no weight loss what so ever in 9 days?

Options
I know i am probably being very impatient but i have been very good with my diet and exercising and i have not seen any weight loss at all, not even a few ounces!

Am i doing something wrong? How long did it take until you saw any changes on the scale?

Please be nice to me in responses ... lol ... i am trying! :smile:

Kate xx

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    There is a possibility that your building muscle while losing fat. Have your measurements changed other than your weight? (clothes fitting looser?)
  • SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Impatient....give it much more time.

Also, I think some scales "remember" a number to look a lot more accurate than they are so try weighing something that isn't you on them, then reweigh yourself & see if there's a difference
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Your profile shows that you don't have much to lose. If you lose one pound, it is similar to a person who is severely obese (like me) losing ten. If your scale doesn't have decimal points, you may have lost a fraction of a pound.

Also, our bodies are designed to adapt to changes; when people lose the first week, it is usually a lot of water weight from their old, unhealthy habits.

Just keep eating healthy and moving you body!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    There is a possibility that your building muscle while losing fat. Have your measurements changed other than your weight? (clothes fitting looser?)

It is absolutely impossible to build muscle in 9 days....Just as it is unrealistic to expect your body to do whatever you want it in 9 days...It's early, keep on doing what you are doing - you did not gain the weight in 9 days did you?
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The first 3 months when I started exercising ( mainly doing cross fit stuff) and dieting, I gained 4 lbs. My cloths did not fit at all, but i was not drinking enough water either. During the holiday, I exercised but was not watching what I was eating, didn't gain or loss. The beginning of the year, I am back on track and finally seeing those weights come off, slow but it's alright. Give it some time and forget about the scale. I can gain 1-2 lbs overnight if I do p90x or insanity. Take measurements, they are more accurate.
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Remember 1 lb = 2500 cal. Just be patient. It would be a lot better if you keep your mind of your weight like every day. It may take 1 week to lose 1 lb depending on your activity and deficit but if you look at that it will really take time. Not to mention other factors that can alter your weight such as water weight and etc.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    take a chill pill. it's been 9 days. stop freaking out.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You're being too impatient and it's not muscle gain. Wait a few weeks and then check.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    "Am I doing something wrong?"

It could only be determined if you kept a food diary. But probably if you did, you would see it for yourself too.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Give it more time. If you still haven't lost weight in a few weeks then I'd re-evaluate.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I recommend seeing a doctor...anytime I have something that lasts 9 whole days that is the advice I get!
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    1lb=3500 cals....seeing how you don't have much to lose I'd just keep doing what you're doing & you will see results.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I know i am probably being very impatient

Nuff said.
  • AliciaAnne1984
    Options
    I agree with those saying you need to be patient. As long as you know you're doing the right thing, it will happen. Just to cover your bases though I would check the scales as SteveK279 said. I have heard this from others. Also... Make sure you're drinking plenty of water and weighing yourself at the same time of day. It will happen :)
  • DefluffinMyStuffin
    DefluffinMyStuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Also, I think some scales "remember" a number to look a lot more accurate than they are so try weighing something that isn't you on them, then reweigh yourself & see if there's a difference

I swear my scale has been up to this shenanigan! :grumble:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Am i doing something wrong? How long did it take until you saw any changes on the scale?

Yes - you're not being patient! :flowerforyou:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

Yeah you haven't given it enough time. You didn't gain all the weight in 9 days, you're not going to lose it in 9. It takes time, it took me a couple weeks then I had a few weeks when I didn't lose after that.

I suggest going by how your clothes fit, measure yourself and don't look to the scale so much.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've been trying for 2 weeks now and haven't seen the sale move either...except for a 1lb loss, 2lb gain and 1lb loss.

I don't really have they much to lose, about 13lbs from my goal, and I don't even know if my goal is a healthy maintainable weight for me.

When I get back on the wagon I typically won't lose any actual weight for the first 6 weeks or so. Then the scale will just drop by 5lb in one week and keep dropping by about 0.5-1lb/week.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If you are new to working out, it might be water retention. Your muscles will retain water for repair. Also women retain water for other reasons, mine fluctuates +/- 5 pounds. Take your measurements and don't let the scale be your only method of measuring progress.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is telling you to not freak out and they are right…but there a few things to ask yourself to make sure everything is on point. The details matter more as you get closer because you have less margin for error.
    - How much are you dining out? Without accurate calorie info you could be over consuming calories and not realizing it. Even places that post calorie info it can be wildly inaccurate as whoever is cooking your food is not meticulously measuring to make he or she hits the calorie info published on the menu.
    - Any free/cheat days where you just ate whatever but didn’t count it? Any days where large amounts of alcohol were consumed. These might have delayed progress.
    - Adding weight training can cause water retention
    - That time of the month and water retention
    - Are you weighing your portions to make sure they are accurate or just ball parking. I have started weighing everything and I have found that what I consider a portion size and what the scale says are two waaayyyyy different things.
    - Have carbohydrates been increased from before? This could lead to increased glycogen and water in the muscles masking fat loss.
    - Have you had a normal BM recently before weighing?
    - Did you weigh yourself in the morning at the same time of the day?

If none apply then give it a week or two more and if still no progress it might be time to readjust the plan.