Something is wrong!! Not losing lbs!!

Options
I've seen so many people on here with such amazing results with also so much weight lost!! I only have 28lbs to go and it's so difficult!! I jus can't take it off!!! I've been on here since August!! Only 9lbs lost! Some people have lost 40-50lbs! Why is it not working for me!! Just feel like giving up at times!

Replies

• cyndilynn13
    cyndilynn13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Your journal is private - you may want to make it public for us to offer advice. If not, I just wanted to wish you future success!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    9 pounds seems like a nice, slow, healthy loss over that time frame. It's not a race, so as long as you are still losing weight, you are on the right track. I've lost 61 pounds, but that's in almost a year, and lately I have intentionally upped my calories and slowed my loss to a crawl because I have started lifting weights.
  • princesselle1
    princesselle1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Your journal is private - you may want to make it public for us to offer advice. If not, I just wanted to wish you future success!

Sorry!! I've taken it off private!!any advice please
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    People who don't have as much to lose, lose it slower. 9lbs since August is great.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i've only lost 14 and i've been on here since ummm what does it say under my profile pic? lol! i think july. you didn't put the weight on overnight. you're not gonna take it off overnight either.
  • princesselle1
    Options
    9 pounds seems like a nice, slow, healthy loss over that time frame. It's not a race, so as long as you are still losing weight, you are on the right track. I've lost 61 pounds, but that's in almost a year, and lately I have intentionally upped my calories and slowed my loss to a crawl because I have started lifting weights.

I've not lost a single pound in 6 weeks!! Should I be worried?? X
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    your diary's still private. as long as you're eating healthy, not starving yourself and exercising it'll come off. i haven't lost anything in well over a month but i'm not worried.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

What is your average gross calorie intake?

How accurately are you measuring/weighing/logging your food

How much do you exercise and how active are you in the day?
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

Are you losing inches? That's more important anyway. What's your workout routine like? Your diary's still private. I doubt you should be worried, but we need more info to help.
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You might also want to consider that you may have lost some inches, even if you don't see a difference on the scale. Did you take measurements when you started this journey that you could compare today's to?
  • princesselle1
    Options

Are you losing inches? That's more important anyway. What's your workout routine like? Your diary's still private. I doubt you should be worried, but we need more info to help.

I have gone into settings and changed it too everyone to see! Is that correct to take if off private?
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    We're all different. Somebody who is more overweight and has worse eating habits will lose weight more quickly when they make changes than somebody who has less weight to lose and already has pretty good habits.

You're doing better than me. I've only lost about 22 pounds over the last 4 years. But hey - it's a loss. I'll take it!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is still not visible. You have to make it public if you want feedback on it.
  • princesselle1
    Options
    You might also want to consider that you may have lost some inches, even if you don't see a difference on the scale. Did you take measurements when you started this journey that you could compare today's to?

At the start I lost 9 lbs in two months and lost 2inches! Now I've been the same since!
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I had the same amount of weight to lose. Took me 8 months. Dont worry about it. EXERCISE every day.
  • princesselle1
    Options
    How do I take my diary off private??
  • whitneyberra1987
    whitneyberra1987 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    if your not losing lbs you may be losing inches... try measuring yourself
  • whitneyberra1987
    whitneyberra1987 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    How do I take my diary off private??