Raspberry Ketones for the rest of us!

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post, bean. Seriously. I actually read the WHOLE thing.

I wish the mods would make it a sticky.

P.S. You're hot.
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Amazing post girl....you're awesome!!
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed the post!!
  • pode23
    pode23 Posts: 9
    Options
    bump for later- loved this post
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Great post and I agree on all points. My add would be this--- eat clean (or cleaner). My first six months of loss was filled with 100 calorie packs or crap, lean cuisine, etc. you get so much more food and flavor when you take the time to prepare your own food. Plus, its easier to track.
  • sunraew
    sunraew Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say Raspberries?! I'm there! ....

Whoa! Great result! Congrats. :flowerforyou:
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post Bean!!! I'm so glad you're on my FL. You truly rock!
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is DEFINITELY something to be inspired by! You're amazing and I'm REALLY glad I read this post. I've been on this sight for roughly a year now and have spent a great deal of that sabatoging myself. But now that I realize what I was doing and the patterns that I tend to get myself into, I can do better.

My thought is "2012 took me to school. So now I need to show 2013 exactly what I learned." Success doesn't earn itself, after all, and I intend to have all the success I can handle this year ^_^

And, honey, if I end up looking half as amazing as you when I'm in the interim of my fitness journey, I'll die happy! ^_~ You've got NOTHING to be ashamed of! Keep up the good work!! ^_^
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    This is DEFINITELY something to be inspired by! You're amazing and I'm REALLY glad I read this post. I've been on this sight for roughly a year now and have spent a great deal of that sabatoging myself. But now that I realize what I was doing and the patterns that I tend to get myself into, I can do better.

My thought is "2012 took me to school. So now I need to show 2013 exactly what I learned." Success doesn't earn itself, after all, and I intend to have all the success I can handle this year ^_^

And, honey, if I end up looking half as amazing as you when I'm in the interim of my fitness journey, I'll die happy! ^_~ You've got NOTHING to be ashamed of! Keep up the good work!! ^_^

Don't be discouraged. My first year here I lost and regained 10 lbs, because I was being overly restrictive during the week then binging when I got hungry. It took me a full year to get my head on straight and get really committed. Once I did, I lost another 32 and have kept my pregnancy gain under control. I never would've accomplished that without going through my year of stupidity, as I call it.

Chin up. :)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: You are awesome!!!:heart::heart:
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thank you!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    UGH How did I miss this:

11) WEIGH AND LOG EVERYTHING! Weigh everything you feasibly can, and log every bite of food that crosses your lips, even the seemingly insignificant ones. The single most important tool/gadget that I have is my digital food scale, without a doubt. Spend the $11-15 to get a decent one. You will never look back.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Great post, Bean and stunning pics! In my mind you're always like a superwoman-type character, and that transformation confirms it.

One thing to reiterate: don't cling to numbers from TDEE calculators if your results prove them wrong. If I started again, I'd test out mfp's maintenance numbers first. It might or might not cause a slight delay in starting your weight loss, but at least you'd know if mfp was a good calculator for you without accidentally eating too little. I have yet yo find a calculatoor that works for me, but mfp was one of the worst.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    First off, you look fantabulous!!!
    Secondly, thank you so much for this thread....
  • weston23
    weston23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Excellent post!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Great post and I agree on all points. My add would be this--- eat clean (or cleaner). My first six months of loss was filled with 100 calorie packs or crap, lean cuisine, etc. you get so much more food and flavor when you take the time to prepare your own food. Plus, its easier to track.

FOOT STOMP. You are so right. I wasted a lot of time screwing around with lo-cal this and that. I found myself much more satisfied eating the same number of calories in real butter than margarine, as it were.
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for a great post. I've been here since Sept. and I still feel like a huge noob when it comes to knowing what to do, especially with all the crazy information that is floating around out there. I constantly get confused as to whether or not I should be doing this exercise or what I should be eating, if I can eat my exercise calories back or not, etc... the list is ridiculously long. This post is one of the few that just gives good common sense advice and everything makes complete sense to me. Thank you again for putting this out there! :)

Btw, you had no need to worry about posting pictures, you look fabulous!
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    First off, you. look. FABULOUS. No need to be nervous posting those pictures, because you look absolutely BANGIN'!

Secondly, I am so effin' glad you're on my FL. Everything you said was spot on, and I agree with it 110%.

I'd like to add a bit about plateauing, though, because that seems to be another topic that attracts LOADS of broscience.

Sometimes, our weight loss comes to a halt. This doesn't happen for all of us, but it happens to a lot of us, myself included. Stalled out for two damn years. Tried EVERYTHING (well, all the wrong things, like cutting my calories too damn low), and the scale would not budge. If this happens to you, my best advice would be to either A. try upping your calories. The closer you get to goal, the smaller your caloric deficit should be. B. Take a maintenance break. This has worked for me twice already. Chill out with the deficit. Don't necessarily stop tracking, but up your caloric intake to maintenance for 7 to 10 days. You can even chill out on the exercise if you want. Trust me. It works.

Also, one more thing to add: This has been said so many times, but it's always worth repeating. Do NOT gauge your progress by the number on the scale. Take photos and measurements. Pay attention to how your clothes fit. So many times the number on the scale might say we're not making progress, but the smaller clothing sizes/measurements say otherwise. It is NOT all about the number on the scale. Not at all.

Just my two cents. Again, phenomenal post, Beansie!

This is also something I am going to refer back to in later days. Great advice about dealing with plateaus, again common sense FTW!

Thanks for adding your two cents!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Great post! Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!