So frustrated!

Options
13»

Replies

• VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium levels on foods. They could be causing you to retain water weight. Keep going...eventually the plateau will break. Also, are you taking your measurements. Sometimes you might not lose on scale but you could be losing inches. Keep going. Good luck on your journey.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

you dont necessarily need to eat any calories you burn off especially if your cardio work out is less than an hour a day. If i were to eat those calories back for an hours worth of cardio, i'd never drop the weight correctly or at all really.
    If you arent busting your *kitten* for 3 hours a day, i'd say stick to your goal calories each day and leave your 'burned/earned calories' alone. those are a bonus and save them for the weekend in case you need to splurge. its all about balance!!!

And i do agree with inches. sometimes we lose inches and not weight. check your measurements!

I totally agree with you, meredith1123. I am in exact same position as woodwardtm. I have been working out every single day (3 mile walks) starting 31st Dec. For the first 4 days, I did not eat my work out calories back and I dropped 1 lb. Then from the other posts, I realised that I am supposed to eat the workout calories back. So I did for last 5 days and I am back at where I have started!

I think I will stick to your idea of not eating back the calories and saving it just in case for weekend parties. Thanks!

If you gain weight from eating back your calories then your calculations are wrong. You're either underestimating how much you're eating or overestimating your calories burned, or both.

MFP has already figured your deficit. If you don't eat back your exercise calories you create too much deficit, which will hurt you in the long run.

My diet (and water intake) has not changed much between those 4 days when I did drop a pound and the last 5 days where I have gained it back. Since I don't have HRM, I am relaying on MFP calculations for calories burn in work outs. May be you are right that it is overestimating the burned calories?

MFP has been said to overestimate calories for some people. Try eating back 3/4 of them for awhile. Give it some time though because water retention from exercise can make people think they're gaining when they really aren't.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I have just started and I'm determined to not go on the scales. I have been doing hardcore exercise the last week and I am aching and tired but I am determined. Your body will take time to adjust but stick with it. Maybe give yourself a longer time to weigh yourself? It might mentally make you work harder. I am weighing myself in 5 weeks, will also give me time to get into eating the right foods and portions.
    Good luck :)

Me too! I know from prior experience that my weight takes a very long time to move because my body is extremely good at building muscle mass (my calves have always looked like dancer's calves and I have never been a dancer). It is so hard to not step on the scale because I want so badly to see results. But I have to be patient. I am having my hubby take before pics this weekend as well as measurements so I can keep track that way for now :)
  • joycelreed
    joycelreed Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'll trade you scales! lol