60 lbs down, only a few to go.

Options
Anclote
Anclote Posts: 43 Member
Here I am in 2010, about 200 pounds and very unhappy. In these pictures you can see I am pretty active; I love backpacking and traveling; but my diet was terrible, and I drank too much beer. (Athough I swear in these pictures this is just coffee... haha...)

DSCN1892.jpg

DSCN1943.jpg

That's me in the nerdy shirt and the green shorts with my sister:

at102-1.jpg

And here I am on the left with my other sister on the right:

at10-1.jpg

By making little changes to my activity (heavier weights in the gym & started jogging 4 days a week) and a BIG change to my diet (MUCH less meat, lots more veggies, and beer in moderation), I have lost more than 60 lbs and started to see some muscle tone in my arms, abs, and legs.

Here I am today:

progressSEPT12-1.jpg

I can *almost* do a pullup, and I still do all of the hiking and climbing that I used to do, only now I'm much faster and better.

And here come my abs... they were under there all along :P:

tinydancer.jpg

progressNOV12-1.jpg

When I first started running, I could only go for like 3 minutes and then had to walk. But I just kept doing it. Soon I could go a whole mile. Then two. Now I can run 15 if I want (although that really kicks my butt...)

Running was the secret to everything. It helped me quit smoking, it elevates my mood so I don't get discouraged, and after a good run you don't want to eat cookies. You want real food. Naturally. Run, people. Run. And don't be afraid to lift weights, and to SQUAT and LUNGE.

I am 5'4". At my heaviest I was about 200 lbs, and now I am pretty much plateaued at 140 lbs. I would be happy if I didn't lose another pound, but I want to sculpt my body more. It has taken me about 2 years all told... from deciding I need to change to today. Long process if you do it right. But it has been so rewarding, and hard, but in a good way that I have loved. And yes, it gets easier.

I started eating about 95% vegan on January 1st to jumpstart my weight loss for these last couple of pounds and LOVE it. I have never been happier with my body, and actually enjoy running now! Too bad I still love craft beer more than anything...

You can do it guys!!!!

Anclote

Replies

• beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look so good. I want those abs! How long has it taken you? And how tall are you?
  • fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look amazing!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    WOW you look great
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!.....you look great! Congratulations.
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You almost don't look like the same person, not that you weren't pretty before, you are just gorgeous now :) Congrats on the transformation and hard work!
  • Anclote
    Options
    You look so good. I want those abs! How long has it taken you? And how tall are you?

Ah! sorry, I'll add that to the post. I am 5'4". At my heaviest I was about 200 lbs, and now I am pretty much plateaued at 140 lbs. I would be happy if I didn't lose another pound, but I want to sculpt my body more. It has taken me about 2 years all told... from deciding I need to change to today. Long process if you do it right. But it has been so rewarding, and hard, but in a good way that I have loved. And yes, it gets easier.
    x An
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am jealous! Fabulous job!
  • Texgal9816
    Texgal9816 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's fantastic!! I'm starting out at the same weight as you did and seeing what a transformation you've had it's truly inspirational to me!!
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! So motivating :flowerforyou:
  • Anclote
    Options
    :))) Thank you everyone
  • AcampoGirl
    AcampoGirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing!! I also am 5'4 & starting weight was 200. I'm at 155 but got a lot to do on my abs. Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • Anclote
    Options
    You look Amazing!! I also am 5'4 & starting weight was 200. I'm at 155 but got a lot to do on my abs. Thanks for the inspiration!!

The secret is your diet. If you eat the right foods, you will have a nice stomach even if you never do another situp again! I looked on bodybuilding.com when I first started my journey for some examples of what I should be eating on a daily basis and went from there. You can get there...
    xo An
  • kwirky1
    kwirky1 Posts: 58
    Options
    You are truely an inspiration.

I am waiting on my industrial strength bra to come in the mail and then I will start learning to jog :)
  • Southernsass6885
    Southernsass6885 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You're officially my inspiration.
  • runningonmargaritas
    Options
    Awesome. Congrats!!!
  • Tifla122
    Options
    you look incredible! You're gorgeous! Way to go!
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    hottie!! :wink: :wink: :love: :love: :heart: :love: :love: :wink: :wink:
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Way to go! (Hope I am not repeating anything, I didn't read all the posts) You must feel amazing when you're backpacking now-even with a full, multiday pack you would be carrying less weight than your starting weight alone! I often think about that when I am out on the trail, can't wait for that to be me! Awesome work!! :)
  • Maridinger
    Maridinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    im 5'3 and 180, 140 is my goal right now. this is a HUGE inspiration for me!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!