Raspberry Ketones for the rest of us!

Options

Replies

• evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thank you Thank you! This was awesome. I love it all. But at the risk of sounding stupid I just have to ask. I have read the word "macros" a few times on MFP. What are these macros?
  • fitnwhole
    fitnwhole Posts: 227
    Options
    i have nothing add except eye candy..

consenting eye candy

the-rock-clapping.gif

:love: Thanks for the eye candy!!:heart:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Thank you Thank you! This was awesome. I love it all. But at the risk of sounding stupid I just have to ask. I have read the word "macros" a few times on MFP. What are these macros?

Macros short for macronutrients. There are three: carbs, protein, and fat.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Woah, TL;DR.

Love that you trolled your own post.

And that you are awesome.
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    bumping to read later.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    i have nothing add except eye candy..

consenting eye candy

the-rock-clapping.gif

:love: Thanks for the eye candy!!:heart:

Great view, er, great read. Thanks.:wink:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Well said Bean!!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    You gonna get soooo many friend requests outta this thread! :smooched: :laugh:
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You are soooo fantastic. Love, love.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Fantastic words, Bean!

Completely agree with all of this.

A few foundational things that I really appreciate: I measured myself all over and took all the pictures before I started anything. Measuring really helped me to see my progress even when the number on the scale wasn't moving.

People also need to realize that losing 2 lb a week isn't a healthy goal if you don't have much to lose. I am at 0.7 lbs/week because I have about 25 lbs left and I don't want to lose too much LBM with my fat loss.

If you have less than 25 to lose, you should probably be losing around 0.5lb/week. Yeah, being patient sucks, but gaining and losing weight can be a life-long process OR the lifelong process can be losing and maintaining. Either way, it's gonna take forever, so why redo all the hard work of losing?

Agreed. I can't even add... its just - yeah. Took me 26 months to lose the last 26 pounds. Rushing would have left me disappointed in my results, not as proud as I am.

Thank you!! And thanks to Beanie, for making an amazing post. You look fantastic, lady!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Wonderful advice. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your success thus far :-)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, Beans! I don't even HAVE a thyroid, so this post makes me feel even more inspired!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Fantastic thread, thank you so much for posting it!

As for being paranoid about the pics: you look so friggin' amazing, I can only dream of looking half as good by putting in tons of work.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    BUMP to read later...looks great!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • fleabandit
    Options
    You are doing great! Loved the read! thanks!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Fantastic words, Bean!

Completely agree with all of this.

A few foundational things that I really appreciate: I measured myself all over and took all the pictures before I started anything. Measuring really helped me to see my progress even when the number on the scale wasn't moving.

People also need to realize that losing 2 lb a week isn't a healthy goal if you don't have much to lose. I am at 0.7 lbs/week because I have about 25 lbs left and I don't want to lose too much LBM with my fat loss.

If you have less than 25 to lose, you should probably be losing around 0.5lb/week. Yeah, being patient sucks, but gaining and losing weight can be a life-long process OR the lifelong process can be losing and maintaining. Either way, it's gonna take forever, so why redo all the hard work of losing?

Having always been a skinny girl who ballooned with cortisol (yes, I'm the weird "gained weight medically" person), I was mortified to take pictures at a higher weight (to the point of pushing off taking engagement pictures for months), and I definitely regret not having done so. Between Naomi and Bean, and seeing them even doubt their progress for a second (when they're both SMOKING), it's making me reevaluate the benefit of "taking pictures."

MEASUREMENTS, however, have been a lifesaver for me. I've been at this for a year and only lost 11 of my ultimate goal of 25 lbs... but I've lost SO many inches from focusing on heavy lifting, that I feel much more aware of my body, and don't sweat the number on the scale much at all. A .99 cent soft tape measure is KEY to tracking progress and saving your sanity imo. I've suggested the "inches lost" tracker forever in the "Suggestions" forum.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful. Two things stuck out to me for my personal insight. Stop telling everyone what I am doing also stop changing things up. You are wonderful and have worked hard! Thank you!

sO
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Want healthy? Act healthy. You will become healthy. It's really, sadly, easy.

So much brilliance in this post.

Incredible amount of brilliance in this thread.

Thanks for sharing guys and gals!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!