Something is wrong!! Not losing lbs!!

Options

Replies

• bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Settings>Diary Settings, choose "Public".
  • princesselle1
    princesselle1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Any advice diary is viewable! I was advised before to increase my calories to about 1400!!
  • ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have similar problem. I want to lose 8 kilos in total. When I tried this before I always lost 2-3 kilos and then it stopped and then I stopped trying.

The thing is the more kilos (pounds) you have the faster will you lose, especially in the beginning. Most of the people have problems with that last 5-10 kilos so we will just have to be persistent. :)
  • bumblebums
    Options
    Okay, I've had a look at your diary going a few days back, and I would guess you are not eating enough.

You need to be eating enough to convince your body that it does not need to hang on to fat or water. Eating under 1,000 calories a day is most likely not enough for your height and weight.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    1. I'm finding a lot of days where you didn't track your food. How do you know that you are hitting your targets if you don't track?

2. I'm also seeing a lot of days that are only partially tracked (I hope. If you are really having days where you only eat 100 or 300, please speak to a doctor about your calorie intake).

3. You don't seem to be eating enough most days. A lot of the days that do seem to be fully tracked only show between 600 and 1000 calories. Your body needs food to function and giving it enough is important for weight loss.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    According to your diary your have been eating less than 1200 cal - some days as little as 600...Either you are not logging everything and thus eating more than you think, or you are seriously undereating....That will definitely slow and stop your weightloss....
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? ht, wt, activity level? 1270 cals maybe too low, especially with not too many lbs to go
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you have a 1 yr old and also had a miscarriage 4 months ago. You're going through the same thing as i am. I have a 15 month old, and ive been at the same weight since after he was born. It's hormones.
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Think about your carb intake. I noticed the "Qaker Oats - Syrup" you're logging some morning is showing zero carbs, that cam't be right. No carbs for broccoli? Not correct.

I know mentioning carbs is like opening a can of worms on the site, but they matter. Your carbs seems high for your calorie intake, just a thought.

Good luck!
  • Rawr1978
    Options
    For example: I can eat my recommended caloric intake, exercise (cardio and strength) for one hour per day, but if i so much as eat a grain of salt over my allowance, i blow up like a balloon. A diuretic hasnt even worked.
  • princesselle1
    Options
    Okay, I've had a look at your diary going a few days back, and I would guess you are not eating enough.

You need to be eating enough to convince your body that it does not need to hang on to fat or water. Eating under 1,000 calories a day is most likely not enough for your height and weight.

So if I eat more I will start to lose? Just so scared to gain anymore weight!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    oop - double post
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You might not be eating enough calories and going into "starvation mode"...have you calculated your BRM, TDEE, and etc?
  • Rawr1978
    Options
    Think about your carb intake. I noticed the "Qaker Oats - Syrup" you're logging some morning is showing zero carbs, that cam't be right. No carbs for broccoli? Not correct.

I know mentioning carbs is like opening a can of worms on the site, but they matter. Your carbs seems high for your calorie intake, just a thought.

Good luck!

This could also be a huge factor. Im not on a low-carb diet and never will be, but i find that when i eat carbs three times in a day, i can pretty much float up into the air.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Track your food properly. Weigh/measure and log absolutely everything. Eat to what you are supposed to. Give it a month, then reassess.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Only had a quick glance at your diary and you seem to eat healthily enough. I went back and picked a few days out of each month and further back there are lots of days when you didn't log or you were using 'quick add calories' It is always good to log absolutely everything that passes your lips (good or bad) to get a true picture and take it from there.

As others say 9 lbs is not bad, however is you have not lost anything for 6 weeks, then perhaps you are eating below your BMR figure. On the apps tab you can find out your BMR. Another method is to look at the 'In Place Of A Road Map' which is an information sheet and calculators to assess your calories needs based on more information that you have to input into MFP.

You will find the roadmap by searching in the forum. My computer is playing up and I cannot find the link at the moment, sorry
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I've seen so many people on here with such amazing results with also so much weight lost!! I only have 28lbs to go and it's so difficult!! I jus can't take it off!!! I've been on here since August!! Only 9lbs lost! Some people have lost 40-50lbs! Why is it not working for me!! Just feel like giving up at times!

It happens that way sometimes. I have super slow weight loss myself!

it took me 3 months to lose my first 7 lbs. Then for 3 months I lost really good ( like 20lbs in 3 months). Then in September my weight loss almost came to a screeching halt--I have only lost 4 lbs since.

Even though I have only lost 33 lbs in 11 months, my body has gone through so many good changes!
  • bumblebums
    Options
    Well, the approach on MFP is fairly mechanical, but you have to follow it to see the results.

Calculate your Base Metabolic Rate (this is a function of your height, weight, age, sex, and exercise level). This is the amount of energy used daily by your brain, liver, and other organs just to stay alive.

Log your exercise activity to figure out your Total Daily Energy Expenditure. This is important--if you exercise a lot, you need more calories to survive. A lumberjack or a ballerina does not have the same energy needs as a person in a coma.

[EDIT: forgot to say the most important bit: your intake should be between BMR and TDEE]

Finally, faithfully and honestly log your food intake. You do not need to count every almond, but the closer you are to the truth, the better.

Read up on water weight and how it is affected by different types of diets and starvation. Here is a useful starter.
    http://suite101.com/article/the-truth-about-losing-water-weight-a366151
  • princesselle1
    Options
    1. I'm finding a lot of days where you didn't track your food. How do you know that you are hitting your targets if you don't track?

2. I'm also seeing a lot of days that are only partially tracked (I hope. If you are really having days where you only eat 100 or 300, please speak to a doctor about your calorie intake).

3. You don't seem to be eating enough most days. A lot of the days that do seem to be fully tracked only show between 600 and 1000 calories. Your body needs food to function and giving it enough is important for weight loss.

Most days prob netting about 1000! Sometimes I don't know what else to what that won't increase the fat
  • arccx
    arccx Posts: 5
    Options
    if you want to increase your calories - or see if you are eating where you should be , then this is the place for you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 look up Dan and follow his group. They will set you straight.