lose SOME with dieting alone, but at some point you have to exercise (which is best to do from the beginning so you lose as little muscle mass as possible.) Check out the sturdy but condensed sized ellipticals. They are down to a couple of hundred $ now and I used mine to lose most of my weight. It doesn't make any sound on the floor (like a treadmill or video cardio) and will take up little room in your apartment (guessing). And it is low impact, so good for the knees/ankles. Things link planks and crunches...stuff that you don't have to really move to do should be friendly to your neighbors...make sure you aren't making excuses for yourself.
  • trulabfloyd
    Options
    This is January of a new year. Good time to start over. This is a series of starting over for all of us. Sometimes from day to day, week to week etc. You CAN do it . You did it before. some people take a walk on their lunch. Can you do that? Power walk! And watching calories is tedious but works. The fact that you are on MFP is encouraging. come on back. We are here to cheer you on!
    Trula
    :flowerforyou: