Young Ladies: Never been skinny

Options
Hi All! I started this last summer, epically failed, but started religiously new years day. I'm looking for the young ladies out there who have never been skinny. Never been able to stop eating carbs and sweets, never worn a bikini, and were self conscious. I'm 19, always been over weight, and want to get a support system going for these said people. Who knows what Im talking about?

Replies

• mikoodles
    mikoodles Posts: 139
    Options
    *raises hand* Yes, that is my life.
  • Acp1010
    Acp1010 Posts: 62
    Options
    Amen sister! Add me :) Anyoe who knows what i'm talking about, or needs a support system, add me :)
  • kaseyrae0507
    Options
    Yeah that's me lol. I was skinny when I was about 5. But I'm 21 now and this is getting old.
  • Acp1010
    Options
    I think the last time I was skinny I was 10....then it got progressively worse and worse :( BUT NOW, I AM WOMAN, and im gonna turn this around. We all can :)
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I can't remember ever being at a comfortable or "normal" weight. Feel free to add me <3
  • GraceEsther
    GraceEsther Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    thats me!Q I've always been the "chunky child" I was even my mom's heaviest baby! I would love to friend you.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    How young do you have to be to be considered a "young lady" haha!
  • Acp1010
    Options
    If you still feel young, you are young! :D
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I was NEVER fat. Until i got sick. I had 2 blood clots to the brain at age 24 and they cause strokes.

I was stuck, in a bed, unable to move half of my body for more than 12 months.

I have never once dieted.

I have never once exercised.

I never did one sit up, one squat, measured one meal.

I had no idea where to start. Talk about LOST...

Luckily, I didnt have a close minded person tell me NO when i asked for help...just because i wasnt "always a fat girl" she was a self proclaimed "always been a fat girl" who taught me everything i needed to know. She taught me how to measure foods, how to weigh them, what works and what didnt. She taught me not to fall for fad diets, and not to take the latest energy pills, etc.

If it wasnt for her, not being so close minded to "like" minded people.. *I* would never be on my way to being skinny, again.

Ill never, ever EVER close my mind, my offers of help and my support to ANYONE.
  • xomorganjc
    xomorganjc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That's me. I'm 18. and I've never been able to even go to the pool or anything my entire life because I'm not confident with my body... and I have never been able to wear a bikini or anything. ugh.
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm not quite as young as you, actually I am starting to feel very old now lol I'm 26 and will be 27 in May. But I am definitely in that category with you.. I have NEVER been skinny, never in my life wore a bikini and have always had self esteem issues because of it. I was on this site 2 different times and failed. I have always believed that no matter how much we want to be skinny it just doesn't happen until we are truly ready to make a change... ready to endure the pain, ready to sacrifice lazy time on the couch, etc. I think it is great you are starting a support system filled with those who have never been skinny. Although having any support system is great, I have had many people who used to be athletes who gained some weight.. it just isn't the same and I don't think they completely understood what I was going through. For those of us who have never been skinny... we WILL be skinny and the memories of how we felt most of our lives from being overweight... will definitely help to keep the weight off.
  • brittanyolguin
    Options
    I think i started getting thick when i was in about 5th grade. . . and always have been thicker.
  • jessiefreshh
    jessiefreshh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I totally fit into this group. I'm 20 and I was always big, then got pregnant and gained even more weight! Feel free to add me, :)
  • Artemis00diana
    Options
    The story of my life! Even though my entire family is overweight now, I am the only one who havnt been skinny or even having a "normal " BMI , at some time in my life. Untill now - I have just hit the bare the puts me out of the "overweight" bracked and into the normal weight group. But I have been (and still have) a time loosing those last kg, since being big has always been a part of me I built my personality around it - so it scared the **** out of me not knowing what would happend or who I would be if I wasnt "the big girl" anymore....

It still does....

Which is why Im also looking for friends, who is in the same state of mind as me - I dont want to lose my focus and become who I was before - I have never been so proud in my life as the day I reached a normal BMI - an that proudness continued everyday - but it is still hard to keep focus and not cave in.

I hope eveyone gets to feel that proudness at let it motivate them to go even futher on theit weightloss journey. Please add me if you are looking for support and inspiration, like me, from someone who dosnt really know what we are fighting for and if the grass is Greener on the other side (BUT IM PLANNING TO FIND OUT FOR MY SELF ;) )
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    In that case, add me! lol I am 28, and will never be tiny. At my smallest, I weighed 150 and wore a size 10. My doctor actually told me that 150 is my ideal weight. Sad thing is that no matter how much weight I lost, my boobs stayed the same size. That is where the weight is....haha!
  • Acp1010
    Options
    We all need to help each other, and ^ you ^ are an inspiration. If you can, we all can, and here is the thing ladies.....no matter how much it is, once you start seeing results, you wont want to stop! it takes 4 weeks to show, and 8 for people to notice. WE CAN DO THIS GUYS!
  • CJLS_5
    CJLS_5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I completely understand!
  • toodloo
    toodloo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    YEP! That's my life too. All through high school I was "bigger" until my freshman year of college when I dropped a bunch of weight. Unfortunately I did it in a really unhealthy and unsustainable way, and I gained it all back plus a LOT more. So now here I am at 26... my goal is that summer 2014 I'll wear a bikini before I get too old to do it ;)

Anyway, I know how you all feel - solidarity with all the girls who've always felt big and out of place!
  • toodloo
    toodloo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh, and of course my best friend is a size 2 or 4 without trying... sigh :'(
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oh that's me! I've never been skinny, i hate the beach and bikinis are a somewhat foreing concept for me...
    But now the situation has gone out of control, that's why I started here... I'm 22 and I need support :)