Options
    and the sex is always great even when I wasn't in the mood at first

just keep doing that ^
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Rule 1: Stop saying no.

Rule 2: Repeat Rule 1.

Tired is tired, but is anyone ever really too tired? Even when I'm barely awake, I don't say no when I'm in bed with my husband.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    You have your man in your bed every night. I don't see the problem here other than you making excuses.

Try holding it together when you don't see each other for weeks on end.
  • Superdave24
    Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This really might not be advice but its like going back to the gym. Once you start going it gets a little easier the next time after and then you wonder if why you even stopped. Other thing is.....have you tried just foreplay to start out with. Maybe that will get the wheels spinning. Good luck.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Divorce.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You should really talk to your doctor. You could have a nutrient deficiency contributing to this. Do you get enough fats in your diet? That can be a problem too.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    We, as women, do seem to be more about the mental aspect of sex than men are, but I am just generalizing. Sometimes it's really hard to get "your head in the game" sorta speak! Maybe you should speak to your husband about him coming to bed early with you, even if he gets up later when you are done, but at least he is making an effort as well. Remind him that even a quick massage once you get into bed can stir things up, it's amazing how that will waken up your senses, just having him rub his hands on your back for a few minutes. Try to take a bath or a shower together. There is a lot to be said about the "oral" help to get fires burning, it's a great way to get things started!!
    Keep your chin up, and it's really great that you are interested in making it work!! The fact that you and your hubby are grown up enough to talk about it together is a great sign that you guys will figure this out!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Here's some motivation:
    If you don't give it to him, he'll get it somewhere else.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Stop saying no. Remember how much you desire him.

Visiting your doctor isn't a bad idea.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    You'd better fake it till you make it.....or you could find yourself in a bad situation.

Get some counseling, together or separate.

It is heartbreaking when someone you love pushes you away in this manner. Get some help.

• whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Tired is tired, but is anyone ever really too tired? Even when I'm barely awake, I don't say no when I'm in bed with my husband.

i agree with this!^^ just dont say no
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Do you spend time out of bed touching each other? Holding hands, cuddling, kissing? Sexual intimacy comes with emotional and physical intimacy. Do you have a date night where it's just the two of you? Do you make each other priority?

He sounds like he's trying to understand, but I am sure he is feeling rejected. I know that's not what you intend for him to feel, but when your spouse doesn't want sex with you, it's very demoralizing.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Here's some motivation:

^ What they said. That and maybe go see a doctor..maybe a sex therapist/marriage counselor in case there are other problems that aren't being resolved as well.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    don't try to make it into a huge ordeal... the whole candles/ music thing...... to much....... next time he's watching tv on the couch and the baby is in bed give him a mouth hug..... things will progress from there..... don't stress it so much and don't try to make it a big production.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    We are all tired. Just keep doing it.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    When is the last time you had a day off, from work and the baby? Get a sitter, book a room, go to a nice dinner and hump like bunnies.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Here's some motivation:

Oh snap!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Withholding sex from your husband is the equivalent of him withholding affection and conversation from you. If your husband was too tired to talk with you or give you a hug or even hold your hand, that would cause problems, too.

I don't know what could be causing it, but I'd make it a priority to figure out what's up. If that means seeing a doc, then do. If it's just too much stuff going on in the evening, then work to figure out what you can take off your plate. Taking care of each other should be at the top of your list. Not vacuuming the house or skipping laundry isn't going to take a toll on your marriage the way that skipping sex will. If you make sure you have time and energy for those things but not for sex, you're sending him the message that those things are more important than him.

The way I see it, when it comes to the quality of my marriage sex is not something I am willing to sacrifice. Chores are.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Take one for the team. It is really not healthy for your relationship