• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    It's been 9 days -_-

Calm down.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Did it take you nine days to put on the weight?

No?

Didn't think so.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    9 days? You're fine.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Did it take you nine days to put on the weight?

No?

Didn't think so.

YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!!
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I know i am probably being very impatient

/end thread
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Deep breath, exhale nice and slow. You're fine. 9 days is nothing to be concerned about.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard to not see results right away; I hate when that happens! But it takes time, and if you're sore at all from exercising, that means inflammation and extra water. Try to give it 3-4 weeks before you decide if you need to tweak your routine in some way.

(P.S. - I've lost only 3.8 pounds in the past month. I lost 3, then gained 3, then lost 3, and finally lost another 0.8. It was tough to hang in there.)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    It took me 4 months before I started losing anything. Sometimes it just takes a while to see results, especially if you have less than 30 pounds to lose.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Also, I think some scales "remember" a number to look a lot more accurate than they are so try weighing something that isn't you on them, then reweigh yourself & see if there's a difference

OK so I didn't know what else to weigh to test this theory so I grabbed the nearest thing which happened to be my computer tower (my scale is super close so I can weigh myself every time I stand up). So anyway I put the computer on the scale and it weighed higher. I figured that would reset it. Now *I* jumped back on the scale and it's telling me I gained 22.4lbs!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: HOW CAN THIS BE I know a desk job makes you fat but this is ridiculous!!! I quit.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I know i am probably being very impatient but i have been very good with my diet and exercising and i have not seen any weight loss at all, not even a few ounces!

Am i doing something wrong? How long did it take until you saw any changes on the scale?

Please be nice to me in responses ... lol ... i am trying! :smile:

Kate xx

Make sure you aren't in starvation mode
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I know i am probably being very impatient but i have been very good with my diet and exercising and i have not seen any weight loss at all, not even a few ounces!

Am i doing something wrong? How long did it take until you saw any changes on the scale?

Please be nice to me in responses ... lol ... i am trying! :smile:

Kate xx

1. Measure everything and log everything. I even log gum and artificial sweeteners and when I use table salt. My problem was that I was underestimating my portions.

2. Add in high intensity interval training.

3. Bump your protein intake to 30% of total calories. Decrease your carbs to 30-40%.

4. Try to stay away from polyunsaturated fats. Those are just now being shown to be a contributor to obesity. Polyunsaturated fats are: Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, peanut oil (and peanuts) and anything labeled "vegetable oil."

Also, some people have food sensitivities that prevent weight loss. The main culprits are grains (Especially wheat), soy and dairy. But it could be anything in your diet that is making your body hang on to extra weight.

If you aren't getting the results you want, definitely change things up.

Lastly, try tracking sodium if your weight suddenly spikes, this is the normal culprit.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Based on your ticker you are only wanting to lose about 13lbs. Based on your picture you look to be at a very decent weight as is. So....the closer one is to goal / ideal weight the longer and harder it is to lose. Every hear people complaining about the last 5-10lbs? Yep there is a reason. Also - you could be gaining muscle - while it may not show you may not be losing the weight that will come along with muscle growth. So...therefore you need to be more patient and like many have said - TAKE MEASURMENTS!! you may get smaller but not lose any weight!

9 days for a mere 13lbs - not gonna happen!!
  • SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Scale obviously broken!
  • lectriceye
    lectriceye Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It took me 6 months for 4 pounds. :/ They were my last but it still was a lot of hard work to lose them!
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Could be you've gained muscle loss fat, if you have a tendency to work out a lot and gain muscle easily then the scale might not be your best friend, you might want to go off how clothes fit, or actual measurements. Also, could be that your body is adjusting to the new diet and you could be bloating, or your body might just be slower than others to lose weight, meet your macros, meet or stay under a little of your calories, also watch sugar and sodium (super bloat), exercise, and don't stress out. If it really doesn't start to change, the number on the scale that is, but you feel thinner and better, then that's even better, but you could try a new scale too.

Be patient, this is a whole change of lifestyle, not a quick fix.